October 31, 2014 | 1087 users online

Hair - Salon Grafix - Citrus Creme Conditioning Cleanser, 12 oz

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I bought this awhile ago, both the regular formula & the oily/fine/limp hair versions & I prefer the oily hair one. I've never tried any cc's except Loreal's (wasn't really blown away there), & I keep trying this & going back to regular shampoo after a few uses coz my hair gets a slimy coating on it. I think I need to use a reg clarifying shampoo once a week, but today I used this cc & blew my naturally curly bra strap length hair dry, added some Big Sexy Hairspray, which normally I let it air dry & had wonderful results. This does not lather & I need 8 pumps to get it into my hair decently. I guess I should stick with it & see if it works for more than a couple of shampoos coz when I 1st quit shampooing my hair each & every day there was an adjustment period where it was super oily so perhaps that's the case here. I am too cheap to buy Wen. At least this doesn't have much if any in the way of menthol. It has an okay scent, nothing offensive nothing that I really pay much attention to coz it's fairly benign. My hair feels like it's not really very clean, but I guess the whole point of cc is not to strip the hair. I will update. I bought mine at Kroger for US$6.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by shiroihikaru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this when it first came out and was free to try out a whole bottle. I've never tried the original Wen product, but was intrigued by the thought of cleansing conditioners. So I thought this was chance to try a new product!

I only use this once a week to change up my daily washings. I have oily roots and dry ends with fine strands. The product has left my hair soft and more manageable, but it tends to get oily a little faster at the end of the day.

Overall, I enjoy this type of hair product, but it isn't a game changer. I use it more like a nice treat to my hair. I have read several reviews that said the scent was horrible and was afraid that it would bother me because I'm sensitive to scents, but I have found the scent doesn't bother me and I have no problem with the pump. I would repurchase this again, but will try others before I settle back to this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

The single worst product I purchased in 2013. It did not cleanse, it did not condition, the pump was absolute garbage, the scent was not good (I will deal with a bad smell if it performs well...this did not.) This wasn't my first adventure in CO washing...I've gone from wen to VO5, evercreme, suave and back...this was just not a good product. At. All.

I eventually resorted (probably had 1/4 left,) to using it to shave...and I was so happy to finish it. I rarely despise products as much as I did this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Jane_Dewey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I paid $4.99 for this on sale regular $8.99 at Walgreen's. I bought three bottles. My hair is naturally curly, fine, medium, low porosity. My hair does like hydrolyzed wheat protein, which this product contains. My hair also does well with the silicones used in this. I like the scent. I don't think it smells like bug spray or nursing home, but it doesn't smell like citrus too much, either. I have tried all the different fragrances and formulas of Wen, and maybe because of the menthol or the glycerin, my hair is frizzy. This product contains no menthol or glycerin. I also tried Hair One, and I got the same frizzy flat greasy results as Wen. I was pleasantly surprised by this product.

Check the key ingredients found in this, Wen, and Hair One, and you may discover why your hair does better with one and not the others.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by jean3x1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not the shampoo for you if you have fine hair. It weighs down your hair and makes it feel waxy. I had to wash my hair out twice to get it feeling normal. I purchased the dry/flat hair since I usually need volumizing shampoos to help lift my hair. But seriously, it did the total opposite and it is the worst shampoo I have ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lostinbk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My love for Wen has sent me looking for many dupes lately. I tried Hair One when it first came out, and didn't like it very much, but for different reasons than disliking this. I almost rated this just 2 lippies, but had to bump it to 3, because despite my 1 big complaint about it...it does work pretty well. The thing I can't get over is the smell. It is almost unbearable. It smells of pure chemical with a bit of cucumber melon/citrus smell. If they could fix the smell, I would have continued buying it. I actually found this for a discount price of 2.99, and seeing that it was a cleansing conditioner, I bought 2.
Since it works, but it smells horrible, I'll use it once in a while, maybe underneath the L'Oreal cleansing conditioner if I'm feeling brave. If you don't mind the smell, I actually recommend this product to you! But it's just something I can't get past, since it lingers after my hair has dried.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by JaneDoh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used Wen for several months (Almond Mint), so I was already familiar with the concept of a conditioning cleanser when I bought this. But Salon Grafix' conditioning cleanser fell far short of Wen for me. (On the plus side, at least it was better than that horrible Ren/Renpure.) First off, I couldn't get the pump to work (it was stuck), even with my husband trying with his manly hands. Apportioning it out based on a visual guesstimate isn't the same as measuring pumps, and even so, I'd have to say that my hair (about halfway to my elbow when wet) needed more than the 4-8 pumps. More disappointingly, I needed ADDITIONAL CONDITIONER with this product.

