L'Oreal Lumi Magique

3.4

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL ISONONANOATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINIUM HYDROXIDE, ETHYLPARABEN, PEG-9, DIPROPYLENE, GLYCOL. (May contain): CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE.

on 3/9/2015 11:13:00 PM

I'm very pleasantly surprised by this product. At $33 this is the cheapest foundation I've bought and I think it's here to stay for my "everyday" makeup. The concept bears a striking resemblance to ysl's le teint touché eclat. I apply with fingers then blend using a damp blending sponge- this is the best way to make the most of the "luminous" finish IMO. I then use a powder lightly in my t-zone to avoid shininess. The light/medium coverage is perfect for me as it evens my skin tone but doesn't completely cover my freckles so it ends up quite natural looking. It hasn't caused any acne or reactions to my skin thus far. At the risk of sounding like a snob I couldn't give it 5/5 because it's still not quite as good as YSL Le teint touché eclat.

on 3/5/2015 3:07:00 AM

I am a massive Tru Match fan and developed a habit of mixing a bit of illuminator into my Tru Match for a slightly more glowing effect. I figured using Lumi Maquique would create the same effect but boy was I wrong! I found the coverage to be really light - almost like a bb cream. Doesn't cancel out blue skin tones on eyelids etc at all. Might be good for teenagers with dry skin who need minimal coverage.

on 2/25/2015 9:29:00 PM

I have only been using this foundation for a short while but have already fallen in love with it!!! Usually my skin is very oily and seriously acne prone, but I am currently on Accutane to help cure my acne and as a result my face is really drying out. My usual HG revlon colourstay or l'oreal true match is unfortunately a bit too 'obvious' on my dry skin at the moment and seems to settle in the dry areas and cakes/creases around my mouth so I wanted to try something a bit more 'dewy'. This foundation instantly felt moisturising on my skin and gave me a bit more of a fresh, wide awake glow. It doesn't shimmer or have glitter in it to achieve this look either. It is quite a light-medium coverage -which is buildable - but the kind of coverage that makes you look fresh and radiant without being too dolled up. I'm finding it a perfect day time look kind of foundation. Living in Australia, it is very humid here at the moment so I do need to powder my T zone every so often throughout the day to help set it, but I'm used to doing that anyway even with my matte foundations. I found this a bit pricey for a drug store foundation at $34aud (but makeup in general is pretty extortionate to buy in Oz) but I definitely think it's money well spent!

on 12/16/2014 1:56:00 PM

NO GLITTER OR SHIMMER, OR MICRO SPARKLE DUST..

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't imagine myself straying away from this foundation any time soon because I love it so much. I have normal, fair skin and require light coverage. I was previously using Revlon ColorStay in the lightest shade available. I did like it a lot but it costs a little more than Id like to spend on foundation and I always mixed it with equal part moisturizer because I found it quite heavy and a bit difficult to blend on its own. I was also looking for something with a more dewy finish and had been recommended L'Oreal lumi so went out to buy it. I was pleasantly surprised that it cost less than Revlon and they had a shade (the lightest one, I think its ivory?) that looked like it would match perfectly. The first time I used this, I was in love. Not only did it match my skin tone better than revlons lightest shade, but it blended so easily, covered all my imperfections (some light scars, redness and the odd pimple) really well with just one application and gave my skin a subtle dewy glow which I love. I also much prefer the fact that lumi has a pump! I used to use self tanners a lot because I've always been insecure about my pale skin for the reason that I was never able to find a foundation that flattered it. I feel like lumi really flatters my skin tone and I am completely embracing my pale skin now and have no desire to be more tan. This is my HG foundation from now on.

on 11/19/2014 10:21:00 AM

I like this product so much! My skin is very dry so it helps me to get that glowy look. keeps my skin hydrated and looks very light and natural but still covers well...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really liked this product. I do not use it because I can't find a good color match. The one closest to my color looks too orange on me. I like this because it's moisturizing, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and makes my skin have a glow (or look like it). The formula is thin and runny and I would say light to medium coverage. I dislike I can't find a color match and that it doesn't last long and can run off easily.
My mom uses this on her oily skin and it looks really nice. She just dusts with powder. I can't use powders because they dry my skin too much.

on 11/6/2014 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was actually out at rite aide to buy my maybelline fit me in 310 when i saw that for 50 cents more i cound try the loreal lumi in w6 (the product was half off!) so i also bought the primer. I have very oily skin so it does wear off around the 5th hour. But it makes my skin look so healthy and flawless. Its a bit sheer, i use 2 pumps and apply with my flat top brush and get the perfect opacity without looking cakey. My brush doesnt lease streaks after application either compared to the rimmel stay matte mousse ( it was so thick that i looked cakes and a sponge absorbed it and a brush left streaks so i would have to blend it with my fingers). I set lumi with my makeup forever setting powder and i use my naked flushed pallette for blush and contouring. I love it even though it doesnt last too long. Im still on the search for the perfect foundation for my oily skin, the search goes on but ill keep buying lumi for now.

on 9/15/2014 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this foundation in the darkest shade available (W6 Gold camel) at Kmart for like $10 aud on sale. I'm not quite sure about the usual price but I think here in Australia it's usually around $30 which is pretty much the average for a 'drug-store' foundation. First of all, this matched my skin perfectly, which is rare for me to find because my skin tone is very yellow toned, it didn't look one single bit ashy on me just like many other foundations. Coverage is medium but can be sheered out to light coverage or built up to full coverage. It is most definitely doesn't give a matte finish, which makes sense as it does say that it will make you look as though you have been lit from within. The foundation is not super thick but also not super thin, I would say that the consistency is a medium thickness. This would probably suit someone with dry skin a lot more than someone who has oily skin because of the dewy finish that you get. I found that I got just a bit oily around my nose but that's nothing that a little powder can fix and I would much rather be a bit oily than dry and flaky. As for the packaging, I like that it as a pump and one pump doesn't dispense too much at all, and the feel of the glass bottle is almost like a high end product. I wasn't really bothered about the scent, it didn't linger or anything and disappeared as soon as the foundation was applied, I don't think that the scent would really bother anyone. Overall it is a good foundation but I would mostly recommend it to people with dry to combo skin.

on 8/28/2014 9:16:00 AM

I thought this foundation was okay, but I found that I needed a bit more coverage. It's good if you need a light natural foundation though.