August 27, 2014 | 1850 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Diamond Flash Fast Dry Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this top coat. It goes on fairly thin and spreads easily and uniformly, and my nails are dry to the touch in about a minute. I usually keep manicures about 5 days because my nails tend to dry out if I keep them polished longer than that without a break. The shine of this is perfect from the time I apply it until I take it off, and it doesn't chip - at least, not in the 5 days that I wear it. I can't speak for how well it might last if you keep your manicure longer than that. It would be nice if the bottle were transparent. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by elzix93

Pros
1. Thumbs up for the beautiful packaging! Really, it's one of the aspects you will consider when buying a top coat nail polish and you will go for this one.
2. The shine they are promising will be there, but will last for maybe 2 days. Because I use facial products that contain alcohol the nail polish loses the shiny look even faster.
3. I've been using the top coat for almost 3 months now and it is still fresh and it hasn't become difficult to apply it.
4. Dries really fast!

Cons
1. The shiny effect goes away after a while.
2. I read many reviews that say that the nail polish will last for a week or more. Maybe there's something wrong with my nails, because they start to chip after 2 days or even less. This top coat clearly hates water, because it chips even after washing my hair.

In overall - the price is acceptable and it is a decent top coat if you don't have to be in touch with water.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by INEM

I really like this product. It makes my manicure last longer and doesn't chip that easily. The best thing, it also dries my nails almost instantly which is brilliant as i dont have the patience sitting around, waiting for it to dry. The product also smooths out my manicure and gives it a nice shine. For the price, i'll definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by KelsySJ

I don't use the word "miracle" often, so trust me when I say this is a miracle product. Goes on smooth with a great, soft brush and LASTS. It takes a lot to chip this top coat, e.g. at least a week plus some manual labour. Dries quickly, high gloss, and stays in great shape. If you're like me and you've been disappointed with top coats in the past, I highly recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by vic21

I really like this! Gives a brilliant shine, I've been asked on several occasions whilst wearing this if I had gels on. Would prefer a thicker brush though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by cavo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very good topcoat. Lots of shine, fast drying, inexpensive, so far does not induce chipping, and thin, easy application. What else do I want in a topcoat? Perfect! Will repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this bottle for quite awhile along with several other topcoats...yet this is the one I tend to reach for. I like it because it does a pretty good job of keeping my nail polish on longer, has great shine, and dries super fast. I don't have too many problems with bubbling, although it does happen from time to time. The scent is not off-putting, and tends to go away quickly once the topcoat dries. The formula is a little thin,though, which may be how it works to be so fast drying, but I think it could be better at protecting against chips if the formula were a bit thicker. I don't particularly like the packaging because it's hard to tell how much remains in the bottle, even if I hold it up to the light. Even for as long as I've had this, though, it hasn't thickened up in the bottle or become unusable. I can't remember how much I paid for this, but I think it sells for around $5.99 or so at CVS. If not, close enough. I would probably repurchase this when the bottle runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this instead of my usual seche vite/opi radpidry, because the name 'diamond flash' totally stole the show for me. I like my seche vite enough I suppose, long lasting and good chip resistant qualities, but my nails always looked dull and dirty after 3ish days. I wanted a top coat that dries fast, and remained shiny so I decided to give this a try.

PROS:
- Diamond, it is. My nails remained quite shiny, until I decided to take this off. The finish does an excellent job at making my nail colour look so much better and fresher
- Dries fast! Faster than my seche vite and opi rapidry too, so convenient.

CONS:
- Is not long lasting, AT ALL. I'm not exactly very graceful, and my nail colour tends to chip pretty fast (around the 3rd-4th day) but with this top coat, I'm guaranteed a big old chip by the 2nd day (or even the 1st, depending on my activities). I even tried putting on 2 layers of this (why not, since it dries so fast) for a more resistant top coat, but no difference, still chipped.
- Glamorous looking packaging, but the solid black bottle makes it really hard to see the amount left.

If I could give it a 2.5 rating, I would. Price is not bad, it's around the price range I am willing to pay for a top coat. I suppose this top coat is good enough for me to want to use it til it's finished, but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by mimilouise

Felt sufficiently dissatisfied with this to sign up here and have a rant.

Have used it three times and it's getting worse with each application. Starting out with an application it's ok, but by the time you get to your second hand it's bubbling and making weird streaks - it seems to actually make dry polish gooey again instead of drying it.

Also appears to react worse with some nail-polishes than others...my Sally Hansen metallics polish works fine with it but it pretty much destroys my revlon one unless you can do it in one single swipe, which I can't.

I'm going to give it to a friend and see if i'm just applying it poorly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by humbledaisy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I try really hard not to buy cosmetic things unless it's replacing something I ran out of, but after being frustrated by how long my mani- and pedicures were taking me, I figured I had a problem, the problem being that my top coat was too old and gummy. So I came here first and looked at what I could get down the street at one of the drug stores. I picked this up, and I am so glad. It really does dry quickly compared to my old product. I have used it four times now and have not noticed any chipping, just regular wear around the ends. It is a relief to not wait around for hours for my nails to dry. I just wish I'd thrown out the old stuff sooner. As for packaging, of course, it's in a nail polish bottle, but it's a black one, which makes it easier to find amongst the others on the shelves!