September 30, 2014 | 1306 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yes To Carrots - Super Rich Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

Nourishing, softening, carroty, expensive. I only bought it because it was on sale plus I had a great coupon. It was worth the 2$ I paid. It's not as thick as other body butters, but does absorb well. I wouldn't pay full price because I only got 10 days out of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by babysharks

Heads up! This review is for the body butter in the orange container, not the white one.
I love this body butter! It is so rich and smells lovely! I have dry eczema-prone skin and this has worked very well for me.
I always stock up on this when I see it for sale at Ross. It's thick and a little greasy, so keep that in mind before putting your clothes on. I like to give myself a little drying time before I dress.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by xoxollt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the trial size of this after smelling it. As someone said previously, this smells exactly like a plastic Barbie doll. Kind of reminds me of a Cabbage Patch babydoll or something! It has that plastic yet baby powder scent. I really like it actually. This is definitely a thick cream or whipped cream rather than a true dense body butter, but I like that also. It melts right into my skin and makes it silky soft. It only leaves a bit of oiliness if I use too much which is REALLY easy to do. You barely need any of this at all! I like to keep this by my bed and use it at night on my hands and feet. I wake up with silky soft hands. I would absolutely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by faith97

This is a good product that actually works well as a face moisturizer. The smell is nice and is not too thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by kata8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think it is not a body butter, it is an body lotion. But it is a very good body lotion. It is moisturizes well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This cream is definitely moisturizing. It goes on smoothly and is very easy to use. The packaging is convenient and overall, this is a very effective product. My only complaint is that it smells like plastic Barbie doll and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased a trial size to keep as hand cream in my purse. It feels strange, more like a lotion than a body butter. Didn't find it to be particularly moisturizing. Wouldn't recommend on those two counts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good option for those people with normal skin. It smells lovely, like orange blossoms, it sinks in well and is not sticky nor does it leave a film. However I have super dry skin and you could see within a few hours that this wasn't going to cut the mustard and as it was relatively expensive for my budget, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by meowmeowkitten

I am absolutely in love with this product. I am almost done with my first tub and will certainly repurchase it again.

Before I begin, I have agree with the reviewer below me - it is not really a body BUTTER, but more like a whipped creme. Something right in between a lotion and butter. Personally I prefer that over the heavy butters, but if you truly are looking for a butter, then this product may not be for you.

Anyways, my skin gets a bit tight after a shower and this nourishes it well. A little goes a long way because it is so silky and absorbs into the skin really quickly. No need to spread it and rub it in for a while like the butters. It has a light scent which I like, and it dissipates very quickly. Since I hate scented stuff this is perfect for me.

The tub is sturdy and low so I know I'll be able to get every last bit, which is important to me. And the price is extremely affordable and you can get coupons everywhere. I just placed a huge order from yestocarrots.com with a 50% off coupon. I highly recommend this butter and other products from this company. And they are ALL cruelty free too!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by vicarrion

As an artist, I spend a lot of time at the sink scrubbing paint off my hands, leaving them dry (and unsightly). I keep a trial size of Yes to Carrots body butter in my purse and use it sparingly, not more than once a day. The thick white cream sinks into my skin without too much greasy residue and completely rejuvenates my hands, keeping them soft and conditioned (and looking younger) for hours. The softness lingers even after multiple subsequent washings which I find very impressive.

While it is on the pricier end of what I can afford, I feel the quality is worth it. The smell is pretty subtle and more "unisex friendly" than most creams.

I also buy the larger tub to keep in the bathroom and use it on sensitive areas (bikini line, etc.) immediately after showering/shaving. This is the only lotion I've tried that has significantly reduced if not eliminated razor burn/bumps and the itch factor of stubble growing in. Again I only use it in shaved areas, (and the cheaper Palmer's cocoa butter for everything else), so it lasts a really long time. And, from the larger tub, I am able to refill my small travel-sized container, which is durable enough to reuse again and again.

Packaging-wise, the tubs are durable, easy to open, and allow me access to every last smidgen of the product (unlike annoying squeeze bottles). I do, however, prefer the smaller design of the old trial-sized tubs to the new bulkier opaque ones.

I highly recommend picking up a $2 trial sized tub (I get mine at Target) to see if this stuff works for you. What do you have to lose (besides $2)?