December 17, 2014 | 1703 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Diamond Flash Fast Dry Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by MsLara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This top coat is by far the best I have ever used and I spend a lot of money on my nails.
I recently transitioned from acrylic to shellac then stopped using shellac and gels and got regular manicures. Originally I bout this top coat to preserve my salon manicures. I saw it made my manicures last 8 days without chipping after a reapplication on the fourth day. I now bought a nail polish from the dollar store and it has lasted just as long. People need to understand that the Base Coat Nail polish is an important factor in chipping. If the base coat sucks in adhering to the nail and color polish then there is no top coat that can keep it on. Nail polish chips from the bottom up people.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by jw007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Sally Hansen... with the exception of this dimond flash top coat. Disappointed! I used SH double duty top and base coat underneath, SH french manicure then 2 coats of this SH diamond flash. Would be lucky to get 2 days wear out my manicure before it is very chipped and needs redoing. Brought this product for strength and shine but im going to return this item for an exchange and get more double duty because I use my hands a lot with work and cleaning around the house and this product just doesn't meet expectations at all :( Wouldn't recommend this product. Stick to double duty base and top coat

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by cutenaildezigns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This top coat is a very good drugstore solution if you are looking for a quick drying and high shine top coat that isn't overly priced. I find that, for me, this top coat doesn't seem to last by itself. I usually wear polish for about two days and wearing this top coat by itself with a color, it has minor chips within 24 hours. I'm not sure whether that's just me or whether I'm applying it wrong... But I love this top coat over OPI's regular top coat. My mani lasts at least 4-5 days (I don't keep my polish on long enough to be able to tell you how long it takes to actually chip) with no to minimal tip wear. I love the fast drying of this top coat, whilst it may not dry as fast as other alternatives such as Seche Vite and HK Girl, it does dry to the touch in around 60 seconds as it claims. I would say it takes around another 5-10mins for it to be completely dry.The shine is amazing, I've had so many compliments when I wear this on top of my manis. I don't really like the packaging as you can't see how much is left, but it does look appealing.
It's definitely a go to top coat if you're looking for something that doesn't have a huge price tag attached.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this top coat. It goes on fairly thin and spreads easily and uniformly, and my nails are dry to the touch in about a minute. I usually keep manicures about 5 days because my nails tend to dry out if I keep them polished longer than that without a break. The shine of this is perfect from the time I apply it until I take it off, and it doesn't chip - at least, not in the 5 days that I wear it. I can't speak for how well it might last if you keep your manicure longer than that. It would be nice if the bottle were transparent. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by elzix93

Pros
1. Thumbs up for the beautiful packaging! Really, it's one of the aspects you will consider when buying a top coat nail polish and you will go for this one.
2. The shine they are promising will be there, but will last for maybe 2 days. Because I use facial products that contain alcohol the nail polish loses the shiny look even faster.
3. I've been using the top coat for almost 3 months now and it is still fresh and it hasn't become difficult to apply it.
4. Dries really fast!

Cons
1. The shiny effect goes away after a while.
2. I read many reviews that say that the nail polish will last for a week or more. Maybe there's something wrong with my nails, because they start to chip after 2 days or even less. This top coat clearly hates water, because it chips even after washing my hair.

In overall - the price is acceptable and it is a decent top coat if you don't have to be in touch with water.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by INEM

I really like this product. It makes my manicure last longer and doesn't chip that easily. The best thing, it also dries my nails almost instantly which is brilliant as i dont have the patience sitting around, waiting for it to dry. The product also smooths out my manicure and gives it a nice shine. For the price, i'll definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by KelsySJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't use the word "miracle" often, so trust me when I say this is a miracle product. Goes on smooth with a great, soft brush and LASTS. It takes a lot to chip this top coat, e.g. at least a week plus some manual labour. Dries quickly, high gloss, and stays in great shape. If you're like me and you've been disappointed with top coats in the past, I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by vic21

I really like this! Gives a brilliant shine, I've been asked on several occasions whilst wearing this if I had gels on. Would prefer a thicker brush though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by cavo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good topcoat. Lots of shine, fast drying, inexpensive, so far does not induce chipping, and thin, easy application. What else do I want in a topcoat? Perfect! Will repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this bottle for quite awhile along with several other topcoats...yet this is the one I tend to reach for. I like it because it does a pretty good job of keeping my nail polish on longer, has great shine, and dries super fast. I don't have too many problems with bubbling, although it does happen from time to time. The scent is not off-putting, and tends to go away quickly once the topcoat dries. The formula is a little thin,though, which may be how it works to be so fast drying, but I think it could be better at protecting against chips if the formula were a bit thicker. I don't particularly like the packaging because it's hard to tell how much remains in the bottle, even if I hold it up to the light. Even for as long as I've had this, though, it hasn't thickened up in the bottle or become unusable. I can't remember how much I paid for this, but I think it sells for around $5.99 or so at CVS. If not, close enough. I would probably repurchase this when the bottle runs out.