October 25, 2014 | 1529 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Hercules Sagemann Shark Clips

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Hercules Sagemann Shark Clips
6pk 3-black 3-red sectioning clips
Hotcombs.net
8.95USD
Rubber finish, non-slip grip
1/2" W x 4.25" L
Self-adjusting hinge
For coloring, cutting and styling

Me: spongy, thick, medium-length coils. I have stupidly suffered with BSS craptastic sectioning clips that didn't hold, chipped, rusted and died. I read great reviews so FINALLY bought these.

The rubber tooth-shape hinge of the top of the clip and the smooth lower part holds my super-thick hair beautifully. The rubber is soft but firm. The most amazing part is that I can easily pull these out of my hair without snagging, pulling or breaking my hair! They hold firm on their own but when I'm removing them, instead of unclamping them I can just pull them through my hair and they glide out! Curlies understand my need for exclamations and repetition on this point : ) I thought only a smooth clip could glide through my hair like that but this did it fabulously.

One holds a lot of hair very well, my mom has mid-back, thin, straight hair and they are just as gentle and effective on her. I wet them all the time so far with no effect on the clamp and no rubber scent. I toss them in the sink and so far no casualties. I really like the design and think the material and functionality are great, I would buy them again.

EDIT: The plastic bearings surrounding the screws for the hinge mechanism are hard plastic unlike the softer plastic of the entire hinge itself and the bearings don't completely wrap around the screw portion. These bearings can and do crack easily! I have (1) clip left after less than 2 months and minimal use. I have rinsed them with water, used them while using oil-based products and have been careless with some as mentioned above but it wasn't just me, the hard plastic bearing design I believe is ultimately poor. I would no longer recommend these and am downgrading lippies from 5 to 1 and WOULD NOT BUY AGAIN. Too bad because I really liked these clips : (