L'Oreal Lumi Magique

3.4

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Lumi liquid foundation is good for a natural daily look. I usually use it when my skin feels dry like in the fall/winter. If I need slightly more coverage I add just a few more dabs but if I overdo it I look like I have a mask on. I like it and I also like the Maybelline Age Rewind foundation too. I don't get greasy/shiny with the Lumi and do touch ups with the True Match pressed powder. It's nice but I want to try the Lumi cushion foundation next.

I'm already on my second bottle of this because it is one of the only foundations I can use when my skin is seriously dry! Really recommend this for people with dry skin or anyone who wants a luminous foundation with good staying power and good coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think I've found my drugstore HG (for the time being, at least)

This foundation plays really nicely with my dry skin. It has a lovely dewy sheen that imparts a healthy glow - always a plus for us dry skinned gals!

I apply with a beauty blender which I feel gives me a better finish, reducing flakes and visible dry patches. This foundation accentuates flakes only slightly when I've neglected my skincare, but otherwise, is really quite excellent.

Coverage is moderate at best, and while I would love a fuller coverage, with that come the dreaded flakes. I can always put concealer over red patches or blemishes.

Wear isn't incredible without primer. However, WITH primer (face of Australia) and setting spray (nyx dewy finish) it's lasted me a good 8 hours before it's completely faded. I really wish wear was longer, but its hard to find a dewy drugstore foundation that is long wearing.

Packaging is pretty good - the pump always dispenses a perfect amount of foundation. The smell, moreover, isn't overpowering (I hate strongly scented products)

The only other foundations I've found in the drugstore that plays relatively well with dry skin are Bourjois Healthy Mix and Maybelline Fit Me Dewy. I feel that the Lumi wins in terms of finish - it's dewy but doesn't 'cake' like the Fit Me tends to.
The Healthy Mix has more of a natural finish, and, from memory, lasts a little longer. The longevity of Healthy mix may make that a more appealing option for you - all comes down to personal preference.

This may work for you if you have oily or combination skin. My mum has combination skin and found it worked wonderfully for winter. (in summer, however, it was a bit much for her)

DEFINITELY give this one a go if you have dry skin though - it may just be your drugstore HG!

I am a foundation junkie, it's my thing. I've pretty much tried and tested near every brand, I'm constantly on the hunt for my HG. I really actually only bought this because my friend started wearing it, she was looking so dewy, soft and had this beaming complexion which made her look stunning. I asked what she was wearing ? And she told me this foundation. I had to try it.

I had bought loreal match before and I'm usually a w3/4 depending on if I have been self tanning more. I actually purchased this in W5, looking back I think it was a bit too dark but it wasn't too off.

Initially I wore this foundation nearly everyday, I wore it too one of my best friends wedding instead of my usual studio fix( in hindsight I wished I hadn't) After experimenting with so many different foundations, I've realised this was not meant for me (my friend - yes, me not so much)
I prefer a full and matte flawless finish. This is incredibly luminous, made me look very shiny and artificial. It's thick a lot thicker then LTM and gives a medium coverage but is build able. It's not a bad foundation by any means just not suitable for everyone, someone actually commented that it looks really weird on my skin.

I think this is more suited to more mature skin , if you have oily skin I would avoid this. I wouldn't re purchase but can imagine this would look good on some people. I would definitely recommend a powder to set this.

PROS

* decent ish coverage
* feels hydrating
* thick and easy to blend
* would look great on a mature skin tye
CONS

* too wet looking for my liking
* very fake looking ( not a natural looking finish)
* doesn't last long on your face

This foundation has good coverage and has a glowing finish. I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin. Blends easily and feels lightweight. Lasts for a decent amount of time but needs powdering every few hours I find.

