October 22, 2014 | 1950 users online

Eye Shadow - By Terry - Ombre Blackstar Bronze Moon #4

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by cataldof57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased 8 of the colors in this line - two that I purchased, Bronze Moon and Brown Perfection have fallen apart - shortly after purchase. When I open the cap, the stick of eyeshadow flies out of the end and makes a greasy mess wherever it hits. I called Barneys in Chicago to tell them about this and the salesperson told me the no one has ever complained about that before and that I should contact the company in France. I sent an email about a month ago and just got an email back today telling me to return to Barney w/ receipt. I told her I did not keep the receipt and that Barneys was telling me to go to the company. I even attached photos of the broken pencils. I definitely don't think these are worth the money - Laura Merciers crayons are much better - they stay on better and the applicators don't break. Not buying any more from this company! I have to add that the color I bought at BeautyBar.com was replaced pleasantly and without question - not Barneys! I called the manager at the Chicago store and explained how rudely I was treated and he said he would replace the item if I came by the store. I told him that to drive downtown and park is more expensive than the pencil - he agreed to do a product pick-up by UPS and replace when he gets the product. Now I have to take the day off to be home for the UPS pick-up - if you insist on buying this brand, buy from Amazon, Bloomingdales or beauty bar.com - Barneys customer service is terrible!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by jas22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If I could only have one Ombre Blackstar, this would be it. This is my go-to eye shadow as itís easy to create both office-friendly and nighttime looks. Itís a bronze/shimmery creamy stick shadow that sets quickly upon application so I apply to one eye and blend before moving on to the second. For an everyday look I apply primer, then a base powder shadow (which helps Bronze Moon go on smoothly), then swipe Bronze Moon on my lid and use a MAC 239 brush to blend the shadow on the lid and push it into the crease. I then go back and apply more product where necessary and blend it out with a MAC 217 brush. Once itís in place, it wonít budge or crease all day! If I have more time or want to create a darker eye, Iíll use another Ombre Blackstar (I love using Velvet Orchid in the outer part of my lid with Blond Opal on the inner corner) or powder shadow on top of Bronze Moon since it plays well with other products. I also love using this as a liner on my lower lids, either applied directly from the stick or with an eyeliner brush for precision. It doesnít smudge, flake or drift.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by jilliciouscosmetics

I'm addicted to these shadow sticks. They blow every other formula I've tried out of the water. They last all day (even in the water line) without a primer or powder on top. Bronze Moon is on the sparkly side but not much more than Maybelline's "On and On Bronze"/"Bad to the Bronze". It feels weightless and glides on like butter. If I want a more opaque look I find it works best to build it up in thinly blended out layers. I apply it from the pen and blend with my fingers or a synthetic brush. While I wish the price was lower-- it's worth what I've paid for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by bambambambi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has such an incredibly luxurious feel... The buttery texture of the Ombre Blackstar eyeshadows ensures they are comfortable to wear; you hardly notice them once they set. The lasting power is truly extraordinary, do ensure you have a quality makeup remover up your sleeve for removal.
As for the colour Bronze Moon, I am in love. This pure bronze is what I was looking for in all my bronze powder eyeshadows but could never quite build up/layer enough to get that solid opaque look. Use with a darker shadow in the crease for killer nighttime eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by twocentsworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product! The pencil makes it easy to apply and in 10-20 seconds I can have perfect looking smoky eyes. The cream goes on smoothly and can be blended somewhat in the first minute or so. You do have to work quite quickly because once it sets it is difficult to budge. I have had it on for 10 hours and counting and there are no creases and the colour is exactly as it was when I first put it on.

The colour 'Bronze Moon' looks a little scary in the tube but is actually quite sheer when applied so you can build the colour if you want to. It has some sparkle - enough to give a 'glow' or metallic sheen but I wouldn't describe it as glittery. As you would expect the bronze colour is a warm tone and suits me perfectly with my fair skin/green eyes/dark blonde hair combo.

The packaging is simple and elegant and I like the wind up pencil. They come in a limited range of shades - mostly neutrals. The only downside is that this product is expensive! These sell for $70 a pop at Mecca which as far as I know is the only place it is available in Australia. The best deal I found online was Strawberrynet - $37 each. Even at $37 it is still expensive for 1 shade of eyeshadow. Hopefully it will last a long time :/ In spite of the price I would probably get suckered into getting these again considering how easy they are to use and how simple they make my makeup routine. To be honest, if strawberrynet has them in stock again I'll probably buy more shades.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No