Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (All Shades)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have this in #30 Mauve Fusain which is a bright lavender/plum. It goes on so smoothly and although it is slightly sticky the stickiness wears off in a few minutes and I am left with a nice sheer bright color that last 4 hours even with drinking coffee. The stain left behind lasts all day.

This is a great winter lip product because it adds moisture and color without bleeding into fine lines around the mouth. I use Urban Decay Ultimate Ozone pencil all around the edges of my lips but not on the lips and I have never had any trouble with the color from the YSL Glossy Stain migrating.

There is nothing like this on the market, it is unique. The L'Oreal Color Caresse Shine Stain was similar but did not give as much color/stain or moisture. Sadly the L'Oreal product has been discontinued so this YSL product truly is one of a kind. The price is steep but it does exactly what it says it will do.

Prune Minimale 22 rouge pur couture glossy stain by YSL.

Pretty packaging. Weird sponge applicator. Was looking for a nice stain that wouldn't dry out like the stila one I had tried previous. Wore black lipstick with success recently, was hoping to find something 'vampy' and winter- without being garish and too 'halloween'

I'm not really into the application of it. It doesn't apply smoothly for me, it may just be this deep color?

I apply one coat and wait to apply another coat. It sort of congeals together in certain locations. Does not apply evenly.

I despise the shape, the foaminess.. Everything about this applicator. It seems so cheap and counter intuitive in my opinion

I will be trying to apply with a lip brush to see if I get more success.

This IS nice if you use it as a barely there stain. I apply it very very very sparingly (like a dab) blend super quick with your finger and add chapstick on top and it's a nice just bitten color for the day..

Still... Not quite what I was looking for.

Purchased a red color for my best friend. I'll compare to see if I got a bad tube or maybe it was just this color prune minimale 22

I waited a long time after all the hype before getting my first glossy stain, and I understand what all the fuss is about. It has a really unique gel texture which is very comfortable on the lips, and the color truly lasts. The finish is gel like too in that there's colour, but there's still some translucency there so it has a very modern finish. Its easy to apply like a gloss and it wears really well. It starts off glossy, but as the glossiness disappears, you're left with a lovely stain so you don't have to worry if you don't have time to reapply. Therein lies part of the problem for me personally. Since my lips look nice anyway, I tend to postpone reapplying and so my lips get dry (my lips are prone to dryness and flakiness). Even then, I don't find the formula very moisturizing anyway. But, I still really love it. Its really a lovely product and I would definitely repurchase!

I have 4 of these stains - #11, #15, #27 and the new #203. I love them. Easily my favourite lippy formula because of its staying powder. It lasts through coffees, breakfast, water and lunch! Amazing. Perfect for a lazy girl like me. It feels a little odd on the lips to start with - tacky and sticky but the feeling wears off as the glossy shine disappears and leaves a lovely stain. Worth every penny and will definitely be adding more to my collection.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Worth the price.

I got mine in shade Coral Alla Prima (31), it's a reddish coral. The color will bring warmth and freshness for warm medium skintone. Since this is a hybrid of gloss and stain, you can't expect a pigmentation of a high-coverage lipstick. However, you can always build the intensity that will leave you with jelly-like glossy lips.

I used to apply them and immediately rubbed my lips together repeatedly (for no reason?). Once I read somewhere that it is best to leave them for a few minutes, I find it stays way longer - even the glossiness - even after drinking and smoking. It is very moisturising and the gloss doesn't feel sticky at all. Once the gloss disappears gradually, the stain is left for hours.

Beautiful, sleek and classy packaging, as expected from YSL. It has a synthetic fresh floral scent, I personally don't find it annoying.

I got no complain at all.

This is a review of the new Pop Water collection of glossy stains, with a little comparison compared to the original. I loved the original, except the fact that they were very drying on me, especially if I wear them for consecutive days. The new Pop Water version is much much better. The colours are amazing, they are very summer appropriate bright colours, each with a watery shiny finish without shimmer or crazy plastic shine. They are much more creamier now than before, and feels more like a liquid lipstick on the lips, whereas the original felt like a thin layer of plastic on the lips. They remove better too, and similar to the original, they leave a nice stain behind. I have the colours 206 Misty Pink and 207 Juicy Peach, both are very pigment, super smooth, and very hydrating. They also last all day as expected. I will post a video review of these, which include hand and lip swatches. If you are only interested in seeing the swatches, they are at 5:40. Hope this helps! :)

I love this stain so very much.

Color: Very pigmented, gorgeous, true to swatches. I have #7 (pink coral) and #43 (red). Perfect everyday colors! They can be applied sheer or built up, although more layers = more shine.

Application: Feels almost oily on the lips when applying. Not sticky at all. I have found the best way to get a stain that does not budge is to only apply a tiny bit on the center of my lower lip, and rub my lips together so it transfers. Then I scrape off the applicator on the side of the container so there is only a wisp of gloss left, and then fill in the rest of my lips. This way I can get a sheer coat of color that is more matte than shiny. Remember, with this gloss less is more!

Lasting Power: A good 6 hours. For me it lasts through light eating, and amazingly does not come off when you drink (ie you can avoid the coffee cup stain). Also does not transfer or bleed.

Packaging: It's smaller than you would expect; the packaging is light plastic which doesn't feel very high quality, but it's gorgeous nonetheless.

Cons:
I find that this stain completely dries out my lips. Although it doesn't dry out my lips when I am wearing it, at night after I remove my makeup my lips are left very tight and dry. This can be remedied by applying a thick layer of balm before I go to sleep, and I'll definitely keep using this stain, but it's something to consider if you have very dry or flaky lips.
Also when it fades (especially during a meal) it will leave a slight ring of color around your lips, which is something to be careful of.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super-dry and flaky lips so I was really hesitant to get this product at first since it was described as a stain and most stains are very drying. I was given a sample of it by YSL SA after purchasing a bunch of YSL products. I tried #7 in Corail Aquatique and wow...how pleasantly surprised I was to find that not only my lips was in the best shape ever, plump and smoothly hydrated (without any lip balm, serum, conditioner anything else underneath) but the stain also stayed put like almost all day on me. Now, not only that my lips appears almost flake-free but I no longer have to apply tons of balms or lip serum...

I was a huge fan of Dior Creme de Gloss and Lancome Lip Lover before, but now this YSL Glossy Stain is definitely my HG. Currently, I have 3 colors #5, #7, #105. Defly gonna get myself more colors! For those of you with problematic super-dry lips, don't wait any longer just go grab this asap.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My day to go gloss is not sticky and last the whole day!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It started with #107 Naughty Mauve and my collection has grown to include # 5, # 7, and # 9. I love these stains. They are long wearing, very customizable, beautiful colors and are moisturizing. Lip stains are usually the one item I stay away from because lips are dry. This did not dry my lips. My only complaint is that it will enhance any flakes, so it is best to exfoliate and moisturize lips before using this. The applicator is also a bit difficult to work with at first but once you get the hang of it, it will glide on smoothly. A great combo to try is Babydoll Kiss & Blush in # 6 with glossy stain #9. It makes lips look super glossy and intense.

Top Rated Yves Saint Laurent Products