April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Eye Shadow - L.A. Colors - 12 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Chic

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by mirandahoang97

It is only $1 so I didn't expect it to be soo good. It is really light and you have to apply primer and lots of it to get a good coverage. I usually use the natural color just for base. It's ok for $1

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Primpology

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up for .86 cents at Winco while grocery shopping and thought for the price what the heck.

I've only attempted to use this once and I wasn't in the mood to try anything new so taking that into account I tried out a few of the colors and they make me look like I was sick. Albeit I am...("pre-lupus") and of the reasons I'm so into make up. If I look good I'll feel better.

To be fair I'll try this again at a later date when I'm more inspired. The muted colors in the palette are very pretty.

How are others combining the colors in this palette for a winning look?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by sunnyonne1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use it to tweak other eyeshadows,from other brands. Use it to add color, tone down a dark shade, etc.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would say the quality of this is lacking, even when compared to the LA Colors "Traditional" palette--there's just not much pigment here. About 6 of the pans contain light dusty rose and lavender shades that are very similar, so you don't get much variety even with 12 pans. The compact also contains two ivory pans, a medium rose shade, a russet color, and the deep lavender lovingly described by a previous reviewer. I say I would buy this again because it's so cheap, but I wouldn't recommend it for others like me who already have plenty of eyeshadow! It would be good for someone just starting out with makeup, or for someone who left their makeup bag at home to pick up on a trip. For those who do already have plenty of mu and buy this anyway, you can use the lightly-pigmented shades to blend out darker colors. It's also handy to throw in your purse so you don't ruin your expensive stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Wow... I never thought I would be writing a glowing review on an eyeshadow palette that I bought for 90 cents at BigLots. All you stereotypers of cheap products, please hear me out- I am also one who questions anything that is either not world-renouned (is that how you spell it?) and ridiculously cheap. Honestly, I did not know what came over me to buy this product. In this palette of 12 EYESHADOWS, you get a wide variety of pinks, mauves, light purples, and even a brown. I love the pigmentation that these have!! Surprisingly, they are also very blendable and do not crease or fade, when used with primer. They are also nicely scented! My only issue is the initial fallout, when you first put them on, but other than that, these are absolutely incredible shadows for their price. And remember- 90 FREAKING CENTS!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by didicrump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The shadows have great pigmentation, but none of the colors really grasp my attention. They kinda remind me of Easter colors a little bit lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Amanda_Gilead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think these are pretty great eyeshadows for the price. Decent pigmentation and they last a decent amount of time. The thing I love most about this palette is that there is a dupe of a discontinued LORAC eyeshadow that was called Innocence. The color is in the far left bottom corner of the palette. It is a very beautiful lavenderish color. GORGEOUS!