April 19, 2014 | 869 users online

Treatments - Suave - Keratin Infusion Treatment 30 Day Smoothing Kit ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by VDuren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Christiansen Davis Bullock, LLC is a Dallas law firm which has filed a suit on behalf of consumer’s injured by Suave’s Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit seeking damages for personal injuries to consumers by this product. As detailed in the Complaint, the product caused the women severe and possibly permanent damage to their hair, including hair loss to the point of visible bald spots, severe breakage, discoloration and even burning of the scalp. The Complaint also states that this product claimed to be Keratin-based and formaldehyde free, suggesting to consumers it was free of dangerous chemicals. CDB understands that, in fact, the product's primary active ingredient is a chemical that straightens and damages hair. What little Keratin the product contains has little to do with the product’s efficacy. The product also uses a formaldehyde releasing compound despite its claim to be formaldehyde free.
    If you have purchased any of the Products and/or are unsatisfied with the advertised results, we would like to visit with you as part of our investigation. Please contact to let us know by visiting our website at http://cdbfirm.com/class-action-suave-professionals-keratin-infusion-30-day-smoothing-kit/.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! Your hair will fall out and melt off. I'm not kidding. Search google : this company is being sued for completely ruining people's hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by kellybaybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

since it was new, I thought I would try it given the packaging was totaly adorable but this stuff is horrible! my hair is thick, long, and wavy and this left the roots oily and made my hair fall more than usual! I can honestly say any shampoo usually works on my lion mane but this is horrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by pinktoilet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I have biracial hair (very kinky and curly) and I have tried many treatments throughout my life at home and in salons and they all have not lived up to their claims. I bought this on a whim being only $11 and thought why not? I followed the box and bought the shampoo and conditioner as well. The product STINKS!! But, my hair dries almost pin straight when I usually spend +2 hours drying and straightening my medium length hair. Would definitely get again!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Busydsweetness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly hair and wanted to take some of the frizz out. It straightened my hair quite a bit more than i thought it would and now i have no idea what to do with it! I got a haircut today and my stylist recommended Kerastase products to repair some of the damage. She cut off 2 inches. I wont use it again but i should have researched it more so i do take responsibility.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Cristy_amk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm disappointed in those reviewing this without having actually tried it. I have very thick, curly, but not kinky hair. I followed the directions to a T and am pleased with the results. I was a little scared because the first part of the treatment was a bit drying on the hair, but again I followed the directions keeping the hair straight at all times, applying the product thoroughly, and brushing periodically. Second treatment is the cuticle seal cream and there is a TON of product but I used every bit of it and completely saturated my hair with it. Lastly you apply the leave in conditioner. My hair went from completely curly to a just a slight wave. I very easily finished smoothing it out with a light blow out. I had no hair loss and my hair feels very smooth. Very pleased and I will buy again. I do caution though, if you have ANY doubts about using it then DON'T or consult your hairstylist for guidance. This is not a miracle product but worked well for me.

***UPDATE*** I still stand by my original posting. I did want to let others know that my hair did go back to curly again, though the curl pattern is not as strong (I was a strong 3A before and I'm more of a 2B/2C). I don't really regret using this product, however, I lost interest in straightening my hair just a couple of months after applying the product. I'd just like to caution anyone....once you put something like this in your hair there is pretty much no going back. Sure, you can do more damaged and perm your hair but who would want to apply so much damage to their hair? I was lucky that I gained most of my curl pattern back and do not have that funky in between look. I think I'd say to anyone that instead of purchasing a product like this, just flat iron your hair (do it responsibly and you can minimize damage). Sure flat ironing your hair can be a pain BUT at least you can eliminate any transitioning if you decide to go back to your original hair type.

Course this is all just my opinion! I just think anyone should think carefully before making a permanent decision based on a temporary whim :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by anonymousme1028

I'm pretty disappointed with this. It does thin your hair a LOT, which can be good or bad, depending on your viewpoint. I don't mind, because I had a good amount of hair to begin with. My hair isn't even naturally curly- just wavy. I don't hate my wavy hair or anything like that, I just wanted to try something different. My hair straightened really easily immediately after, but that was about it. I waited the recommended 48 hours before washing my hair, and it's still not straight. It's straightER, I'll give it that, but not enough to qualify as straight.
    The only reason I didn't give it a 1/5 is because my hair seems softer now. But not enough to compensate for the amount of time and hair loss it took.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by misssweetmarie

I am surprised to read the poor reviews on this product. I've tried many Keratin-type 'smoothing' treatments and this was the best result and for the least amount of money. Remarkable really. I am caucasion with blonde thick, hair - past my shoulders; which tends toward frizzy. My hair texture varies from fine to medium - a real bugger at times to deal with. Great result. I suspect one of the issues is with the first phase of treatment - it has the potential to really tangle the hair up when rinsed out but the follow up treatment is very moisturizing. You need to follow the directions for proper timing and err on the side of caution especially if you have fine or more sensitive hair.

Edited to add - this is really not a keratin treatment - it's really a straightening product and caution is advised.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

okay reallyy .... use common sense people, a SUAVE RELAXER -____- really NO do not use this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by denisefrutos

PLEASE BE WARNED THIS IS A RELAXER
    smoothing my ass it is straight up a relaxer and not a good one at that It burned 7 inches of my hair off :( good thing I didn't brush it at the root or else I would be bald right now... PLEASE STAY FAR FAR AWAY

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No