July 23, 2014 | 1574 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - L'Absolu Rouge Nu 1141 Sweet Marmalade

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Looks quite scary in the tube - bright orange. But it's nothing like that on my lips. More like a soft pink-peachy shade. It has a moist finish to it but there are no glitters etc in this lipstick. It does feel quite moisturising when you first put it on but it dries out my lips horribly throughout the day as I do need to re-apply frequently (every other hour). I do need a lip balm underneath with this lipstick, otherwise I am going to end up with chopped lips. I am not going to buy it again, though the packaging is very cute and the color is oh so pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

No need for balm underneath this lipstick! The texture is light and buttery and leaves an ultra-hydrated sheen on the lips. The color is an extremely sheer coral; Lancome describes it as "a delicate veil of color", and when they mean delicate, they mean delicate... However, this is a lovely effect because the color doesn't overwhelm your face or puts the spotlight on your lips-- it evens out the tone and brightens it a little with a touch of color. This is going with me everywhere for spring and summer!

The great packaging is worth noting, too. Aside from the pretty rose-vine motif and sophisticated shape, the cap is held to the base of the tube via magnets, keeping the cap tightly on while it jostles around in my purse-- only the gods know how many lipsticks of mine have been ruined because of a runaway cap. Or am I the only one with this problem?