October 20, 2014 | 1741 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Pro-X Deep Wrinkle Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I was looking for a moisturizer I could apply at night and under my foundation in the mornings. I came across this product at WalMart and bought it for a super discount ( $7.50). So far I love it! I have super oily skin and this absorbs quickly and doesn't leave a greasy feeling even hours after applying it This actually gives a matte dewey look to the skin. It has not worsened or provoked acne, and foundation looks better when I apply it over this, so it could be a nice primer too. I cannot give a proper opinion on it's wrinkle fading properties since I'm only 22, but it definitely makes the skin feel tight. Also, a frown mark I have between my eyebrows looks less noticeable after I began using this product.
Overall, amazing product, I really like and recommend it; though I don't think I could buy it for the original prize 'cause it's out of my budget.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I have the beginning of vertical lines on my upper lip, and I have a few other wrinkled areas on my face. I've been using this this treatment only on the these wrinkled areas, both day and night, over a serum. After using it for two weeks I can't see any improvement. Maybe this just takes time to work, so I'll use up the one ounce tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i got this in a New Beauty Test Tube. it was full-sized (1.0 oz), and i used it religiously. it *substantially* helped the vertical lines between my eyes. in fact, this is the first thing i've ever used, other than Frownies, that makes me not care if i go back any time soon to get Botox for the glabella area. in addition to filling the lines in noticeably, the product also seems to keep me from utilizing the muscles in that area, too (not sure if it's the product that did this, or the fact that i've trained myself not to use them as much).

even though the product filled in the glabella area to a noticeable degree, this cream couldn't seem to cope with the tiny line that's just developed (i just turned 44) where one of my dimples is. that's ok, though. the most important thing for me is help with the vertical forehead lines without Botoxing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a semi silky texture due to its silicone content, but it also has a lotion- like film feeling to it. Therefore,the moisturizing level it provides is lightweight. People with oily skin might find this too heavy and those with dry skin might need something heavier. True to its name it has retinol and it is high up on the list. Yet on the label it says 'retinol propionate' when I Googled 'retinol propionate' hardly anything came up, but a search with 'retinol palmitate' showed that the latter ingredient works like 'trans-retinoic acid'. Therefore if you are hoping for benefits like 'Retin-A' try not to get your hopes up. It will function as a good antioxidant though. (If I find more information on this I will update it.)
This provides other antioxidants such as 'vitamin E' and 'vitamin B' as well as 'Niacin' which has proof showing good potential for keeping skin healthy. The packaging is an opaque tube with a small slit so little air gets released.This will keep the antioxidants in the product stable. There's not much else to say about it after that. The rest of the product has some glycerin (a good ingredient), and other humectants, preservatives, and acrylates .
This cost me $30.00 and the product has 1.0 fl oz , so it can be pricey. Another thing is that there is another 'Olay Regenerist' product that is 1.0 fl oz and has similar red packaging. The one I reviewed is 'Olay ProX deep wrinkle treatment', and when you open it will have a white tip with a silver band .The other one is 'Olay regenerist Intensive repair treatment', and it has a silver cap . Both of these are good retinol products, but I added these details so you wouldn't get confused.
This has a warning to apply sunscreen and stay out of the sun; since some people have had reactions with this I advise you to heed this warning.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by FoxTanFauxPas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Was looking for a drugstore retinol treatment and this fit the bill. My acne has disappeared and I wake up with super smooth skin. It feels so soft and silky going on, likely due to the silicone in it. I use it only at night. I've also had the same results with the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair but this one costs less, so I'm glad I picked this up. Please note, I am only 24 and not using this for wrinkles so I can't speak about that aspect of the product. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only got this as it was $NZ15 on clearance (usually $NZ100 - which is plainly ridiculous). I was going to get another Regenerist cream but thought I would give this a go as it was cheaper and it got the tick from Paula Begoun. I have to say it's really lovely, I use this all over my face at night and wake up to beautiful soft skin. If you find this on clearance give it a go. I would repurchase if I could find it for the same cheap price.

EDIT: Upped my rating to five lippies. Found it on sale again and bought two more. This stuff is really truly great if you have dry skin or skin which is just starting to age.

EDIT 2: On my last tube of this and I continue to love it. It really has minimised the wrinkles on my forehead and between my eyebrows. I think it's discontinued though :( If anyone knows where to get more, let me know!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Fluffykins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am writing about Olay Pro x eye restoration complex.

It doesn't do anything, nothing, not even a very good moisturizer. At that price I was expecting,something that would actually work on my eye-lid wrinkles!
My wrinklely eyelids look as bad as ever. Can anyone recommend anything??? please, I'm going frantic trying to find a eye lid formulation that works!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by JL06451

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am only 31 but I have light expression lines on my forehead and noticeable smile lines (when I'm not smiling). I think it's due to smoking :( Anyway, this doesn't seem to do anything other than moisturize my trouble areas, which always helps soften the line - however, the second I move my face, the lines are right back where they were, larger than life. Very disappointing. This was relatively expensive for a DS brand.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A while back, when i was almost 60 i figured i should take care of my skin. I'd heard that many DS products were just about as good as HE stuff, so before i dropped the big bucks, i figured i'd start at the lower end.
I tried a mass load of Olay products in the Regenerist line -- too greasy, hideous perfumes, and the eye products irritated my eyes -- and Definity line -- several of which i actually liked.
When the Pro-X line came out a few years ago, i thought it might be better, given all the hype. Hah! Sure, the price is higher than other Olay lines, but the products don't do squat -- in fact, they do even less than Olay's lower priced lines in my experience.
As for this specific product, I used the whole tube of this stuff religiously and saw ZERO change in my skin. I got more response from both Regenerist and Definity products, and i am no fan of them.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Contains glycerin, niacinamide, vitamin e, peptides and retinol in a dimethicone base. I used this daily and did not notice any significant changes in the overall quality of my skin. I have fine lines and some deep wrinkles around the eye area and noticed no improvement from usining this. I also did not find this hydrating at all.