Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb

4.4

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't get it. Everyone online seems to really like this scent but I hated the scent. I got a sample of it and it just smelled so awful. I let two of my friends also try it and they hated the smell as well. I mightve gotten a bad sample or something.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a tiny intro/trial size of this and I'm surprised by how heady, sexy, spicy (yeah, the name should have been a tip-off, but still) and exotic this is. It really is a perfect fall/winter fragrance for both men and women. You wouldn't expect something "unisex" also to be sexy for women but there is something earth/animalistic in this scent that makes it so provocative. It reminds me a bit of Tom Ford's fragrances but it's much less pricey. I will definitely buy a full size of this beauty.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Perfect Fall/Winter fragrance, for men or women in my opinion. I occasionally like wearing men's frags. Hah i called it a frag, and the bottle is in the shape of a grenade get it. Upon initially spraying, it smells of tea (the bergamot note), cinnamon, and slightly peppery, definitely spicy. I love this stage. In the middle notes, it starts smelling somewhat "soapy" on me. But the dry down is my favorite, as it starts smelling sweet and almost vanilla-like on me (although inexplicably that's not one of the notes; it might be the citrus causing this, and the tobacco) while retaining it's spiciness, and this is my favorite stage.

Spicebomb lasts a really long time on me as well (like all day), so that's perfect. I know this gets compared a lot to Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, so i got a sample of that, and i think initially they do smell similar, but the middle notes and dry down period is completely different in my opinion. The tobacco note is definitely stronger in Tobacco Vanille, and in the dry down it's not sweet at all to my nose; it remains masculine smellling throughout. I like Spicebomb better, and i'm glad about that too because i don't want to mortgage my house to buy Tobacco Vanille. Also, it didn't last as long on me as Spicebomb.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Ladies next time you go to the perfume counter take a smell of Spicebomb on yourself....if you like spicy, kind of oriental perfumes, this is delicious...it has apparently been reformulated and it seems like the reformulation is much more wearable for a woman.

Got a sample of this from Sephora and wore it for a week before realizing its 'Por Homme'. It is one of my favorite scents now and I'll definitely be buying some in the future.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this "men's" scent -- on myself! It's been one of my top faves this cold 2014-2015 winter, along with Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black and Coco Noir. They're all kind of related, I think -- along with Marc Jacobs Bang (which I also like and own), unisex Bond #9 I Love NY for All, Gucci Guilty Intense, EL Sensuous Noir, Black Orchid -- I feel they fit into the same general fragrance family.

I seem to love most of the dark "noir" spicy-woody-incensy-musky types of fragrance (also including Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDT & Musc Intense, as well as the ones I mentioned above).

By Viktor & Rolf, launched in 2012 -- for Men -- here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Bergamot, Grapefruit, Pink pepper
Heart Notes - Chili, Saffron, Cinnamon
Base Notes - Leather, Tobacco, Vetiver

Spicebomb actually is *spicy* -- moreso than woody. It's peppery-spicy, and dries down slightly sweet on my skin. Expensive, but It's strong -- a little spritz goes a long way, so even a small bottle will last a long time. Bottle isn't see-through, so the scent should be protected from light damage.

I like this soooooooo much better than V&R Flowerbomb! I've tried *very* hard to enjoy their big best-seller for ladies Flowerbomb (and smell-alike La Vie Est Belle too) -- and I've actually forced myself to wear these two and hoped to fall in love eventually, like everybody else has (it seems). But they're just too sweet for me (smell like a praline sugar-syrupy candy store) -- I much prefer to wear Spicebomb over Flowerbomb.

When I bought Spicebomb, I told the sales clerk at the register that I was buying it to wear myself, and she said, "It's a great scent -- a lot of women are buying & wearing this themselves."

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I work in a clinic and when a male patient walked in wearing this, I swear I nearly mounted him! it is divine!! Had to ask what it was. I subsequently went straight out to buy it for myself! Its heady, exotic, warm and sexy - perfect for a confident woman or man.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh.my.Goodness - this scent is heavenly. I can't stop smelling my wrists. I received a sample from Sephora and although its a men's cologne I think it's gorgeous and is the perfect unisex Autumn/ Winter scent. It's rich and peppery, but has a soft powdery finish that's comforting not feminine, more like smooth bourbon. Just lovely, you kind of just melt smelling it. Buy for yourself, buy for your man. You won't be sorry.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I tend to use men's colognes and this is one of them. It has a sexy, spicy, woodsy scent and doesn't hurt my nose like many women's perfumes do. Women love the smell and ask me all the time what perfume I am wearing and are surprised to learn that it is a men's cologne! Since I am awful at describing fragrances and distinguishing between the various notes, here is a description from the brand's website:

"A tailor-made grenade revisited for a burst of spices tamed by an enveloping freshness. The incendiary encounter between a heart of incandescent spices chilli and saffron with the all-masculine roundness of leather and tobacco, and the distinguished brute strength of vetiver and an explosive, fusing fresh zesty notes of bergamot and grapefruit."

This product is pricey at $85 for 1.7 fl. oz., but it is so worth it.

I love this smell on my husband, its so different, my favorite!! i love it so much i sometimes spray it on myself and then spray my perfume over the top so its not too manly.

Popular Fragrances