Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) Fade Peel

3.7

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Okay I need some help I have been using this Fade peel for three weeks everybody keeps saying their face is peeling with this stuff my face has not peeled at all. I am leaving it on for 5 minutes and rinsing it off but I have no peeling at all Am I doing something wrong.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Background: I have sensitive, dry skin prone to atopic dermatitis. I am also acne-prone, so I do have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation and icepick scars. I've been using 10-12% AHAs every other day in conjunction with my Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid twice daily for 2 years. The only other peel I've tried is the MUAC 40% Lactic Acid peel which I love, but I wanted to use something else that gave me faster results. Plus, my neck is very dark compared to the rest of my body which makes foundation matching very annoying. I picked this peel also because there is no alcohol in it, which makes my sensitive skin very irritated and angry.

Yes, this peel is A LOT more intense compared to the 40% Lactic Acid. It does sting more intensely and you have to be super careful to not go over the recommended 5 minutes. I learned it the hard way; I didn't read the instructions carefully enough so the first time I used it, I left it in for 7 minutes because that's how long I do it for the lactic acid peel. Needless to say, it actually burned through my skin and scabbed, yikes. So do be very careful with this stuff. I however did not get any sort of frosting with this, probably because I slather a lot of Aquaphor all over my face during the night.

As for the actual effects, the Fade Peel definitely does a better job at evening overall skintone, getting rid of those pesky closed comedones and smoothing out any skin texture. However, I found the lactic acid peel to be better at lightening up hyperpigmentation by just a slim margin. Note that the lactic acid peels are considerably more expensive compared to the Fade Peel.

Overall I really like this product. This is definitely not something for noobies to try out but this product is fabulous if you've already experimented with other single ingredient peels. Highly recommend.

I have used this peel for about 6 months. I have interchanged it with some other peels from MUAC (15% TCA, 55% Lactic Acid, and some glycolics from Paula's Choice). This product must be used consistently or it wont work. And you need to continue using it, or some similar type of peel, to maintain results.

I have pigmentation due to acne and sun on my jaw line. This product helped a noticeable amount, but reverted when I stopped using it. I will continue to use it more consistently.

Good price point, good product.

This review is based on daily use of MUAC's Fade Serum and weekly use of MUAC's Fade Peel for 4 weeks.

Like everyone else, I noticed immediate results. All the blackheads, oil and dirt were pushed to the surface, allowing me to remove them easily and painlessly with a micro polish. I've never had such clean and fine pores, not even during my teenage years.

I did experience a small breakout initially. But this went away and didn't happen away.

The chicken pock scars on my forehead - two large round craters - also started to smoothen out and become less deep.

On my pigmentation, the results were less obvious. The recent acne marks went down quite quickly. But the sun spot I've had for several years became darker. But I think it got better. This is because I realise my sun spot has both red pigments (surface damage) and grey pigments (deeper damage). The red pigments can be covered with makeup, while the grey pigments cannot. Despite the sun spot becoming darker (redder), I now find it easier for me to conceal it with makeup because the grey pigments seemed to have gone down.

It remains to be seen whether my sun spot can be totally removed. I will report back in 2-3 months.

This is MUAC's strongest weekly peel. It has glycolic, lactic, kojic and malic acids. It is recommended for people with sun damage or hyperpigmentation. I had previously use the 25% Mandelic acid peel, but I wanted to step it up a bit. I use this peel weekly and then every six weeks, I do a 12.5% TCA. Between the two, I can say my brown spots and freckles have completely disappeared. Another MUAC winner!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great peel! It is thicker than the other peels I have used (mandelic/salacylic & mandelic 25%), it tingles a little bit, but I think it really does work amazing, I can see a noticeable difference in the hyper pigmentation on my face, I rotate this peel with my other ones, but I have been noticing my skin tone evening out a LOT, and I have been using this for nine months. This, depending on how much I put on , does cause my nose to flake a little occasionally. It is a deeper peel and did make me break out a little the very first time I used it, but I expected this, it hasn't done so after the first time though!! :)
It smells okay, I don't notice the smell at all, it not strong.
Even after 9 months, I have a lot of product left, a little goes a long way, this stuff is great, definitely would re-purchase!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

After having great success with MUAC's mandelic acid (25%) peel, I was like, OK, READY FOR THE BIG GUNS. I ordered up a sample size of the fade peel, and here I am, three weeks and three peels later, with skin worse off than before I used it.

With the mandelic acid, I was noticing my hyperpigmentation marks (on my cheeks, from acne) beginning to fade, and I wasn't breaking out in those areas. Three peels in to my fade peel experiment, the marks look redder; I'm breaking out almost consistently; and now, I'm also getting breakouts along my chin line that are even a little bit itchy.

But hey, you don't know until you try, right? I'm going to let my skin "recover" (let the breakouts start to calm down... they always flare up right after I used this peel; let the flaking go away) and then go back to the Mandelic Acid.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have only used the peel one time April 7th that's why I only gave it 3 lipsticks.

Even though this is a light peel, my skin did still peel around my mouth only. My skin appeared to be brighter, but not as much as a glow I have after applying my Lactic Acid 65%

I will continue to switch btw this peel with Lactic Acid bi weekly.

If your skin has miner imperfections and you may just want to do spot treatment, this peel will be great for you.

I've been slowly working my way through the MUAC fade, peel and exfoliation products for about 6 months now and carefully tracking the results of each. The Fade Peel was next on my list and I bought a sample (1 dram) several weeks ago to address a specific patch of skin under my chin that has a "mask" of hyperpigmentation that just won't leave.

The Fade Peel is gentle - if you use it as directed. My skin is sensitive, aging,acne prone which is a tough combination to treat. I needed a product that I can use to spot treat (this is why MUAC samples are so great - you can save a lot of money just buying small amounts for different areas of the face) this particular patch without further irritating or even clogging the area and making it worse.

I'm always amused to read that people who have tried the peel and have reported that the peel irritated their skin, etc. when the MUAC direction cards that they include in the orders clearly lay out how each product is to be used. This is not including those who have a genuine reaction based on sensitivity. Yes, it is tempting to leave a product on longer than usual or apply more, but I just can't risk that so I did the patch test and when all went well I started the process.

This is not an overnight miracle product. I did see clearer pores and smoother skin right away but it was only after a series of peels (once a week) that I saw a cumulative effect that was pretty exciting. I'm now almost 100% clear on my chin area with only a pencil eraser sized spot left that is being a little more stubborn to treat. I feel confident that I can get rid of this one patch if I keep up the weekly peels.

Overall MUAC products are excellent and well priced below commercial brands. Best of all if you take the time to really read the MUAC site, they explain every product in minute detail, including the fact that most major skin care brands are using only a very small percentage of the active ingredients whcih is why it takes so long to see results at the retail level.

I followed the directions to the letter and can now leave the peel on for a full 5 minutes, rinse well, apply a serum and then a few drops of Argan Oil as directed. I have never been happier and it cost me only a few dollars to get the results I wanted. Yay MUAC!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this to lighten some discoloration i have around my mouth (around the smile lines and below lip). I've had this from probably since puberty so I think it's hormonal. I applied the peel only to the dark areas with a q-tip. I do think it has improved it. I wish I had taken pictures before to make sure it's not just my imagination. I will continue to use it and will update if the discoloration gets any better or goes away completely.

Note: If you put this on and it stings, first you need to make sure you didn't use a cleanser with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide as the instructions suggest. If you used a normal cleanser and still get burning/stinging, wash it off right away! You are probably allergic to one of the ingredients. I received no stinging whatsoever using this peel. Read the instructions people!

Top Rated Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) Products