April 24, 2014 | 2039 users online

Eye Shadow - By Terry - Ombre Blackstar Bronze Moon #4

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by jilliciouscosmetics

I'm addicted to these shadow sticks. They blow every other formula I've tried out of the water. They last all day (even in the water line) without a primer or powder on top. Bronze Moon is on the sparkly side but not much more than Maybelline's "On and On Bronze"/"Bad to the Bronze". It feels weightless and glides on like butter. If I want a more opaque look I find it works best to build it up in thinly blended out layers. I apply it from the pen and blend with my fingers or a synthetic brush. While I wish the price was lower-- it's worth what I've paid for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by bambambambi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has such an incredibly luxurious feel... The buttery texture of the Ombre Blackstar eyeshadows ensures they are comfortable to wear; you hardly notice them once they set. The lasting power is truly extraordinary, do ensure you have a quality makeup remover up your sleeve for removal.
As for the colour Bronze Moon, I am in love. This pure bronze is what I was looking for in all my bronze powder eyeshadows but could never quite build up/layer enough to get that solid opaque look. Use with a darker shadow in the crease for killer nighttime eyes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Be forewarned- these Ombre Blackstars wear like iron. I swatched it on my hand and allowed it to dry. I then scrubbed it with my normal facial cleanser. It would not budge. I just stepped into work twelve hours later and I can still see half of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by twocentsworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product! The pencil makes it easy to apply and in 10-20 seconds I can have perfect looking smoky eyes. The cream goes on smoothly and can be blended somewhat in the first minute or so. You do have to work quite quickly because once it sets it is difficult to budge. I have had it on for 10 hours and counting and there are no creases and the colour is exactly as it was when I first put it on.

The colour 'Bronze Moon' looks a little scary in the tube but is actually quite sheer when applied so you can build the colour if you want to. It has some sparkle - enough to give a 'glow' or metallic sheen but I wouldn't describe it as glittery. As you would expect the bronze colour is a warm tone and suits me perfectly with my fair skin/green eyes/dark blonde hair combo.

The packaging is simple and elegant and I like the wind up pencil. They come in a limited range of shades - mostly neutrals. The only downside is that this product is expensive! These sell for $70 a pop at Mecca which as far as I know is the only place it is available in Australia. The best deal I found online was Strawberrynet - $37 each. Even at $37 it is still expensive for 1 shade of eyeshadow. Hopefully it will last a long time :/ In spite of the price I would probably get suckered into getting these again considering how easy they are to use and how simple they make my makeup routine. To be honest, if strawberrynet has them in stock again I'll probably buy more shades.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No