Wen was time-consuming with the massaging and getting just the right amount of product in your hair, and thoroughly rinsing it out, but at least I didn't need extra conditioner. My fingers moved through my hair easily in the shower; no tangles. On the other hand, Salon Grafix Creme Conditioning Cleanser left my hair dry and difficult to comb through. The first time, I used a spray-on conditioner just to comb my hair, and after that, I started using additional conditioner in the shower.

Which negates the whole point of this sort of product - it's supposed to allow you to skip that step. After I finish using the bottle, I won't be buying it again. (Oh - the smell did not bother me. But I didn't really notice it the way I did Wen's products.)

My hair is pretty thick and wavy, often dry on the ends, and prone to frizz in humidity. Perhaps this kind of product is more effective on someone with fine, normal hair?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by rinaranae

I ran across this bottle at the local King Soopers. After seeing the tag that says "Compare to Wen" and looking down at the price tag, which read $7.99, I figured a trial couldn't hurt.

So here is the scoop:
I have very thick hair, wavy, and frizz/fly away-age due to straightening and blow drying.
I have tried soooo many different shampoo/conditioner mixtures over the years......and after all this time, I still can't say that I havent found "the one". bummer right!

Being located in the beautiful state of Colorado; also has an effect on my hair/skin/scalp. As I'm sure you know, the weather changes a lot here! One day cold, the next hot...but overall I like that it is not tropical. Lord knows my hair would be out of control with that much moisture. BUT one thing that I can't help but wonder is; Colo tends to be more "dry" if you will. We use more lotions, the air is crisp and fresh not thick and moist. I think this might be the reason for my hair being dry AND oily at the same time.

I know! Dry AND oily?? Trust me, I used to wash it every single day in my early teens (cheap brands to start: Herbal Essences etc.) and then eventually started using salon quality shampoo/cond. I must say that Biolage has always been an old fav, anywho around my late teens/early 20's I noticed that I was a lot more oily! My face, my scalp, my eye lids for cripe sake! And then I would notice flakes! But the kicker is; the flakes were worse when my scalp was more oily! At first I was soooo confused! I tried dandruff shampoos (T-Gel etc.) and still the same results, then I tried the opposite...I thought "Whelp, the only other thing to try is a moisturizing shamp/cond set" So I set off in search once again! I think it actually got worse! Then I research and read on hair being so oily that it can build up and then flake off.....which I thought #1 eww, #2 What the heck! I DONT use any product (that can cause build up) NO hair spray, NO serum, no build up...

Now introducing: (drum roll)
Salon Grafix "Healthy Hair Nutrition"
Conditioning Cleanser for normal hair (color defend, sulfate free, paraben free) Citrus Crème
-So pretty much like every other person who has tried this: I was afraid of the dirty feeling...the "it doesn't lather??" thought running through your mind.

After trying it I will just write a list of thoughts
-Surprisingly light-weight
-Smelt good in the beginning, after a while you notice a....I don't know "less fruity/perfumy" scent to your hair...at first I was okay with but now I REALLY miss that about regular shampoos!!
-DOES keep your color in better than the norm
(I dye my hair red, we all know that's harder to stay in as it is)
-Texture is like conditioner...but when you put it on, it doesn't smooth right through like conditioner, you know! Like, I expected to use a couple pumps and that it would easily run through...(like "butter") haha
-My hair seems to soak it up quickly (at the roots)
-WAY more than 4 pumps is needed...depending on how clean your feeling (by this I mean; some days you feel more oily, or sweaty) and on THOSE days, your gonna use a hell of a lot more! (If you have thick hair, like me)
-The bottle is smaller than Im used to......
(guess I got a little too used to those Beauty Brands "Liter Sale" sizes)
-I have gauged ears, and if you have yours gauged, you know that sometimes they get a little dry.....Well since I started using this stuff they have been 100% better!
(So I guess on that note; doesn't dry ya out so much!)
-I agree with a lot of Wen users that you notice more hair loss, and not like chunks, but (when your actually in the shower-rubbing it into the scalp)
-I Feel like it cuts down on the time spent in the shower, since its a "2 in one" sorta deal
-I truly liked it for a while! Honestly did, and then:
I started missin the fruity scents, and the lather!! You start to miss the lather!!
-It does give volume and control all at the same time
(at first your like " woooohhww doggy" that's Brilliant!! But then after a couple months, you notice some areas are starting to weigh down. Like the "right crown/back" area feels heavier, which automatically makes you think "ahh dirty", and Im sure its not, it doesn't feel gross or anything....just heavy AND the left crown is not!! So when I straighten my hair (medium a line haircut-above the shoulders) you can see a ton of layering....I love that about the cut, but this product almost leaves certain areas heavier which changes the way your hair "lays".
And it didn't do that in the beginning, but I am also guessing that since my hair is retaining more of the "natural moisture/oil" that its bound to happen eventually.
I would recommend using normal shampoo one every week or every 2 weeks. Once I tried that, It started to look less "voluminous on the left and flat on the right" it looked more even and felt more light again!

