November 28, 2014 | 1749 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Eggplant

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by realmakeovers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I waited a long while before buying this Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. I noticed on the reviews that either ppl loved it or hated it. I was quite surprised how dry the formula was. I dipped the brush in it a second time thinking it would go on smoother. I just can't imagine a reputable cosmetic company like Maybelline would sell such a poorly made product. The elf gel/cream eyeliner comes in exactly the same color. I LOVE the black one by elf but, NOT the one that looks like the Maybelline (gel) eggplant one. Big difference in the prices!! The elf one is only $3!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Despite rave reviews, I hate this eyeliner. It applied really dry and didn't really show up. It also smudged to the area above my lid each time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by enygmagyrl

My first time to try a gel eyeliner and I was pretty impressed. Easy to put on and lasted all day w/out smearing (w/ use of primer). Got Espresso and love the dark color which was close to black but you could tell it wasn't. Will def get again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I applied this over Nars Night Sun and it glided on beautifully. I put it on too thick in one spot and it caked off, but it was very easy to fix. I love the color, and the consistency of this product, I wish it came in more colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by CasperXx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in both black and brown which are amazing, beautiful creamy, long lasting products. Can't say this about the Eggplant. It is horrible. Either you have to put on a lot which looks chunky and messy or you get no colour. Even with a lot on, it doesn't show up anywhere near the beautiful colour in the pot. It almost seems dry going on. I actually thought it was a problem with my product so I sent it back to maybelline but turns out, its just the formular. It is a beautiful colour in the pot and has a long lasting wear in the swatches I've done but the colour nor the creamyness transfers to skin. Will not repurchace. I would rather spend the $45 odd dollars on Bobbi Brown and know I have a good quality product than waste it on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by AWu0138

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice eggplant gel eyeliner - nice with brown es. Also own this in black and both are nice formulation - does not smudge once it's dry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I have this in black as well and I like it, but in purple it just does not deliver. It isn't as creamy as the black and takes FOREVER to build up. By then it gets a little messy and the line is less clean. It's almost dry now that's how long I've had it and almost never wear it. I would love to find a rich purple that actually pops, but so far this isn't it. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not the best formula I have tried for a cream eyeliner. I have only tried the eggplant color, I do like it and plan to continue using it, however, I can't recommend it. It's just not pigmented enough, and you need to run a few layers of it to get a decent purple color. After that, I NEED to set it with a similar or darker shade of purple eyeshadow to make it last and stand out more. It is very pretty when all of these steps are followed for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture isn't as creamy as I'm used to (I usually use the essence gel liner) but I still found it was super easy to apply. It's not super pigmented but that's okay. The reason I got this shade was for a more soft look. I love the colour and the brush that comes with it is actually really good. It doesn't smudge or flake at all, even on my lower lash line and I've worn this through school and work, like 13-14 hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

Texture was nice and applied okay. The color "Eggplant" came out like a mild gray and took several applications to see any color. It's too sheer a color. When I put on eyeliner I want to see some definition to the lash line (which is the whole point of eyeliner!). While the "Eggplant" gel eyeliner by Maybelline was a disappointment, the "Blackest Black" was much MUCH better. On the plus side this is one of the few gel liner brands I bought that doesn't dry out quickly. I've had it three weeks and it's still smooth and moist.