November 27, 2014 | 1504 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Waterproof Mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first used this I was really wowed and ready to jump on here and review this and confess to it being an HG mascara but I have thankfully learned how important it is to review with care and to wait to review a product until after you have used it for awhile so you can get to know it really well and to give it time to rear its ugly side.
At first this mascara really wowed me. It held a curl, didn't smudge, didn't flake, didn't get stuck to my contacts, no clumps, buildable length and volume, no excess product on the wand that I'd have to sit in front of the mirror trying to scrap off for an obscene amount of time. It did everything I've been wanting in a mascara...and then it happened. It failed me. My curl fell, got flakes stuck to my contacts that were in PITA to get off them, had the dreaded mascara marks one would get on your upper eyelid where your lashes hit the skin, flakes right under my eyes and I think whatever natural oils my eye area produce may have broken down the mascara or maybe it was my eye cream/oil I used that broke it down.
I really loved this product at first. It was wonderful and I was thoroughly impressed with it. I really thought I had found my HG mascara and the price for this was under $4 with tax at Walmart, what more could I ask for? I'm not understanding what went wrong and what happened. It performed so well for the first week I used it then BAM! It just started acting out in defiance out of nowhere. I have no idea why it broke down, flaked and smudged because I made sure to get the waterproof kind so I'm a little irritated that it left that dreaded mascara mark on my upper lid area which is not awesome at all. I miss my baby, my HG mascara from Maybelline, it was in a long narrow dark midnight blue tube with silver sparkles on it, I think it may have been called Sky High Curves? That was my HG for the longest time then Maybelline had the nerve to discontinue it! I have yet to find a mascara that gives me the same results as that dc'd mascara. I thought I found it in this CG one cause the brush was almost similar, but no it's not good at all. I'm cheap and don't have a lot of money to replace things that don't work out for me, wished I had saved the receipt for this, I would have returned it and kicked out a few more dollars for something out. But I will try and finish this, make it work if I can and then move on to the next HG mascara hunt.
No more mascara from Covergirl, this is the second time I've had problems with their mascara and I think I'm going to stay far away from CG mascara from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by dftns107

This is the only mascara drug store or higher end that i've ever found to not smudge at all what so ever on my oily eyelids. I find it good for lengthing, dark coloring, and an excellent waterproof formula. If you're looking for volume i wouldnt say this would be for you but if you have issues with smudging this is perfect. I keep trying other things but in the end coming back to this. The other 2 professional ones by cover girl in the purple and pink tubes smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Staaarlit

This is review for the Covergirl Professional All-in-One Waterproof Mascara.
I don't know why it doesn't say "All-in-One" in the title.

A superb mascara for the everyday. It provides decent length and volume --not extreme, but still noticeable enough that it nicely opens up your eyes. There is no clumping or flaking. And for asian straight lashes like mine, this mascara does wonders at holding curls, even with mulptiple coats.

As for waterproof, I don't think this formula is very waterproof/water-resistant. During these summer months, it definitely smudges after a few hours of wear, but it's also fairly easy to swipe away. I do set my undereye area with a powder, so I think it's the heat and not my face oil that's smudging it.

It is also not a pain to wash off. I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover + cotton pads, and the process is a breeze.

Will also use this in the winter months to come to see if the smudging problem persists.

Regardless of the smudging, this mascara is totally a thumbs up! If this mascara was priced at $6 or $7, I would have given it 4 stars, but because it is soooo inexpensive ($3.29) for its quality, it deserves 5 stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by gymnast29

This mascara isn't huge and unique. It's my everyday mascara, and I like it because it doesn't flake off, and it will stay on for a little longer than my average mascara. Although these things are amazing, if you get it under your eyes, it's difficult to get off without makeup remover. This mascara isn't for those people who want their lashes to be super long, it's a product for a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have purchased this mascara multiple times over the years. Like others have stated, it isn't a mascara that really wows you, but it's a good, nice dependable mascara for every day that does the job. You can find it anywhere and it's inexpensive. It's easily removable and I don't notice it flaking on me. The other reason I like it right now is because I've found that I do not like a big thick mascara wand like Lash Blast and I'm sick of the hard plastic spikey wands that I end up painfully poking myself with. Give me a nice mascara with a traditional brush wand and right now I am happy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by erincollard

It's a great mascara. It's just not waterproof. There is no way I would wear this swimming. It barely survived the humidity of my bathroom.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

A lot of the members here may not have been around when this was introduced back in 1978/79. It is a good mascara that does a fair job of lengthening. It does not smudge,smear or run. This is the one I knew back then when Cover Girl was owned by the Noxell Corp.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I loved this mascara but unfortunately it didn't work out for me in the end. This is definitely a great everyday mascara, especially if you're looking for something that will lengthen your lashes. It only adds a slight bit of volume but it really does a great job at lengthening them. It defines your lashes without any signs of clumps or flakes. It makes your lashes look very fluttery and natural. Which is hard for me to say about most mascaras because my lashes are really short and sparse. It also does a pretty decent job at holding a curl but I do find after a few hours it's not as curled. Now, the bad part is that I get extreme raccoon eyes when using this mascara. Despite whatever method I tried to use to avoid it from smudging. I don't know if it's just the formula or because of my skin type but it did not work out. It's such a bummer because this mascara performs so well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've come to believe that mascara is just one of those things that is YMMV "your mileage may vary." I've been on the lookout for a good non smudging, stay put WP mascara. I'm not looking for mile long lashes. Just a bit of darkening to make my lashes stand out a bit behind my glasses.

That being said-I gave this a try and well, this one just isn't for me. The price is awesome-under $5. Too much product comes out with the brush for me, I always wipe it back into the container, but there was too much that it got very messy. For me, this clumped and made my lashes stick straight after I had curled them. Although being labeled as waterproof, it still ended up giving me raccoon eyes. It also flaked a bit more than I would prefer.

Like I said, this is just my experience. It was a drier formula, which is why I gave it a whirl. Ah, well, my quest for my HG mascara continues! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an ok mascara. It didn't wow me, but it wasn't awful either. First the pros: It is inexpensive and easy to find. I also liked that it was quite pigmented - I like black-brown mascaras since I have very pale coloring and this was a nice rich black-brown color. The brush was decent - I got the curved version (which I am always a fan of) and it is the classic 'spool' style brush. It is a slightly drier formula, and is natural looking. A bit volumizing but not very lengthening. The cons: It flakes, which for me is a deal breaker. It doesn't flake a great deal, but it does it consistently. Also, I got the waterproof version and did not find it to be waterproof at all. And it left my lashes feeling slightly dry. So all in all, not a bad mascara. But probably not one I would repurchase and I will be moving on to something else when I finish the tube.