I haven't tried that many foundations because I have always loved this one and repurchase it. My skin is not that problematic, a few blemishes here and there so this light weight foundation suits me. However if you are looking for something heavy duty I wouldn't bother. It gives an absolutely flawless and beautiful finish (with maybe a bit of concealing needed on spots ect.) I think the dewy finish is perfect, not to oily. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a light weight, every day flawless look

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It is lovely light way foundation, looks beautiful on the skin but better suitable for someone with more dry skin and maybe who doesn't have a lot to cover up on their faces,

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

At one time, my skin was basically a canvas of exploded dry pie crust...just flakes every damn where. With some changes to my skincare routine, that has improved, but most foundations still settle in a cakey and chalky way.

I have been using Coverall by Wet n Wild for a few years and like it but I wanted to try for a more smooth application with something else. My forehead always looks awful.

I researched this product for several weeks and figured the negative reviews were mainly from oily skinned people (who seem to be a majority in general). After using this product a week or so, I understand their horror. This is simply unworkable if your face is oily. It should be obvious, but again. Don't bother. Here's a quick rundown of my experimentation thusfar with a Real Techniques brush...

-UNDER LOTION W/SPF: Whoops! No no no. I forgot the Lumi has SPF, and my face looked as bad as it ever has. The foundation was gunky, greasy, and my pores were magnified.

-UNDER PRIMER: I didn't notice much change, but that may be the primer. I use Borghese.

-BARE SKIN: This was best, and I also realized I only need a little bit. The first few days, I had greasy skin and the makeup transferred everywhere. It was horrific. I noticed many vloggers saying they use way more than they do with other foundations. I tried just a tiny bit and it was MUCH better. I let one layer sit while I do brows and concealer, then put on another thin layer.

Overall, this foundation is a lot of work. I spend way too much time trying to get this to make nice looking skin. I have some redness but few marks/acne so it shouldn't be too difficult. I took someone's advice and got W1-2 when I'm cool toned and I'm not sure that worked. The makeup looks uneven and yellow.

I'm disappointed, but this could be a nice tinted moisturizer type if used in small quantities.

Update 6/28/15:
A few weeks in, I'm finding this foundation much better than I initially did. The less I use, the better it looks. It takes a bit of practice/trial and error, but I'm liking the way it looks.

This was my first dewy foundation. I walked into a Shopper Drug Mart and just asked the lady behind the counter to help me find a dewy foundation and this is what she recommended to me. I got it with $14 something after sale but the original price in Shoppers is around $20CD. Though Walmart does tend to have drugstore makeups at a little cheaper price.

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. My skin is naturally drying but after a few hours of any foundation, it gets oily. For this foundation, there were both good and bad sides.
I normally put a layer if foundation first, then apply my concealer ( Mac's Stydio Finish concealer in NW 25) and then go over the concealer with the foundation again so that the dry concealer doesn't show amidst the dewy skin.

Pros:
1) it really is dewy. It gives off this subtle glow when light falls on your face from an angle
2) it does look natural
3) the packaging is neat with a simple pump which is hygienic

Cons:
1) i found it difficult to match my skin color. This foundation line doesn't really have any cool colors imo
2) you cannot build it up. When I tried to, it made my face feel extremely heavy
3) it does cling to your dry patches a lot and I've gas some horrible exriences with it.
4) it turned my face into an oil mining field within the forth hour after application. Dewy than became greasy.
5) it did go a little darker (foundation oxidizes) after about four hours

It all depends up to the skin type and color tbh as you can see, my experience wasn't the best.

I'm very pleasantly surprised by this product. At $33 this is the cheapest foundation I've bought and I think it's here to stay for my "everyday" makeup. The concept bears a striking resemblance to ysl's le teint touché eclat. I apply with fingers then blend using a damp blending sponge- this is the best way to make the most of the "luminous" finish IMO. I then use a powder lightly in my t-zone to avoid shininess. The light/medium coverage is perfect for me as it evens my skin tone but doesn't completely cover my freckles so it ends up quite natural looking. It hasn't caused any acne or reactions to my skin thus far. At the risk of sounding like a snob I couldn't give it 5/5 because it's still not quite as good as YSL Le teint touché eclat.