October 23, 2014 | 880 users online

Skincare - Face - Clarisonic - Acne Brush Head

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lili89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the second head I purchase besides the original that comes with the Mia (one speed) and I've definitely noticed a big difference. I don't use it everyday, sometimes I'm too lazy :/ but everytime I do, my complexion is clean and the pores are significantly reduced. The brush is more plush which makes it more sensitive to the skin. I'm still breaking out but I don't blame the brush, I have stress and also get too lazy to fully remove make up. I will use this more often, at least at night time. It can be pricey when you have a skin care regime, I got it at Nordstrom with a 10% discount, be on the look out for sales or events at department stores that sell Clarisonic to get your brushes. Give it a try! Is worth it ;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I've been using MIA 2 for 2 years,for the first year I used the sensitive brush because,well,I have very sensitive acne prone skin. And honestly the clarisonic didn't help at all,but it made it worst in my opinion. So when they came out with this brush head last year I bought it right away. I used to use it once a day at night but it was too much,and then I only use it couple times a week,still too much! Now I only use it few times a month. The last time I used my MIA 2 with this brush was last week and I got breakouts on my upper cheeks. I'm going to give it a try one last time after my breakouts calm down and if its still causing my skin to breakout I'm going to switch to the newest brush head called "cashmere" if I'm no mistaken. To be honest, I regret purchasing the clarisonic MIA 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Nataliegsno

I didn't love my clarisonic until I used this brush head. Before I was using the normal skin brush head and I didn't try a different brush head for years because I wasn't sure my skin would be able to handle anything more abrasive. This has cleared up my breakouts significantly and makes my skin soooo soft and I didn't have any bad reaction using a more deep cleansing brush. My skin has changed so much since changing my brush head so don't be afraid to try a different one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by raverockababy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I swirched to acne brush head after breaking out usinh the normal brush head but I still want to experiment all the different brush hedd before giving up on my Mia 2. Although I was breaking out on my cheeks and chin after starting using Clarisonic, I had reviewed different sources and understood that if you use the brush head that's unsuitable for your skin, this would happened. So, I suggest all first time Clarisonic users to stick to the sensitive brush head. Because when I eventually uses the sensitive brush head, it stop breaking my skin out. I also use the Mia sparingly, usually once a day at night but I sometimes skip if I am not doing any sheet mask afterwards. because I was breaking out badly, I had been using sheet masks (my beauty diary masks which is cheap and good) on a daily basis until my skin have recovered. now I only left 1 or 2 zits and has been loving my clarisonic since.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I've had a MIA for about a year now. I've tried a few of the brush heads, but the Acne Prone one is by far the best. I don't have acne, but do suffer an occasional break out. Whatever this brush is made of works noticeably better than the others. I've tried to Deep Clean and the regular ones. I will continue using this brush head until my MIA breaks!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Beauxsmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Life saver, worth every penny, I had severe painful all over my face swollen red angry acne. I purchased the acne kit, and I use it with cetaphil antibacterial bar, and it's cleared my acne in a little over a month. Now all I have is scars but it's working its magic on those too. I love it and would def recommend to anyone struggling with acne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

Before I start, I just wanted you to know what this review was about. I wrote a review a while back on the differences between the spinbrush pro (and the different models) as well as the oil of olay version of the spinbrush. In this review I am comparing and contrasting them (this was before I bought one) to figure out which one would work best for me... I hope by reading this, you will have a better understanding of your options before purchasing a spinbrush...

I was very skeptical of this brush to begin withÖ. but I finally pulled the trigger after much consultation from my dermatologist. For any of those wondering, my dermatologist herself told me 1) this brush will make a huge difference regarding the health of my skin 2) that the Oil of Olay Spinbrush is just as good as the Clarisonic. That was her honest professional medical answer... So now I will give you my opinion on each of the two models.

The brush head: the brush heads differ on a few levels and I honestly feel that the The Clarisonic brush is superior. The Clarisonic brush head is much larger, even when comparing the smallest size Clarisonic MIA model to the Oil of Olay Spinbrush. The Clarisonic also has the optionality of different removable heads, one of them specifically for sensitive skin. I use this one. The drugstore versions do not have this optionality. After trying both Clarisonic brush heads (the regular and sensitive), I prefer the sensitive. I also feel the bristles on the Clarisonic model are softer and higher quality.

Cleaning power: About equal, but different. The Clarisonic uses a sonic oscillation system while the Oil of Olay Spinbrush uses a nonsonic rotating brush. The Oil of Olay version doesnít really vibrate like the Clarisonic but just sort of spins around in circles. When using the Clarisonic you simply move it in circular motions around your face as the brush vibrates. The Spinbrush doesnít necessarily work in that fashion since its already spinning around. They do feel different in my opinion. Probably both get you to the same place but I prefer the Clarisonic. I also think its much more effortless than the cheaper Oil of Olay brush. One thing that blew me away was not only how well it worked on my face- but also the eczema and tiny red bumps on my arms, after a few scrubs- GONE!

