December 20, 2014 | 840 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nubian Heritage - Indian Hemp & Haitian Vetiver Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by meganhowdy

Best winter lotion ever! It's anti-inflammatory qualities help with chapped, irritated, blotchy skin and I love the smell!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

This is slightly much nicer fragrance than the Black Honey one. If that scent bothers you or you find it too much, i think this will be slightly better, although still heavily scented cream lotion. This texture is slightly more watery, which is what i get. Black Honey lotion is much more thicker. I don't know if the near expiration date got anything to do with it but that is what i get for each lotion, although it still have like a year plus away from been expired.

I used this on face but again, like the Black Honey, it will become waxy after some usage and causes acne for me. Nothing a scrub won't make waxy appearance better but i don't think i want to continue using this on my face since it causes acne. Thick cream, moisturizes well and cheap is why i give it 3 lippies.

Will be mixing this with Aloe Vera Gel or other unscented lotion and use this up along with the Black Honey on my body but won't repurchase since the thickness of the lotion, which is fine in Dec time rather than in June since my country climate is very humid and also the waxy feeling just doesn't make me feel comfortable enough but the most which i can't really tolerate is the scent. If you are not into heavily scented lotion type of person, then don't get this. I do like this scent but it can get too much after some usage...i only use this at bedtime yet i don't want to feel like I'm wearing perfume to bed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by shamrick27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this lotion! It has quality ingredients and a great smell. I have severely dry hands in the winter--they turn red, crack, and bleed. This is the first lotion I have used that kept my hands from doing this. I believe that shea butter is a key ingredient for the result. I also love raw shea butter, but it can be difficult to spread on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

This is an awesome lotion and the scent is absolutely AMAZING!!! It's freshness in a bottle, smells like fresh linen and summer breeze. Close to cucumbers. The first ingredient is Shea Butter. It smells SO good and leaves my skin so incredibly soft without being greasy. The consistency is so good, that I can almost eat this stuff. When squeezing the lotion out of the bottle, it felt like white ribbons were coming out. It's like butter without the greasiness. It's a top quality product, all natural. My skin loves this lotion, I will never try any other lotion after trying this stuff. I got mine at Vitamin Shoppe, they cary the entire Nubian line. Awesome product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by zayala

I've had this for some time, love both the scent and formula. Looking at ingredients I could tell the lotion was worth a try, however it was the scent that made me purchase. Super fresh, full, non synthetic fragrance. The formula is more on the thicker cream side vs. watered down (so you feel like you're getting a good value) the feel on skin is soft, penetrative and non-greasy.
I'm similar to the previous reviewer in thinking I may get too used to the scent after awhile and want to move on (as I seem to do) but I found recently this all natural scent layered well with a fragrance I wear that's on the fruitier side, so that kinda reignited the flame, makes me curious of the possibilities. Especially since I once received a comment from a guy that this scent is slightly masculine.. which I hadn't noticed until then! So while I don't think I'd consider it on the muskier side, I would consider it having a little depth, and not being your typical woman's/ expected floral, fruity or musky fragrance. Anyway 5/5 . Fresh scent & Excellent lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice lotion, very moisturizing without being greasy. It has a fresh/floral fragrance to it that lingers on the skin. I find that most of the Nubian Heritage lotions have a long lasting scent to them. I am not sure if I will repurchase as I can see myself getting sick of the scent over time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Indian Hemp & Haitian Vetiver Shea butter. I do not have the lotion but I will comment on the fragrance and texture of the shea.

I was getting bored with the usual shea butter concoction I usually use and saw Nubian Heritage. I have not read a poor review about them yet and they have so many options. I love vetiver so I decided to try.

The fragrance is so delicate and fresh. It is delicious! It is slightly sweet but not cloying. It lingers and make me wonder what that wonderful scent is. It contains shea butter, hemp seed oil, coconut oil, neem oil (can't smell it at all), vitamin e, and fragrance.

The texture of the shea is awesome. It is pure and melts at room temp. I put it in the fridge and it solidified but liquified 30 seconds after it was in my hand. It soaks in and does not leave a greasy feeling. My skin feels fabulous. I love coconut oil which this contains, but the shea butter melts faster than the coconut oil and does not leave any little pieces. I don't mind rubbing this on my neck or chest or near underarms because it has no harsh chemicals and is certified organic!

I will never go back to Bath and Body Works lotions or creams after using this. My skin drinks this up and looks so soft and smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This healed my sisters seasonal eczema that she gets in the summer. I used to make fun of her as a kid cause she had those dry scaley patches. The laughter ended when I started getting it too! Anyways I asked her how she got rid of it and she told me about this specific lotion and another one called neemaura or something and useing neem soap.Neem has anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties and smells so GROSS. Anyways i chose this one and am glad I did.bought from iherb and used a promo code to get it even cheaper. i have combination oily skin on my face with a stupid dry patch on my forehead. I also use this as a moisturizer after cleansing my face and wow it sure does leave a DEWY look.sooo nice.just use it with moderation or the dewiness wont show up. I use it every now and then only after exfoliating when going out and get compliments on my healthy skin.well this is what I use! :) to my surprise this smelled pretty good!!

UPDATE!! 12/5/12

THIS STUFF KINDA BURNS MY FACE AT THE MOMENT. I KNOW IT'S THE NEEM OIL DOING IT BUT OH GOODNESS WOULD NOT RECOMMEND FOR DRY FLAKY SKIN THATS CHAPPED FROM THE COLDER SEASON.I'll stick to using this on my eczema breakouts and as a luxurious summer moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is incredibly hydrating and smoothing! I've been on the hunt for a body cream to soften and protect my skin without all the chemical extras and Nubian Heritage does it all. It's a perfect body and hand lotion - keep a bottle of this at your desk because it's so wonderful on the hands. One small pea-size will sink in quickly and leave your hands hydrated, glowing, and non-greasy. It has hemp seed oil, which provides omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, plus shea butter, cocoa butter, mango seed butter, and neem oil. Note: This lotion does NOT smell like neem oil!! I have straight neem oil in my cabinet and very familiar with its icky garlic grass odor. No trace of neemy stink here!
The texture is thick for a lotion; it feels closer to a body butter than the way traditional lotions feel. Your skin will feel smooth and natural if you apply a small amount to showered-wet/damp skin, leaving yourself to air-dry, and applying it on dry skin using a greater amount will leave a residual waxy-lotion feel.
I expected the scent to be herbal but it has a definite honeysuckle fragrance. The vetiver dies off quickly, leaving the honeysuckle extract to linger for hours. It's not very strong but fyi to anyone on the fence over floral fragrances as honeysuckle is quite sweet and bright (what my mom would call "piercing" - she feels the same way over jasmine and gardenia).
You can find Nubian Heritage at The Vitamin Shoppe and at online e-tailers. $10.99 for 13 fl. oz. at The Vitamin Shoppe. continued >>