Sephora Color reveal lip balm in Unique pink

2.9

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hexyldecanol, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera Cera (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethyl Vanillin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Menthol, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ci 45410 (Red 27), Ci 45380 (Red 22 Lake), Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this item from Sephora after reading from a blog. It kinda lives up to the name, of changing colour, but I'm not too sure if this really goes according yo your ph, since none of my friends have gotten it to try.

It is pretty easy to wear on, like a normal lipstick, goes on clear and turns pink in seconds. It is quite a nice shade of pink I might say. The texture wasn't too oily, which was nice. Only thing that I don't really like was the smell. It smells like burning paper. I know its weird, but that's what I'm smelling. And since I have sinus, it kept making me sneeze with runny nose.

Bought this for the gimmick, but most likely will not buy it again since you can get better quality ones for less.

I've tried about a million of these. this one has a lot of color without being too much, and stains nicely. but the feel is too oily / slippery when I'd rather these things feel like a balm. the fragrance is cloying. the price is right though.

lipstick queen's frog prince is much better than this, but by far I prefer jane iredale's forever pink. too bad they're so expensive.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I gave this product a 3/5 only because I feel like this product requires a decent amount of reapplication. In terms of the shade it is supossed to adjust according to your lip pigmentation, so in terms of the shade of pink on my lips I have no complaints. The product smells good, it provides enough mosture while on your lips, but for around $10 you could get longer lasting chapstick. I would however recommend it just because its a fun item to have in your purse

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Like most people have already said, this stuff is sort of drying. It goes on nicely and makes the lips feel smooth, but it dries your lips a little if you continue to reapply it throughout the day.

I do love the color it turns, though. It seems true to it's word about going on sheer and then adjusting to your pH.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

No color but more of like s lip balm just waste of money

It smells nice. It's sorta moisturizing. The color did not change for me. I've had equal results with cherry Chapstick. Stay away from it if you have pigmented lips. I'm glad I got this in a sample package as I played with putting it in my cart several times as I'm disappointed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I wasn't even looking for a lip product when I walked into Sephora. But I saw this balm, rather expensive compared to the other Sephora lip items considering it's just a balm. Out of curiosity I tested it on my lips. It feels slightly minty, and watery moisturizing...loved the most natural pinky hue tone it left on my lips. The colour is supposed to appear accordingly as to your lip's pH level. It'll be a good table item in the office for touch-ups without looking like I just touched up. (hehe) So I left Sephora with this & dropped out the other product I was supposed to buy. Been enjoying my discreet lip refreshers thanks to this.

Product - This is another lipgloss/balm which allegedly changes colors based on your personal pH. It goes on very smooth, glossy, and silky; the texture reminds me of Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment. It goes on pretty clear without any detectable pink, and in a minute of two it turns ever-so-slightly pink - enough that I can tell but maybe not anyone else :). This shade should work for everyone. Does not stain the lips.

Comparisons - A knockoff of Tarte LipSurgence Skintuitive Lip Tint in Energy, but this has a less dramatic color change for me.

Packaging - I got the GWP mini, which is in mini lipstick form with black plastic casing. The lid is not as secure as I would like but it's not an issue.

Overall - Good alternative to the Tarte version if you prefer more subtle color payoff. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

At the beginning this product worked for me. I tried it in the store and wait for a couple of minutes, my lips turned healthy flushed pink. I didnt think twice to get it. As for the main purpose of a lip balm, it was moisturizing at first then it sinked into my lips leaving them soft but a minute later it dried out my lips. When I rubbed my lips I feel them soft but it feels drying, I dont get it. The price is quite expensive in my country, what a pity. However I still can use it when I run errands, like grocery shopping etc. I wouldnt wear this to school or work cause it will annoy me, the drying feeling and stuff. Anyway I wouldnt repurchased this bcs its drying and I have dry lips. Colorwise, I love it. It makes my lips look healthy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was drying on my lips. It caused a crack in the corner on one side of my lips, which has never happened to me before. The first application gave me a pretty flushed pink lip but, because it's drying, I reapplied and got fuchsia. Than, I stopped using it to let the crack in the corner of my lip heal. Tested it out again, and the crack came back. I don't see any other reviews like this one, so this situation may just be unique to me, but I never have problems with skincare. I wish I had kept the receipt. I'm not the type to return things, I kind of just put up with them until I use enough of it, and than throw it out, but this is so bad I'd rather get something else entirely.

Popular Lip Treatments