Charging: Clarisonic charges either in a base (if you buy the larger models) or in a simple handle attachment if you buy the MIA (thatís what I have). The Oil of Olay is battery operated- and this SUCKS! I have to change the batteries every two to three times of use (depending on how long I use it, which often varies). Yes, I do have rechargeable batteries, but still can be rather frustrating changing them SO often. This is why there is such aclassic difference in price, though. You get more with the higher quality, you just have to be willing to spend more too.

Models: The Clarisonic comes in 5, yes 5, confusing models. What is the difference in all of them? Why do we need 5 models? They differ in speeds, size, battery life, attachments they come with, and warranty. They range from $119 to $225. There is the MIA (both the MIA 1 and MIA 2). This is the most compact and does not come with a charging cradle but a charging link. The classic comes with a charging cradle. And the Plus and Pro models have 3 speeds and are for the face and body. I think this is all mumbo jumbo and all you need is the MIA. You really dont need different speeds and you can use the regular brush head on your body as well. Unless you really want a standup cradle I would purchase the MIA for $119. The higher models also come with more Clarisonic skin care products. You donít need to use their products. Use your own favorite products. The Oil of Olay only has one to chose from, with no models to choose from. It is very standard and really comes with NO bells and whistles.

Body functionality: The Oil of Olay Spinbrush is very tiny, almost too tiny for the body. I think you can use the MIA Clarisonic for body even though its not marketed that way. You can really tell the difference in price here because the Clarisonic is well built, and sturdy... but the Olay version doesnt fit in your hand as nice, and its not as well built as the other models.

Do I really need to spend $119 on a brush to wash my face? No. You donít need to. But it will get your skin cleaner and you will likely see improvement- like I have after using for just a few days. The brush removes significantly more dirt, oil and makeup than manual cleansing. Both brushes will help to loosen impurities from your pores alot more effectively than your fingertips rubbing soap on your face. However, this does not eliminate the need to exfoliate on a regular basis. The simple fact is that results from either brush are going to be better than not using one at all. The Oil of Olay clearly provides more value at $30. Although I cannot say for sure, it doesnít feel as though it will last for years and years like the Clarisonic does. The Spinbrush is a bit flimsier in your hands than the Clarisonic. I have had my MIA for about a year now and I love it. I would recommend it to every woman really. Especially those women who are obsessed with new facial products, those who keep their skin a top priority and also those who have needs and maintenance when it comes to keeping their skin glowing. If you have dry skin, if you suffer from serious acne or a few blemishes, if you have large pores- this brush will be a godsend. Like I stated earlier, I saw results within DAYS of using this. Keeping in mind, I was using the Nutregena Wave beforehand, which I thought was just the greatest thing... NOT. It doesnt stand a chance against my Clarisonic, not even close. Plus I got sick of spending money on those expensive pads that you needed to attach. I dont have that problem with this- I can use any product i want, and can change them anytime I want. Well worth every penny ladies! Honestly! <

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 6:30:00 AM More reviews by deadscream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have acne prone and dry skin that gets oily throughout the day so I thought I should give the acne brush head a try. I don't have a lot of cystic acne but I do get a few breakouts. I'd say I have light to moderate acne. My acne has subsided over the years but it never really went away. So far, I noticed that using the acne brush head diminished my acne faster than the sensitive brush head did. I do like this better than the sensitive brush for that matter. I have no problems with this brush. I didn't even go through a purging stage. However, if you have severe cystic acne and use medications, I suggest you not use a clarisonic. Just go to a dermatologist first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this brush with the Mia2 and so far, I think it works well. My skin feels softer and my pores seem cleaner. I'm using it with the acne cleanser once a day. The brush is very gentle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I've been using my clarisonic since 2008. I've used Normal and Sensitive in the past. After using Normal for so long the Acne brush head seemed TOO soft on my face. But I quickly became accustomed to it. The bristles on the Acne brush head are longer than it's sister brush heads thus make it softer. My only complaint is that it sheds a bit when you use it and I've never had that issue with any of the heads. Perhaps it's bc the bristles are longer? Acne brush head I use almost every day once day at night. I switch it up with the Deep Cleansing (blue) brush head when i was an intense clean. I would suggest not using your clarisonic daily bc too much exfoliation is bad for you. If you exfoliate too much you'll noticed your forehead becoming shiny like a bowling bowl and it's not greasy. It simply indicates that you're over exfoliating. Try doing it every other day.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No