April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Mascara - Ulta - Voluptuous Volume

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This barely makes any noticeable difference on my lashes, let alone any kind of voluminous effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is OK. It does coat the lashes with good dark pigment, but doesn't do much in the volumizing department. I would definitely use this for a more natural look or the "no makeup" look...or even to coat some falsies. It didn't clump my lashes, however it didn't make them very full and only added a little bit of length. I would suggest adding another mascara after applying this. It stays on ok and I didn't notice much flaking like some other drug store brands I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I happen to like this mascara for the same reasons everyone else seems to hate it. It gives me natural looking lashes, very black, but soft and full. Definitely not voluptuous volume, but I don't like that thick, heavy lash look so I'm very pleased with this one. I don't find it dry either, will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

This mascara is absolutely pointless. No length, no volume, no definition. It also stung my eyes upon application. I'm not sure what else to say about it. It's the worst mascara I've used.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Sweetc509

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a cheap mascara because my other mascaras were drying out. This is definitely the worst mascara I've ever tried. I'd rather not wear mascara at all than wearing this mascara. It doesn't volumize nor lengthens. Very useless and disappointing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by P0LDS

A friend of mine told me that Ulta had a new mascara that was just wonderful. I was told at my local store that there was no 'new' product, however, this Voluptous Volume was great, she used it, and all of that other stuff. I am not sure if maybe I got an older product or if it is the actual formula, but the mascara is DRY. I had to put on about 5 coats for it to even look like I had 1 coat of my previous mascara (Revlon Grow Luscious Waterproof). I'm not sure if it was isolated or if that is how the formula goes on, but I am returning and exchanging for another formula. We will see how that goes..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by dawny0826

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had not had the opportunity to sample Ulta mascara and was excited that mascara was included in one of my gifts with purchase.

Overall, I do not consider this an impressive product. The mascara formula is very "light" and seems not to coat my lashes, even after multiple applications in a manner to produce enough volume to warrant the name "Voluptuous".

With this said, it's an economical mascara and because it is a light weight formula, it is useful for lighter, summer looks, so I will use the product for its three month life span.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Go this in a gift with purchase and threw it in my gym bag for an on the go mascara, which can barely even be called that. It takes A LOT of work to get any kind of noticeable effect. Voluptuous Volume?? Hardly. More like "Kind of even barely there mascara". Will most likely throw it away and cycle in one of my better, less used mascaras to my gym bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by rileycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also got this mascara as a free gift with purchase. If you are looking for a dramatic effect, this is not the mascara for you. I agree with the previous reviewer, the name is misleading and the mascara doesn't seem to fully coat the brush to get a good application on your lashes. I'm thinking you would have to apply multiple coats to get a better look, which is a waste of time. I do like the tube, but I would not run out and buy this. Ulta should rename the product "barely there mascara."

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Ugh, this is one of the worst mascaras I've ever owned. It came as a free gift with my purchase, and it sucks. They seriously misnamed it. The brush is very dense in some places, making it hard to actually get product onto the lashes. Also, the brush has like no product at all, so instead of mega volume, it legitimately gets absolutely NOTHING on my lashes! They don't look darker or even volumized at all! This stuff is crap, even if it did come as a gift. I don't know about the staying power- I just threw it out right after one use. And they expect you to pay $10 for this? Noooo way. Ulta should stick to selling the makeup instead of creating their own -.-