October 23, 2014 | 2102 users online

Pressed Powders - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age Reversing Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wow, this is why reviews should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not sure what people think this is supposed to do? It doesn't say "perfectly natural powder" it has oil in it, why would it feel light on your skin? It actually has great coverage and if you buff it in it looks perfect. Matte, smooth and lovely. It does not look natural but it doesn't claim to. Reassess your expectations before trashing products.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by jolson428

Despite the negative reviews I actually like this powder! It did take a few tries to get it right - it can be chalky if you use a heavy hand and don't blend it in. Also, the colors are much lighter than the description states. I'm usually a Medium tone but when I tried that color it looked like kabuki makeup, but the Deep is perfect. As far as the "age-reversing" properties, I would have to disagree on that, but the coverage is great and its lasts throughout the workday without needing touchups.

I first found this on clearance at Walgreens, and now at Ulta too - I bought the last 3 I could find since it appears its being discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

Horrible powder!! I loved the Visible Lift cream foundation and thought this might be good too. How WRONG I was. . .

This appears very heavy on skin. It applies patchy, like islands of powder on your face. The powder emphasizes anything and everything you don't want it to.Sinks into fine lines. Gets very muddy anywhere near the eyes.Clings to dry areas. Makes flakes look 10x worse. In oily areas it separated and clung to random areas, making it look like I had dalamation spots made of L'oreal powder. The first time I used this was to dust on top of my normal foundation. Now when I say "dust" - I mean I swiped my brush very, very lightly across the compact. Like I mentioned above, it literally clung in patches like someone had thrown chalk at my face. When I tried to blend it out, it just got worse and worse. It always appears heavy on skin even after a lot of blending. I felt like I just can't win - either I blend it out till there's nothing on my face or be stuck looking like I had some skin disease. Ugh. I just can't understand how this product got into stores. Especially as it is aimed at older women - it should apply smoothly and blur imperfections while leaving skin looking healthy. It did none of that.

The colours are all waaay lighter than what is normally considered a "light" or "deep" etc. The light looked like clown face paint white on my skin, and medium did not match either.

I can't recommend this to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by BaronessaGinevra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a hot mess this stuff is. I needed some pressed powder for touch-ups and this was on clearance at Walgreens. I now see why. I have very pale skin but the Fair (170) looked absolutely white on me. It's chalky, it stayed on top of my skin and didn't blend at all. Has a very dry feel, I'm surprised that this is labeled "advanced age-reversing." Awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by twigsonic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best drugstore powder I've ever used. I have oily, very fair skin. I've tried everything, liquid foundations, cream compacts, powder foundations, pressed and loose powders. This is the best out of all of them. I'm so surprised by the reviews for this and on reading them it seems so many people are looking for a light makeup that doesn't really cover anything. I have good skin but I do like to feel as though when I apply makeup, it gives my skin a more flawless look and not just a slightly enhanced look. This powder does that.

It's difficult finding a powder that isn't too dark. I'm almost at the end of my first compact fair/pale 170 and I'll definitely be repurchasing when this runs out. It is light enough for the palest skin. The applicator brush sucks. It feels scratchy and doesn't do much. I use disposable foundation sponges and press and roll or pat the powder on either over foundation or bare skin the way Wayne Goss suggests applying powder. Then use a powder brush to knock off the excess.

UPDATE 3/10/14

I noticed people stared at me a lot whenever I wore this powder and in the end decided that it looked really good under certain lighting but in stores for some reason it looked like stage makeup that someone would use for a ghost scene, like maybe the girl in "The Ring" climbing up out of the well. Shame.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by ksk07

This is by far the WORST powder I have ever tried! I normally wear Clinique to set my foundation, but L'oreal was buy one get one 1/2 off at my Drugstore and I decided to try this. I thought the packaging was nice, ( gave it a 3 because it included a flimsy brush instead of a powder puff) but other than that, this powder is poor quality. Even just swatching it on my hand the consistency is chalky. I gave it a 2 only because it does keep oil at bay. Looking close I could see the powder literally sitting on my skin. There are only maybe 3-4 color options available, which is another big negative. L'oreal has some great products, but definitely stay away from this one!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Man: Ma'am you have some cake on your face
Woman: Oh, no it's just L'Oreal Visible Lift Age Reversing Powder!

