April 20, 2014 | 1447 users online

Treatments - Garden of Wisdom - Synergistic Anti-inflammatory Niacinamide and B-5 Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I've been using this for about 3-4 weeks now and I'm really liking the effects so far. My skin type is oily/combo and highly acne prone. I'm 31 and still dealing with regular breakouts and cystic acne flare-ups. UGH.

This product does somewhat help calm my cystic acne and reduce redness from fresh pop-ups. I can't say I've seen extensive repair on existing acne scars, but I will continue to use and monitor. My skin feels plump and my pores are less noticeable. I really like the overall result of using this serum and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

A-fricking-mazing. I got a sample of this and tried it out on some rather angry looking red spots on my face. I dabbed it on and went about my business. I have a few GOW products and love them all and have seen some remarkable results, but redness is one problem that nothing has ever been able to truly tackle. Aspirin can reduce the intensity but only for so long. Well, the next time I looked in the mirror I was shocked. The redness was GONE. I don't mean that my face was magically cured and all the spots had vanished, they were still there but were no longer red angry little monsters. I have since ordered more, but have noticed some important things to consider when using it.

Make sure it is the first thing you apply to the spots. If there is anything between it and your skin it does not work nearly as well. Waiting a little bit after applying before adding anything on top helps too.

It has a thin consistency, but try and apply a decent amount to the area needing treatment. This means I may have to apply a little bit and rub/pat (gently) it in, wait a bit, then apply more. I have tried using it all over my face but as the rest of my face is not red...well I think that's self explanatory.

Wonderful product!! Everything I've ordered from GOW has been superb. I have to restrain myself when I look at all the wonderful lotions and potions they have.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I also got this through GoW's sample program, and at first everything was great. My scars were lightening faster than they were with GoW's Argan Anti-Aging Serum (which also has niacinamide but at a lower concentration), and my overall complexion seemed brighter and more even. I wasn't thrilled with the stickiness of the product, but if it was working, I could deal. Then I started noticing little whiteheads in areas I normally don't get them, but since those were usually gone by a day or two I didn't pay them any mind. Then I got a nasty cyst on my cheek that I'm *still* trying to get rid of, and that finally convinced me that one of the ingredients in this product hates my skin. >_< Ah well, it worked well while it did. I've since moved on to the MariTyme gel for my lightening/brightening needs, and it frankly is FAR superior and works MUCH faster at lightening/brightening than the Synergistic Serum and Argan Serum ever did without the stickiness and breakouts of the former and the heaviness of the latter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by xlitlbitx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the newest products that GoW have came out with and I always look to see what is new or in the sample page and found this so when I place an order I chose this as my sample since I saw what it was suppose to do.
"This serum nourishes and heals skin, while providing excellent anti-inflammatory effects for damaged, irritated and swollen skin. A great anti-aging and acne fighting serum, our Synergistic Anti-inflammatory Niacinamide and B-5 Serum is great for youthful or mature skin, and is full of essential vitamins for the promotion of healthy skin."
I noticed a great deal of change in my skin by using this, it helped me with my blemishes that I had been fighting with for a few months and inflamed skin. I have only been using this 1x a day but states you can use it 2x's a day. After samples are gone I will buy again. This stuff is great!