April 16, 2014 | 977 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nature's Gate - Glow Lotion - Light Skin Tones

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this self tanner... I am very fair, this has been a very long winter and I'm feeling very pasty, so this product was just what I needed to give my skintone a healthy glow without looking orange or fake.

Like other Nature's Gate products I've tried, this one has a sort of strange smell. If you've ever been in to a healthfood store that sells medicinal herbs... that is what their lotions smell like to me. This one smells like a combo of cinnamon(?) and typical DHA self tanner smell, which strangely I find much less offensive than some of their other lotions. I love that it's natural, paraben free, and contains many beneficial ingredients like shea butter, hyaluronic acid, almond and apricot oils, etc. Aside from the tanning aspect, this is one of the best moisturizers I've ever tried. This is better for my sensitive face than CeraVe or Cetaphil! I also love that it comes in a giant pump bottle; it's hygienic and you don't waste product or make a mess.

Overall, I think this product is fantastic. It's easy to apply and doesn't streak (just make sure to wash your hands afterwards). One tip I have is to use the color you *need*, not the color you want to be... Meaning, if you are fair like me, buy the one for Light skintones, not the Medium or Dark. If you're pale and you use the wrong color, that is when you get the orangeness and streaks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by brittanykboswell

I just reviewed the Glow Medium lotion, and now I'm over here reviewing this one! I have used entire bottles of both so let me help you decided which one is best for you:

I am fair-medium skin toned when I'm not tanned. I'm white and basically I'm not the whitest of whites but I'm not medium by any means. I have black looking brunette hair and dark brown eyes. In the summer I get DARK without really trying, but in the winter my tan fades fast.

That being said, in the winter I use the light color and it really does not give me a tan tan look, just more of a glow-tan. Like I spent a little extra time outside tan plus the glow of pregnancy, haha! Side note: I DISLIKE massively tan looking people in the winter.. seriously, you're not fooling anyone, we know you bake in a tanning bed 3x a week.

In the spring, like right before summer I switch to the medium and it DOES give a tan look. Beach tan plus pregnant lady glow. This gives me a great look to start the summer off with. Then I usually get naturally tan pretty quick and the medium really doesn't do much tan-wise for me BUT I still use it! Why? Because I GLOW when I use it! It makes my muddy dark tan look like an Aztec princess tan!

Then sadly, the summer ends.... and I go back to my light glow lotion that still makes me look fabulously glowing and slightly sunkissed.

- I do NOT tan in tanning beds
- I like looking glowy/tan but I dislike ALL OTHER self-tanners other than this.

OH, and its $12... at Target... YEP.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by mulligana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate the smell of self tanners with my skin chemistry ( reminds me of meat tenderizer) and while this lotion has noticeably less of a stench on me, it is still there. I love the color this gives my super white skin and have even had people ask whether I'd been laying by a pool all weekend. The bottle is pretty large for the price ($12.99 at Target) and BONUS it makes the keratosis pilaris on my arms look way less noticeable. I'm on my second bottle of this, and usually if I mix it with some body lotion I hardly notice the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff. It's so natural and awesome!! You can feel good about putting this stuff on! Only reason its 4 not 5 is because its gradual...BUT it does make a difference. Skin looks great!! I actually apply a self tanner (Victorias Secret or St. Tropez usually) and then apply this for several days after. LOVE IT!

GREAT FIND!! WHY HAVENT YOU ALL TRIED THIS??

You can get it at Target for $12.99

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG why am I the only one who has reviewed this??? I had to add it and wasn't sure to put it in lotions or self tanners, its not marketed as a self tanner so I put it here...in lotions. I think its cheaper than most self tanners that are usually about an 8oz for $7.99 and up, this is $12.99 for a 16oz bottle.

This "lotion" does change the color of ur skin to a wonderful natural glow, u will look like one of those people who are born with that natural color u are always jealous of. I am so super pale that NO self tanner has worked for me. This does not leave u orange but actually brown. It also does not have a nasty self tanner smell that stays on u for as long as the color stays on u. I have gotten a whiff of that scent with in an the few hours of putting it on but once its dried u just smell like "your skin" no nasty self tanner, this is a miracle lotion.

The only bad move by the company is that they did not design it for use on the face or make a facial one for the line, bad move. How do u design a lotion that beautifully darkens someone skin color but nothing for the face, after 3 uses my face is really starting to look left out :-( which means I can not keep using this lotion ( in fear of getting darker) til I can find something for my face too.

But even so, I could still walk in to this company and give a big hug to everyone involved in making this because its truely amazing.