December 19, 2014 | 1551 users online

Treatments (Face) - Nivea - Q10 Plus Anti-wrinkle Gel-Serum

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by marisolantela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, the inevitable confession: I feel a kinda awkward buying anti-wrinkle products for the first time. Not that I'm not old enough (I'm 26 and dermatologists recommend to start wrinkle prevention since you're 25), but how come time passed so fast? Seems like yesterday when I was in my teens...
Philosophy aside, though I'm not using it for a long time - which doesn't allow me to check if it actually helps to reach the desired results - I was very happy to finally find a trustworthy yet affordable serum (costed 9.54€) .
I wanted to incorporate this step to my skincare routine some time ago, but since lately my budget is a little tight and this sort of products tend to be greasy, I've postponed the purchase until very recently. And well worth the wait: I never thought I could ever find a lightweight-textured serum for such a reasonable price. It's a very light gel, which is absorbed by my skin almost immediately. Besides from the obvious advantage of being oil-free, it also seems to boost the effect of the moisturizer, leaving my face soft and matte for longer. Also, a little goes a long way: I only need a pea-sized amount to cover my whole face, and the pump packaging helps a lot on controlling how much is spent in every use.

I will come back to this review in a few weeks to share my feedback concerning the anti-aging effectiveness, but so far I trust my previous good experience with some of Nivea's products (like the cleansing gel and the moisturizer) to give it three lippies.

EDIT: good value for the price, but I can't consider it a miracle product; unlike other samples I've tried (like the amazing Kiehl's Açaí Damage-Reparing Serum, which shows results almost overnight), I don't notice a dramatic improvement on erasing wrinkles, just a bit more of firmness. Anyway, it does feel pleasant on the skin, increases its smoothness and works pretty well when combined with other products, especially night creams (I use Garnier's Skin Renew Radiance Moisture). The most enjoyable thing about it is how quickly it is absorbed by the skin, which makes it really easy to incorporate in your beauty routine. As I referred in my previous analysis, it actually boosts the effectiveness of my daytime moisturizer (Nivea's Control It Gel-Cream), so I apply it twice a day. For a beginner in anti-aging products this one seems enough to keep things under control, but in a few years, when I'm older and less tight of budgdet, I'll definitely try something else.