I am all out now, and Im going to get some sort of shampoo/cond/cleansing cond....and I cant help but still WANT this product!
BEST qualities: easier to manage, little to NO frizz/fly aways, seems better on my skin/scalp because I don't have very many "oil + dandruff" issues anymore! Which is seriously ahhh-mazing!
I think it is well worth the money! Especially compared to Wen, and better for your hair. But don't throw away the old stuff yet, cuz one day your just gonna wanna break free and lather it on up again!

:) Good Luck!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by three_black_cats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this in Walgreens when I was looking for a sulfate-free shampoo, and it was on sale. Down from $8.99 to a sale price of $5.99. That usually means they won't be carrying that product anymore. But the tag on the bottle compared it to the Wen haircare stuff (is it a shampoo that doesn't lather? is it a cleansing conditioner?) and I've read about Wen and heard various reviews, some negative, some positive. So, this really isn't a shampoo, but a hair treatment that is supposed to be conditioning, but without lather. I figured that if I was going to give it a try, trying this knock-off version of a (Wen) no-lather, sulfate and paraben free conditioning hair treatment/wash at the price it was on sale for was a pretty cost effective experiment. Heck, even at $8.99, it beats the cost of the Wen stuff.

The scent was pleasant enough. The scent wasn't really memorable at all, actually, which is a good thing. The instructions on the bottle said to use 4-8 pumps, more if you have longer hair. I haver longer hair, and it had been two days since my last hair washing, so I used a bit more, and tried to concentrate it on my scalp, massaging it in, and working the excess down to the ends. It did not lather, which I expected. I let it sit on my hair while I washed the rest of me for about 4-8 minutes or so. Then I rinsed and rinsed, and hoped that it would work and not leave my hair greasy and limp.

I wrapped my wet hair up in a towel, and combed it out after a bit and let it air dry while pulling my fingers through my hair every now and then. Everything seemed ok. I was afraid that my hair would dry and still be kind of greasy and in need of a wash, but I was surprised to find that it tamed the frizz, and left my hair feeling pretty clean and soft, even though I didn't use a blow dryer or any other product. My hair was not squeaky clean, but that might be a good thing. My hair actually had quite a bit more volume and more natural wave than I expected, so I'm definitely going to use it again.

All in all, a very good experiment at a very good price. I still wouldn't use it on a morning when I have to go to work and need to get in the shower and out the door on a tight schedule, but I'm definitely going to be trying this on days when I can afford to spend some extra time letting my hair air dry and to make sure this works for me. I can't see it as an everyday product, because my hair does need some genuine (sulfate free) washing every now and then. But this just might be an every-other-day kind of thing to give my hair a gentle break from the usual wash-and-dry routine.

If it turns out that it doesn't work as well in subsequent tries as it did the first time, I will update. But for now I'm pleasantly surprised, and I didn't spend a fortune, which makes me even happier.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by DawnofArt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As someone too cheap to buy Wen, I was delighted to find this at my local "superstore." I have very fine but thick hair and I recently chopped it all off in frustration because I literally could not do a thing with my hair except wear it in a ponytail or a French twist. I tried it today and my hair is as shiny as it was in high school, before I started dying it and torturing it with blow dryers and curling irons. I color my hair and the Aveda product I was using was stripping the color. Today, my color looks fresh and vibrant. My hair has more body than usual, although I do have to use some styling products to get the lift I want. I love the fragrance. It has a very mild citrus/herbal smell that doesn't irritate and I am extremely sensitive to smells. The important thing is that it doesn't smell like perfume, like L'Oreal and other drugstore products. It smells natural and clean. I'll review again in a few weeks to see if this hair miracle continues!