Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (All Shades)

4.1

on 7/8/2015 5:22:00 AM

I have 4 of these stains - #11, #15, #27 and the new #203. I love them. Easily my favourite lippy formula because of its staying powder. It lasts through coffees, breakfast, water and lunch! Amazing. Perfect for a lazy girl like me. It feels a little odd on the lips to start with - tacky and sticky but the feeling wears off as the glossy shine disappears and leaves a lovely stain. Worth every penny and will definitely be adding more to my collection.

on 7/6/2015 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Worth the price.

I got mine in shade Coral Alla Prima (31), it's a reddish coral. The color will bring warmth and freshness for warm medium skintone. Since this is a hybrid of gloss and stain, you can't expect a pigmentation of a high-coverage lipstick. However, you can always build the intensity that will leave you with jelly-like glossy lips.

I used to apply them and immediately rubbed my lips together repeatedly (for no reason?). Once I read somewhere that it is best to leave them for a few minutes, I find it stays way longer - even the glossiness - even after drinking and smoking. It is very moisturising and the gloss doesn't feel sticky at all. Once the gloss disappears gradually, the stain is left for hours.

Beautiful, sleek and classy packaging, as expected from YSL. It has a synthetic fresh floral scent, I personally don't find it annoying.

I got no complain at all.

on 6/16/2015 1:20:00 AM

This is a review of the new Pop Water collection of glossy stains, with a little comparison compared to the original. I loved the original, except the fact that they were very drying on me, especially if I wear them for consecutive days. The new Pop Water version is much much better. The colours are amazing, they are very summer appropriate bright colours, each with a watery shiny finish without shimmer or crazy plastic shine. They are much more creamier now than before, and feels more like a liquid lipstick on the lips, whereas the original felt like a thin layer of plastic on the lips. They remove better too, and similar to the original, they leave a nice stain behind. I have the colours 206 Misty Pink and 207 Juicy Peach, both are very pigment, super smooth, and very hydrating. They also last all day as expected. I will post a video review of these, which include hand and lip swatches. If you are only interested in seeing the swatches, they are at 5:40. Hope this helps! :)

on 4/29/2015 11:39:00 AM

I love this stain so very much.

Color: Very pigmented, gorgeous, true to swatches. I have #7 (pink coral) and #43 (red). Perfect everyday colors! They can be applied sheer or built up, although more layers = more shine.

Application: Feels almost oily on the lips when applying. Not sticky at all. I have found the best way to get a stain that does not budge is to only apply a tiny bit on the center of my lower lip, and rub my lips together so it transfers. Then I scrape off the applicator on the side of the container so there is only a wisp of gloss left, and then fill in the rest of my lips. This way I can get a sheer coat of color that is more matte than shiny. Remember, with this gloss less is more!

Lasting Power: A good 6 hours. For me it lasts through light eating, and amazingly does not come off when you drink (ie you can avoid the coffee cup stain). Also does not transfer or bleed.

Packaging: It's smaller than you would expect; the packaging is light plastic which doesn't feel very high quality, but it's gorgeous nonetheless.

Cons:
I find that this stain completely dries out my lips. Although it doesn't dry out my lips when I am wearing it, at night after I remove my makeup my lips are left very tight and dry. This can be remedied by applying a thick layer of balm before I go to sleep, and I'll definitely keep using this stain, but it's something to consider if you have very dry or flaky lips.
Also when it fades (especially during a meal) it will leave a slight ring of color around your lips, which is something to be careful of.

on 4/27/2015 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super-dry and flaky lips so I was really hesitant to get this product at first since it was described as a stain and most stains are very drying. I was given a sample of it by YSL SA after purchasing a bunch of YSL products. I tried #7 in Corail Aquatique and wow...how pleasantly surprised I was to find that not only my lips was in the best shape ever, plump and smoothly hydrated (without any lip balm, serum, conditioner anything else underneath) but the stain also stayed put like almost all day on me. Now, not only that my lips appears almost flake-free but I no longer have to apply tons of balms or lip serum...

I was a huge fan of Dior Creme de Gloss and Lancome Lip Lover before, but now this YSL Glossy Stain is definitely my HG. Currently, I have 3 colors #5, #7, #105. Defly gonna get myself more colors! For those of you with problematic super-dry lips, don't wait any longer just go grab this asap.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My day to go gloss is not sticky and last the whole day!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It started with #107 Naughty Mauve and my collection has grown to include # 5, # 7, and # 9. I love these stains. They are long wearing, very customizable, beautiful colors and are moisturizing. Lip stains are usually the one item I stay away from because lips are dry. This did not dry my lips. My only complaint is that it will enhance any flakes, so it is best to exfoliate and moisturize lips before using this. The applicator is also a bit difficult to work with at first but once you get the hang of it, it will glide on smoothly. A great combo to try is Babydoll Kiss & Blush in # 6 with glossy stain #9. It makes lips look super glossy and intense.

on 11/1/2014 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Although its more of a stain than a gloss, I'm still in love with this product. It stays on and vibrant all day, which is essential for the brighter colors. Some shades don't have very much pigment, but I got it in bright red and its fabulous.

on 10/5/2014 8:16:00 AM

I really did not like this. My lips do not have much color in them. I got the No. 7. This did not add very much color, which is ok since I like non bold lips, but the feeling of this on my lips is horrible. Goopy. I just feel heavy product on my lips like I bought a super cheap lipstick. I prefer Guerlains kiss kiss lipstick, light weight and lasting and so pretty on the lips, this is the opposite of that.

on 9/20/2014 7:13:00 PM

I am a drugstore, coupon-clipping, sale-awaiting makeup addict all the way, so the fact that I have been able to justify spending more than $30 on one of these little tubes is a big deal. Like best-beauty-product-I-have-ever-used big deal. It glides on smoothly and evenly and shows HIGH pigmentation, which is what I was looking for (I have the shade Bruns Glace).

The sole reason why I will continue to spend a shameful amount of money on this product is the staying power. I've been searching for a deep, oxblood red lip color to wear on nights out for about a year now. I've found tons of beautiful hues, but they all end up clumpy or smudged or in a terrible-looking, uneven fade on my lips. If I have to worry about a product looking messy on me throughout the evening, it's not worth it, no matter how good it looks when I leave the house. YSL glossy stains stay put. Like nothing I've ever seen. By the end of the night there is the slightest fading (but only if I've been eating and drinking) and it is such an even fade to a pretty, subtler version of the color that it looks intentional. Every other lip color and liner I try fades to a horrifying tie dye mess, especially because my lips tend to get dry and chapped with any lip product, especially stains. No problem with drying here.

I don't trust any other lip color anymore. I keep buying them and returning them because it just doesn't feel worth it compared to this. All they need to do is consistently add to the color selection because I would gladly go broke for some more vampy hues in the collection. I whole-heartedly recommend this product to anyone looking for a solid, reliable lip color that lives up to its product description.

Top Rated Yves Saint Laurent Products