September 2, 2014 | 1678 users online

Sunscreen - Thinksport Livestrong Sunscreen SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really did not like this sunscreen which is a total shame because it has such great ingredients compared to most sunscreens. But man, this just did not cut it.

I used it on my face and body and it turned me oily and shiny. There's a whitecast but I'm super pale as it is so that didn't bother me.
I also hate the scent. I didn't want a sunscreen with the usual sunscreen-y smell, but this was just bad. It smelled like rust and I honestly preferred the usual sunscreen smell to this after applying it, lol.
I also found it hard to rub in and I felt like it didn't really help protect my skin against the sun. I followed the directions and still turned red. Would not repurchase.

This would probably work well for others, but it definitely didn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by lilblacksky

I don't know why this sunscreen is never mentioned around here! I love the ingredients. I've gone through about 4 tubes of these so far. This is a physical sunscreen, with only zinc oxide, one of the reasons I was initially drawn to this sunscreen as zinc oxide seems to be the only filter my skin can tolerate (even titanium dioxide irritates my skin, if in big enough quantities). Very high % of zinc oxide (20%), definitely enough to cover your bases.

The consistency is quite smooth; although it seems to go on quite thick, it blends out & rubs in easily. It does give a slight white cast, which is typical of physical sunscreens (I think if you are using a physical sunscreen and don't see any white cast, you aren't applying enough). I'm fair enough (~NW10?) that it does not bother me, but darker skintones might have problems.
The finish is rather on the oily side, I definitely always put at least a little translucent powder over this to mattify. It works just fine under makeup; actually I think it makes my makeup look a little bit better, because it slightly moisturizes my face and makes my foundation less dry-looking. The primers & foundations I've used with this are all silicone-based, not sure how it'll do with oil-based foundations.

Also I think the packaging has changed, it looks the same (yellow and black tube) but now says SPF 50+, not 30+. The ingredients look the same though. Ingredients at the time of writing are:
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 20% (non-nano)
Inactive Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Capric Caprylic Triglycerides, Cranberry seed oil, Dimethicone, Hyaluronic acid, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Magnesium sulfate (Epsom salt), Methyl abietate (pine wood resin), Olive Oil, Polyglercerol-10 Laruate (Vegetable glycerin), Raspberry seed oil, Sorbitan Stearate (coconut based), Sunflower oil, Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Water (Purified), White Currant

I also used to use the Thinkbaby Livestrong version (in orange & white tube). The ingredients list are pretty much identical except for the very last ingredient, and the only difference I could tell in actual usage is the fragrance (Thinkbaby smells quite strongly of coconut? too strongly for my taste actually. Thinksport is mildly citrusy? I'd prefer unscented, but I guess I can't have it all)

Overall, yes I will continue to repurchase. For me it is perfect in every way except one, which is that it's a bit on the oily side for my face. It's the strongest physical sunscreen I've found that is cruelty free, doesn't irritate, break out, OR dry out my skin. I personally found it cheapest on Amazon ($11~14, including shipping).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by IntheFall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really like this sunscreen. Rubs in, love the ingredients, and don't burn through. Bought this on a whim because I like Burnout but it is not readily avaialbe to me. This is as good or better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Surprised there are no reviews for this. This is one of the better zinc oxide sunscreens I have tried. There are a lot of good things about this sunscreen I'd like to share:
1. It does NOT contain nano particles.
2. It contains enough zinc oxide (20%) for adequate UVA protection.
3. The particles of zinc oxide are micronized, not smaller than 250 nm, and they are coated.
4. Lovely ingredients - no parabens, phthalates (natural fragrance), phenoxyethanol, alcohol, etc.

So how does it perform? It is slightly oily and white. Definitely not the whitest sunscreen I've tried, though - this is definitely wearable, if you rub it in well and if you put makeup on top. (may be more difficult for darker skin tones). It is also not as oily as many sunscreens, and someone with dry skin may really like it. It has never broken me out.

I would say, this is a pretty good natural, zinc oxide based sunscreen - I'd give it a B grade.

I'm going to keep looking because it is a little too oily and white for me..and seems to make my makeup slide around. But, it is better (and safer) than most sunscreens, so if I don't find one I like better, I may repurchase this. I've liked it enough to finish the tube, and that's saying something!