September 30, 2014 | 1343 users online

Lipstick - Shiseido - Shimmering Rouge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

I bought BE303 (Ingenue) and here's what I love:
- MLBB color (pink base with a tinge of brownish color)
- soooo moisturizing!! (I have overly sensitive lips, so the majority of lipsticks, lipglosses, and even lip balms are drying and cause major flaking/peeling)
- sleek, slim tube
- seems to make my lips look fuller (but could be the shimmer creating an optical illusion)

Here's what I dislike:
- too shimmery/shiny (if I overapply, can look frosty)
- doesn't last very long (1 hour without eating/drinking)
- pricey ($25) and I think I'll go through it pretty quickly

I rarely wear lipstick, but having this makes me wear it more often. I would definitely purchase again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received samples of a bunch of colors from this line of glosses/lipsticks. (They're kinda sheer like a gloss but more creamy like a lipstick).
The colors are really great. They look much more vibrant than they actually appear when they're on your lips...which means you can wear pretty much any color without it looking harsh or clown-like.
The big, big downfall though is they are incredibly drying. I have never used a lipgloss, lipstick or anything as drying as these, besides the "matte" lipsticks. They are anything but moisturizing. I find after wearing them for a couple of weeks without using a different brand, my lips are looking pruney and there's a serious problem with lines. I exfoliate, and use a plumper underneath religiously, but nothing makes these things any better.
Again on the positive though, the colors are simply phenomenal and I found one that I adore as "my color" now.
But the way they dry my lips out so badly makes me think I will never buy an actual full-size tube of it. It's a shame because the colors are all just amazing! But I don't think any color looks great on prune lips, so I'll pass on this product....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Most of the Shimmering Rouge shades are creamy/semi sheer, and have an attractive fine shimmer-sheen finish that do actually make lips look slightly fuller. A crazy few though have crazy chunky glitter bits so if you are one of those people who find glitter in lip products irritating it might pay to investigate the samples first. As for the texture, while they FEEL smooth and balm-like, they aren't actually very moisturising in reality. After using my Shimmering Rouge, my lips feel very dry, tight, and a little tender and uncomfortable. Its not to the point of looking peeled or chapped at all, just slightly uncomfortable feeling, which left me disappointed as I expected more for the price. I love the silky sleek packaging and the shade I purchased, so I will use it up, but I will not repurchase as I feel there are better formulas out there that will leave my lips feeling in better condition after use.

Some of the colors:
RD320 - softly metallic peachy soft red with gold shimmer. A wearable go-to shade if you suit warm shades.
BR317 - lightly tanned orange tan gold shimmer. It gives a vintage old sepia photo vibe. It feels smooth, but maybe too slippery. Didn't apply evenly, wore off the centre of my lip in less than an hour.
OR316 - slightly caramelised orangeade with fine gold shimmer that makes blue eyes pop. Needs lipliner or it looks uneven.
PK415 - looks bubblegum pink in the tube but on lips its a pale lavender pink with a finer silvery sheen. It looks a bit pasty if its piled on too thick, but its smooths meltingly over lips with a little blending. Compliments light colored irises, especially blue and green eyes!
PK214 - pale baby pink with silver glitter but looks like white goop and silver craft glitter on my lips. A horrid color for warm skin tones The chunky glitter felt so gritty and looked gross when when it collected in my liplines.
Another RS shade I forget the number was a plum shade with chunky BLUE glitter! All the glitter pieces migrated everywhere over my face and looked so ridiculous.