April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Treatments - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - Fade Peel

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mishamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only used the peel one time April 7th that's why I only gave it 3 lipsticks.

Even though this is a light peel, my skin did still peel around my mouth only. My skin appeared to be brighter, but not as much as a glow I have after applying my Lactic Acid 65%

I will continue to switch btw this peel with Lactic Acid bi weekly.

If your skin has miner imperfections and you may just want to do spot treatment, this peel will be great for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been slowly working my way through the MUAC fade, peel and exfoliation products for about 6 months now and carefully tracking the results of each. The Fade Peel was next on my list and I bought a sample (1 dram) several weeks ago to address a specific patch of skin under my chin that has a "mask" of hyperpigmentation that just won't leave.

The Fade Peel is gentle - if you use it as directed. My skin is sensitive, aging,acne prone which is a tough combination to treat. I needed a product that I can use to spot treat (this is why MUAC samples are so great - you can save a lot of money just buying small amounts for different areas of the face) this particular patch without further irritating or even clogging the area and making it worse.

I'm always amused to read that people who have tried the peel and have reported that the peel irritated their skin, etc. when the MUAC direction cards that they include in the orders clearly lay out how each product is to be used. Yes, it is tempting to leave a product on longer than usual or apply more, but I just can't risk that so I did the patch test and when all went well I started the process.

THis is not an overnight miracle product. I did see clearer pores and smoother skin right away but it was only after a series of peels (once a week) that I saw a cumulative effect that was pretty exciting. I'm now almost 100% clear on my chin area with only a pencil eraser sized spot left that is being a little mores stubborn to respond to. Best of all if you take the time to really read the MUAC site, they explain every product in minute detail including the fact that most major skin care brands are using only a very small percentage of the active ingredients whcih is why it takes so long to see results at the retail level.

I follow the directions to the letter, lcan now leave the peel on for a full 5 minutes, rinse well, apply a serum and then a few drops of Argan Oil as directed. I have never been happier and it cost me only a few dollars to get the results I wanted.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by supergal197

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to lighten some discoloration i have around my mouth (around the smile lines and below lip). I've had this from probably since puberty so I think it's hormonal. I applied the peel only to the dark areas with a q-tip. I do think it has improved it. I wish I had taken pictures before to make sure it's not just my imagination. I will continue to use it and will update if the discoloration gets any better or goes away completely.

Note: If you put this on and it stings, first you need to make sure you didn't use a cleanser with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide as the instructions suggest. If you used a normal cleanser and still get burning/stinging, wash it off right away! You are probably allergic to one of the ingredients. I received no stinging whatsoever using this peel. Read the instructions people!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by toya77

I am African-American and on the medium to dark end of our color spectrum. I recently started to use this product and am VERY dissappointed. It burns, tingles, stings and on top of that instead of fading my few dark spots it actually made them worse. Stick with the lower peels from MUAC like the 8%, this is a sneaky product that has destroyed all of the wonderful results that I had acheived:( No bueno ladies..Beware!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Three days later and I actually have to change my review. First of all I peeled like a frigging snake- chin, nose and area between my brows was FUGLY! Then I went to sleep and woke up and noticed that my dark spots were kind of crusty like they were literally about to fall off. Well I woke up this morning and gave my face a good micropolish (from MUAC) and to my surprise the few dark spots that I had were significantly lighter (like 60-70%) my skin has a soft glow and it feels silky (although I'm still peeling in a few spots). So from one lippie to four in three days....successful is you ask me. I am going to do another fade peel nx friday and I will keep you all posted:) Stay pretty!!!! P.s the sample of this product was like $2.50 so it was well worth it!!! I,m guessing that like three to four peels!!!!!!!!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by jsamaniego

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have done six or seven glycolic peels already with mild success, but I bought a sample size of the fade peel to get rid of acne scars. I used the peel three times, following the directions given. Each time I noticed that for a day or two after the peel, the pores on my chin would expel sebum from where pimples were probably about to erupt (yay)! However, I also noticed a lot of fine bumps arise on my chin that took several days to go away. (Boo!) I also seemed to break out more than usual while using this. I only rated this 2 lippies. Other MUAC peels have worked for me, but not this one. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by jengun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the sample size of this product and highly recommend doing the same to see if it works for you. The sample bottle was enough for me to do 4 peels.

Unfortunately for me, this peel just didn't seem to work. I left it on for 5 minutes each time, used the PH prep as directed and the only thing I got from the peel was intense stinging while on, itching for a few hours afterward, and none of the bright, glow that I usually get after a peel. I have several age spots and freckles that I was hoping to lighten, maybe if given more time, this peel would help, but for me, it just isn't worth the discomfort.

I have been doing professional strength home peels for years and have had great results, just not with this product. I still love MUAC though and am looking forward to trying their other peels.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by geektastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm acne-prone, and mostly bought this peel to help fade marks. I alternate usage with the 25% mandelic peel, since that is supposed to be good for acne. I have also used 30% glycolic and 40% lactic in the past, but not recently enough to fully compare their effects.

After I use this, I definitely notice an evenness and brightness to my skin, but largely in my non-pigmented areas. As for my acne scars, I do think it is fading my acne scars gradually, but I don't think I use it regularly enough to really judge that.

However, I mostly wanted to post a review to warn everyone - in my experience, at least - while for the other peels (mandelic, glycolic, lactic), my face would start to tingle or burn or even frost if the peel was getting to be a bit too much, I would feel NOTHING for this fade peel. I would apply, and no tingle, no frosting. Because of this, sometimes I left it on a minute or two too long, and when I washed it off, then it would start to burn and hurt. yikes.

Not sure what is different about this formulation that makes it do that! This could just be my experience, but I just want to warn everyone! Start with 2-3 minutes, and never exceed their recommended time... this one can sneak up on you!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lokid

I'm on the fence about this product. It seems to make my melasma darker??? Maybe I need to use it more, but hate too b/c of the darkening. Maybe it's bringing it to the surface?? Will update if I continue using. The sample size lasts a long time and is a great price.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Eh, I'm not impressed with this one so far. I've been using it every week for about 6 weeks or so and it doesn't seem to do much. I have very acne prone, oily skin with a lot of post acne scarring. It seems to make existing acne get darker for some reason. I find I get better results from the Mandellic Acid Peel and I can use that one twice a week.

I've been alternating between the two and I might continue to do that until I finish the sample size of this stuff. I also feel that it breaks me out every time I use it. I realize this should happen in the beginning as it pulls up toxins, but after 6 weeks? The Mandellic Acid peel helps get rid of the pimples that this stuff seems to bring up. And, as it brings up new pimples, I get new scarring and the cycle continues.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by 600pounds

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Chemical peel on and off for a few months now, graduating from lactic acid and gycolic acid peels. I haven't seen brightening effects or fading of residual dark spot. It seems to work temporarily, after I use it my skin seems more brighter but its short lived. But I haven't seen cumulative effects.

Because I am use to peels, it only stings slightly but dissipates quickly.

In my opinion, this is a weak peel.