August 22, 2014 | 1977 users online

Lip Treatments - Sephora - Color reveal lip balm in Unique pink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - This is another lipgloss/balm which allegedly changes colors based on your personal pH. It goes on very smooth, glossy, and silky; the texture reminds me of Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment. It goes on pretty clear without any detectable pink, and in a minute of two it turns ever-so-slightly pink - enough that I can tell but maybe not anyone else :). This shade should work for everyone.

Comparisons - A knockoff of Tarte LipSurgence Skintuitive Lip Tint in Energy, but this has a less dramatic color change for me.

Packaging - I got the GWP mini sir, which is in mini lipstick form with black plastic casing. The lid is not as secure as I would like but it's not an issue.

Overall - Good alternative to the Tarte version if you prefer more subtle color payoff. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by MonJes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At the beginning this product worked for me. I tried it in the store and wait for a couple of minutes, my lips turned healthy flushed pink. I didnt think twice to get it. As for the main purpose of a lip balm, it was moisturizing at first then it sinked into my lips leaving them soft but a minute later it dried out my lips. When I rubbed my lips I feel them soft but it feels drying, I dont get it. The price is quite expensive in my country, what a pity. However I still can use it when I run errands, like grocery shopping etc. I wouldnt wear this to school or work cause it will annoy me, the drying feeling and stuff. Anyway I wouldnt repurchased this bcs its drying and I have dry lips. Colorwise, I love it. It makes my lips look healthy.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by NewOrleansLady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was drying on my lips. It caused a crack in the corner on one side of my lips, which has never happened to me before. The first application gave me a pretty flushed pink lip but, because it's drying, I reapplied and got fuchsia. Than, I stopped using it to let the crack in the corner of my lip heal. Tested it out again, and the crack came back. I don't see any other reviews like this one, so this situation may just be unique to me, but I never have problems with skincare. I wish I had kept the receipt. I'm not the type to return things, I kind of just put up with them until I use enough of it, and than throw it out, but this is so bad I'd rather get something else entirely.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by CHLucky7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is not the best tinted lip balm I've had. It isn't very moisterizing, the color is too bright and dark for me, but the smell isn't all that bad. I personally think there are a lot of other balms and butters that are better (ex. Dior Addict Lip Glow, Fresh Sugar Lip Balms, etc.) But on the bright side, it is cheaper than other tinted balms in Sephora and other makeup stores.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

Dior's Lipglow is a HG staple of mine (I have probably used up and repurchased 10 tubes of it already!) so when I saw that Sephora had a similar type of color reviving lip balm, I just had to try it hoping it might be a cheaper alternative. Unfortunately, this Sephora one does not work for me. 1) The scent of this product is much stronger than Dior's -- Dior's lipglow has a very subtle vanilla-mint scent which is not really noticeable, whereas this Sephora one has a very spicy and almost floral/powdery vanilla scent (think cinnamon + baby powder + vanilla + plastic) which I am really not fond of. 2) The texture of Dior's lipglow is very creamy, moisturizing and balmy -- this Sephora one is definitely not as moisturizing or creamy in texture, it requires many swipes on the lips to get lips feeling covered. 3) The shade of Dior's is a perfect sheer rosy pinky tone on me -- the Sephora one turns a brighter and warmer shade of pink on my lips which I am not crazy about. 4) Dior's lipglow feels very comfortable on my lips (I have very sensitive lips that peel or chap in reaction to almost all lip products) and I don't get any peeling with Dior's, it wears so comfortably on my lips -- but Sephora's irritates my lips quite badly, almost immediately after putting it on, my lips start peeling and chapping. There is also a bit of a tingling sensation on the lips with Sephora's (similar to the tingle Duwop lip venom but much more subtle) which I am not fond of. Overall, Sephora's colour reveal balm was really inferior to Dior's lipglow for me and it does not even compare to Dior's -- I will definitely be continuing to buy Dior's since this Sephora one isn't useable for me. Perhaps this may work better for those who have less sensitive lips than I do and who prefer warmer shades of pink on the lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by StellaXYH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The colour turns in a warm raspberry tone on me, which is not bad for my relatively dark cold pink tone lips. The stick is hard, so it's quite thin on the lips and it doesn't mess. It enlightens the lips without being too greasy. It smells like cakes or cookies, which I was not fond of when I opened the tube. But on lips it passes better. When I apply it, I feel a little chill on lips, which is quite pleasant especially for hot weather. The black tube packaging is ok.

On the other side, I'm not sure if it moisturizes though it doesn't dry, either.

I'd probably recommend it for its MLBB look rather than a proper moisturizing lip balm. I might repurchase it again as long as I don't find another more suitable MLBB lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Littlemango

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The changing of the lip color works for me .. I got slightly dark lips and it turns redder and healthy glow which is something I wanted. the downside was it is not lasting .. about 1.5 - 2 hrs and you got to reapply.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this a while ago and I can't say that I'm very fond of it. It turns a very unflattering shade on me, it is not very moisturizing, and it barely gives any sheen to the lips. It's called a balm so I would at least expect moisturizing. Also, the color turns very bizarre if you keep reapplying it which you will want to do because it feels dry. I never reach for this and usually wipe it off when I try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFanNow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this because I'd read it was a dupe for Dior Addict Lip Glow. It is similar, a little greasier in application. The scent was similar as well. I found the color change less dramatic.

It's a nice balm, but I think I do prefer Dior's balm over Sephora's. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, I like this. It does deliver a sheer tint of cool-toned pink color, and I like simple, sleek black packaging, although itís flimsy and feel a bit cheap (whateveróthis is a lip balm, not diamond jewelry Iím talking about). Itís lightly moisturizingódefinitely not drying, but I donít like how lightweight and short-wearing it is. I wear it either over or under another balm, which defeats half its purpose. I like my lip products both slightly pigmented slightly tacky and heavieróhelps me know theyíre there and hydrating my lips. This product is okay. Iím not super-wowed but think itís just a bit above average in terms of all the lip products offered in the whole wide world. I LIKE that itís no frills and simple and will probably repurchase, although this would be true love if only it lasted longer and hydrated more.