That about sums up my experience with this product. A cakey mess. Not very flattering. Not enough shades. The shade I normally used was far too light. Made me look sick. The next shade seemed better suited for a tan or olive complexion I do not have.

Should L'Oreal roll out new shades I hope they review this product. Something does not seem right about the formula.

Returned product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by turtlesaurus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love you L'Oreal and so many of your products ... but this powder straight up SUCKS! Decided to try this stuff when my beloved true match pressed powder in w-2 was sold out one day and felt pretty confident purchasing it as i'm usually very satisfied with L'Oreal. Unfortunatly this was a huge miss for me. No matter how light handedly i attempted to apply this the result was always the same - a powder that sat on top of my face screaming to the world "Hey,look at me"! I knew right then that i wouldnt be able to do my usual mid day touch up to keep oily shine at bay without looking like a freak so i used oil blotting sheets instead. The entire work day i could feel this stuff on my face and just knew in my gut it probably looked horrible. After avoiding mirrors all day to spare myself the embarassment, I finally got home and found exactly what i had been dreading ... a heavy, caked up, pore enhancing mask. I still cringe thinking about what must've been going through customers minds that day .... especially since i work as a beauty advisor lol. Oh and I gave this 2 lippies instead of just one because at least it didnt add insult by breaking me out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I really like the L'Oreal Infallible powder (red compact). It goes on smooth & doesn't cake. Sadly the lightest color is too dark (but perfect for my summer shade) and it almost looks like they're discontinuing it (it's been marked down at many stores in my area). Thinking about that, I tried this powder as a substitute. Thinking it's L'Oreal and I tend to usually be at least okay with their foundations. This isn't similar at all. Try layering/building this powder and it gets noticeable & cakey (unlike the Infallible). I do have to say it'd be a cool finishing powder though 'cause it has a shimmer to it (not glitter; just a healthy glow) and that's nice. I wish more powders had that "healthy glow" shimmer to them instead of being completely matte & dull looking.
TL;DR: Has healthy glow to it but gets cakey easily

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked it up at the drugstore because I was scouring the shelves for a talc-free powder, and this was all I could find (this particular store didn't carry Physician's Formula for some reason, which I know definitely has a talc-free powder).

So, this powder doesn't have talc, but what it *does* have is bismuth chloride, the ingredient in Bare Esceuntels that a lot of people react to, including me. With BE my whole face started itching on day 2. But, I think the concentration of BC is lower in this product, because I don't find it irritating at all in this. I'm also careful not to over-apply this product, which is really Ok, because a little does go a long way. I wear it over my mineral or liquid foundation to set my t-zone. It imparts a really nice glow (from the BC), and stays put for hours. I also love the packaging, it comes with a really nice mirror. I don't use the powder puff that comes with the packaging, I use a big fluffy powder brush and kind of dab the powder on my face gently and then swirl it a bit. It doesn't look powdery, it doesn't cake, it detracts from imperfections, it doesn't oxidize, and in general is a really good product, not a miracle worker, but really good.

Edited to Add:
I've also started using is all over my bare skin in a couple sheer layers on very casual days when I want a seriously minimal look. It gives my skin a nice satiny glow (I get as many compliments when I wear this alone, as when I do with my EL Invisible), and while it doesn't hide my imperfections, it certainly helps to detract from them and tone them down. A few layers of this, some eyeliner, and gloss, and I am good to go. It stays put for hours and doesn't oxidize.

Don't believe the "lift" hype, though, my lovelies. Oh how I wish it did lift, but it doesn't. But it will make you look beautiful.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No