Garnier Ultra-Lift 2-in-1 Wrinkle Reducer Serum+Moisturizer

3.2

on 8/28/2015 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This isn't the greatest anti-aging serum/cream combo in the world, but when money is tight and I can't justify splurging on my preferred Murad items, this is a nice money-saving option. It's also great for travel as it's a serum & moisturizing cream in one, so you don't need to pack separate jars of serum, day cream, and night cream - this does it all in one step.

I personally prefer to use separate serums and creams as I have very dry skin, so like to vary my moisturizers to ensure my skin is getting enough moisture for however it is acting at the time, so that is my only real negative with this. I don't mean to sound like a snob, but you do get what you pay for when it comes to skincare, so don't expect miraculous results here; the lines on my forehead do appear slightly reduced and my skin feels slightly firmer, but this doesn't seem to do anything for my laughter lines.

However, considering the low price, I think that these small results are impressive.

on 8/19/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have been using this for a week and I have CLOGGED pores all over my bloddy face! It was either this or my Dermablend Powder camo. I will update as I will stop using it and see if my face clears up.

on 10/28/2014 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i tried this product based on reviews i saw on makeup alley. im a bit of a serum addict and love trying them out. anyway first thing i noticed after my first use of this is how amazing my skin felt! i used a little too much, so i had to reduce the amount i was using as a little goes along way! it doesnt make my skin oily at all, it made it look clearer within a few days! my mum even commented on it. it DOES ball up, but only if you rub your face after it has sunken in. i don't regularly rub my face, as i either use this before makeup every day or i put it on before bed, so that doesnt really bother me. i find it makes a fantastic primer for my revlon colourstay whipped foundation, or any other foundation i use really. there is a few others i do want to try, so i may give them a go. but i would and probably will definitely buy this again!

on 9/17/2014 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Didn't do anything for me, except for the 1 or 2 whiteheads I woke up with everyday. :-/ I'm oily, sensitive with rosacea as well. Think I'll try something with real retinol, this did nothing.

on 9/16/2014 11:05:00 PM

Ok so it's only been a week, but I've been using all these highfalutin serums and stuff for years trying to find one that reacts favorably to my combo/oily sensitive rosacea skin. I kid you not, my skin is smoother already. Besides the lovely packaging and guilt-free price, as well as the serum/moisturizer in one appeal, this stuff is non-greasy and doesn't sting even my little patches of eczema, which even CETAPHIL lotion does! I use 2x per day it's a treat under makeup. Would not see this being rich enough for a dry skin type. My skin is notably brighter, more even, and lines have softened. In ONE WEEK. I am a real skeptic w all this anti aging stuff and was just targeting my skincare on my redness, sampling say lancome's serum or shiseido, or other freebies from my birchbox, gifts with purchase, or sephora samples, and none gave results in fact many made my skin worse and irritated it. I will update after I finish my bottle.

on 9/7/2014 6:56:00 PM

So very dissapointed after the very first use. As soon as I put on foundation it balled up all over my face. Going back to my olay age defying 2 in 1 moisturizer and serum, it was perfect under make up, Im just gonna use this garnier up at night and I will not repurchase.

I normally buy high-end natural products, but decided to give this a go after seeing it on special and am very impressed! I will definitely be buying this again because...IT WORKS - skin is noticeably different after a month of use. Skin is much smoother and wrinkles have reduced. The price is fantastic and very good value for money as a little goes a long way. I have a very oily T-zone and I find that this controls oil during the day, is perfect under make-up (Revlon ColorStay). The only 'cons' I have are that if you use too much or rub it in for too long it begins to ball up.

on 8/11/2013 4:40:00 AM

im on my 3rd or 4th bottle, j love the smell, thiugh i cant pinpoint/name what it smells like. i dont have wrinkles but ever since i can remember i've had 3 extremely deep lines along my throat/neck, sk i use it there along with the target 2-in-1 version and j see a noticeable reduction along those lines

on 6/16/2013 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product is absolutely excellent for someone who has sensitive, oily, or acne-prone skin. I cannot use the heavier, more expensive creams and anything with SPF or heavy scents makes me break out. I have tried creams that cost up to $100 and have not noticed that they worked any better than this product. I'm someone who tries every cream and every make-up item and gets frustrated after no effect and moves on. Not with this one. I have used this religiously for well over 1 year. I no longer have to use "day" and "night" creams and have even abandoned my previously "all organic" products that are high in Vitamin C, Collagen, and Hyaluronic Acid (and were costing me a lot of money put together). The price of this cream and the effect of what it does is right in line with $50 creams, but I find it better because:

1. It does not make me break out, does not make me oily (and actually controls my oil), does not have SPF (which irritates my skin), is really lightweight, can be worn under make-up, and is almost scent-free

2. You don't need much of this to cover your face and it actually WORKS. I expected it to only improve fine lines, but instead it really HAS firmed my whole face and even greatly diminished a very deep forehead wrinkle I had developed and was pretty upset about at age 32.

3. EVERYTHING makes me break out. This never, ever does. I can use it for day and night and need nothing else unless I want a special under-eye cream or something just to add-on.

4. The price is crazy in relation to what it does compared to higher-priced products. I find this perfect for a woman who is both preventing and correcting wrinkles, but doesn't want a heavy, expensive cream that cannot be worn with make up (or even other products). No irritation or redness occur from this and I even go to the tanning salon in the Summer with no ill results of having this on while I do so.

5. I would highly, highly recommend this product to anyone and everyone and especially those looking to firm and prevent and are sensitive to most other products and/or break-out easily.

The best part is people NOTICING and telling me I look younger and my being able to go out without foundation and concealer more often than not the "older" I get because of using this product. The price makes it worth a try, even if you are skeptical.

on 5/15/2013 11:31:00 PM

for someone that rarely breaks out I can not believe how many pimples this product has given me, will definitely not be buying again. I'd rather pay the extra money for the yestocarrots blueberry serum, smells much nicer, gave me glowing skin and gave me no pimple issues.

Popular Moisturizers