April 17, 2014 | 1924 users online

Skincare - Face - Clarisonic - Delicate Brush Head

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by emvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin with large pores, a couple active (although small) pimples at a time, and my skin is in no way sensitive. I use Retin-A every other night for just general skin maintenance (tretinion gel 0.025%). As I mentioned, my skin is not sensitive at all, so I was surprised after my first time using the Clarisonic that the brush felt too abrasive on my skin and I had the tight "clean" feeling after one minute. I knew what the Clarisonic was supposed to feel like because an esthetician had used it on my face before I had a facial and this seemed too harsh. After reading on makeupalley about different brush heads, I came to the conclusion that a lot of people switch from the "sensitive" brush head that comes with the kit to "delicate," even people that don't have sensitive skin. I have not used the "sensitive" brush since.

Most nights I use the delicate brush on the low setting for one minute by following the indicating beeps and the results have been amazing (and using Fresh's Soy Cleanser). My pores are smaller, my face is less oily, and my overall skin health is just... better. I will never be able to go back to hand cleansing. Every time I'm done with the brush I rinse it out, then turn it on while applying it to a dry towel which dries it pretty thoroughly, then I put on the little plastic cap and screw the head off (it's easier with the cap on) and place the handle back in the charger. This doesn't seem to have damaged the delicate head.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I wouldn't repeat what have been said by many of the other members. Maybe just to agree with them that because of this brush head I can now enjoy my clarisonic again. I have been using it for only 3 days now but already my skin isn't so 'thin' and red. Beside its hefty price though I think it is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by beckytrawick

I LOVE THIS. My Clarisonic originally came with the Sensitive head, which I thought was good because I didn't know what else to expect since it was my first time using it. After a week or two, I started studying more and decided to buy the Acne head as well as the Deep pore cleansing brush? I hadn't even used the deep pore brush for a month until I started reading tons of reviews on the delicate so I decided to buy it and try it out immediately.
I am not joking when I say this has made SUCH a difference in my skin, so quickly! I didn't think anything was really wrong with the other brush heads that I was using or that my skin was reacting bad to them, but after trying this brush, I can tell that there really is a HUGE difference. The bristles are SO soft and I feel like they clean so much more gently but still really deep down. I will keep buying the delicate brush and this one only.
Of course they're a little expensive, I think they're $25 for one or $40 for two. But you use them for at least 3 months at a time, so I guess thats better than paying $25 every month. All in All, I won't even bother trying the other brush heads anymore, even the ones I have that haven't been used (Normal and acne brush). This is definitely THE BEST & way more soft and gentle than even the sensitive brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

This is better for people with sensitive skin than the sensitive brush.

This is softer and neither scratchy or itch inducing (the sensitive brush was).

I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin and this helped correct all the malfunctions caused by the sensitive brush (breakout of tiny whiteheads around my mouth and nose).

I use this only at night with the Avene Gel Cleanance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ShibuiMuse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Clarisonic has an amazing product in its face brush. I think the way the skin cleansing system works as both a way to thoroughly cleanse the face as well as gently exfoliate the face is highly beneficial.

I've had my Clarisonic for over a year now. The brush that is included in the package is a SENSITIVE brush head. I used the brush for several months with that brush. Over time I noticed my skin seemed to be more pink than usual - yes, it was softer and I felt the brush did a great job cleaning my skin but I didn't want to defeat the purpose of the brush (attaining better skin texture) by over-exfoliating, I tried lowering the number of times a week I used it (from daily down to 3x/wk) and didn't see a big difference in the pinkness of my skin tone.

I decided to try the DELICATE brush. Night and day difference for me. Apples and oranges. Hershey and Godiva, if you know what I mean....

My Clarisonic and I are back on track with daily use and no pink skin.

If any of you are having sensitivity issues with the Clarisonic I recommend trying the Delicate brush before sentencing your Clarisonic to "life behind bars" (of soap) in the dark recesses of your bathroom cabinets.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by rosiers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Finished using the sensitive brush head and I still find it a bit "rough" on my skin after 6 months (I know the recommandation, but I only use once a day). Please note that I don't have sensitive skin, I never have visible negative reaction from any of the skincare products (no acne, not going read, allergy...) and can use AHA exfoliant. You can't think that I have sensitive skin at all, yet I still find the sensitve one rough!? Definately finding the Delicate one much better! Still giving me the same cleansing power (I have a Pro model but using the lowest 2 settings only) and not that "roughness" on my skin. Love it! Definately going to continue using the delicate one, however, I'm tempting to try the acne one too since Clarisonic Customer Service say that is the most "soft" brush head.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by o_sonancy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad they came out with the delicate version of the brush head. This is much more suited for me than the sensitive one. A lot softer on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Seeing as how the sensitive brush head was so rough, I decided to try the delicate. This delicate brush head was okay for a few days but it really wasn't doing anything for my skin. It didn't give me that very clean feeling that I want & get from my deep pore brush head. It was a little too delicate for me.