August 27, 2014 | 1742 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - Photo Op Mega Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by MandyniX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this it has everything you need when traveling blush, liner, highlighters, brow stuff & a ton of eyeshadows. I got mine when it was a TSV on qvc (it was a qvc exlusive) so I think I payed less the $95 with shipping. The eyeshadows are buttery, smooth and easy to blend. They last all day on my eyes although I do not have oily lids so I can't say that my eyes put them to the ultimate test.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by elle415x

I bought this palette for the eyeshadows because after buying one Photo op trio i had to have them all and this was a great value. For all the trios is over $400 and this was just ~$100.
Eyeshaodws:Very pigmented.Long wearing. Consistent with their trios in stores meaning the shadows arent different and crappy.
Blushes: Very buildable. Large. Hot pink may be too bright for some complexions and not a fan of the color.I love the peachy color though and its very nice becauee the shimmer is just enough for a bright glow without being glittery.
Glosses: nice colors. sheer. not amazing or anything.small. Theyre not really good bad so just think of them as an extra goodie.
Eyeliners: havent used them much so i cant really say anything.
Highliters: shimmery. Dont like shimmer so i wont use them much but they are good fir those that dont mind shimmer.(theyre not super shimmer i just have a fake allergy to shimmer. dont like it.
Overall I would have bought this just for the eyshadows so i just consider the rest of the stuff free samples. But i do like and use the blushes and glosses.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This palette is exclusive to QVC and as soon as I saw it on easy pay I had to purchase it. I've had it about a month and I've been pretty pleased thus far.

The palette costs around $107 with tax and shipping from QVC.com. yes, it is pricey for a palette but you get quality that you don't usually see in value palettes. I will review each product individually below:

Eye shadows: there are 56 shadows in this palette (1.25 grams each). They are comprised of all 16 eye shadow trios and the softbox quad and Stage one quad. This alone is a huge value, considering the size is larger than that of the trios and the quality is fantastic. I've tried most of the trios so far and They are richly pigmented and last all day. I get a ton of compliments on these shadows when I wear them to work.

Cream liners: You get 8 colors (.90 grams each) I'm kind of on the fence about these but so far they've given me quality results. I have a feeling that these are going to dry out soon but I feel like theyre a great way to try different shades of liner. These, too, are great quality. I've tried a few different colors and they stay all day without budging on both my waterline and lash line.

Brow tech powders and wax: The wax is great for setting your brow powder and the tech powders can mix to get your perfect color. i mixed the auburn and brunette to get the perfect shade for my red hair.

Blushes: includes two blushes (8.46 grams each). These blushes are huge... I have a feeling they are going to last me a while. Colors are posy pink and warm apricot. I've worn both on multiple occasions. They look very bright and clown like in the palette but i was pleasantly surprised that they go on pretty sheer and are pretty buildable without getting cakey.

Highlighters: There are 3 soft lights highlighters...pretty small, they look like they would be good for trying out. I have not been that impressed with thee. They're okay but nothing to brag about. They add a nice sheen but nothing too unique.

Lip glosses: There are 5 lip glosses in the palette. I like the range of colors, as they could be wearable on almost everyone but i'm just not a fan of palette glosses so I pretty much just overlooked these.

Overall, this is a great palette. The price is a bit much but i think it's definitely worth it for the amount of product you're getting. There are many many more hits than misses. Pretty much the only miss in here for me was the glosses but I saw that coming. I would certainly buy this again if given the chance. It really is an overall great value.