Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb

4.4

on 2/28/2015 8:52:00 PM

Got a sample of this from Sephora and wore it for a week before realizing its 'Por Homme'. It is one of my favorite scents now and I'll definitely be buying some in the future.

on 2/23/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this "men's" scent -- on myself! It's been one of my top faves this cold 2014-2015 winter, along with Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black and Coco Noir. They're all kind of related, I think -- along with Marc Jacobs Bang (which I also like and own), unisex Bond #9 I Love NY for All, Gucci Guilty Intense, EL Sensuous Noir, Black Orchid -- I feel they fit into the same general fragrance family.

I seem to love most of the dark "noir" spicy-woody-incensy-musky types of fragrance (also including Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDT & Musc Intense, as well as the ones I mentioned above).

By Viktor & Rolf, launched in 2012 -- for Men -- here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Bergamot, Grapefruit, Pink pepper
Heart Notes - Chili, Saffron, Cinnamon
Base Notes - Leather, Tobacco, Vetiver

Spicebomb actually is *spicy* -- moreso than woody. It's peppery-spicy, and dries down slightly sweet on my skin. Expensive, but It's strong -- a little spritz goes a long way, so even a small bottle will last a long time. Bottle isn't see-through, so the scent should be protected from light damage.

I like this soooooooo much better than V&R Flowerbomb! I've tried *very* hard to enjoy their big best-seller for ladies Flowerbomb (and smell-alike La Vie Est Belle too) -- and I've actually forced myself to wear these two and hoped to fall in love eventually, like everybody else has (it seems). But they're just too sweet for me (smell like a praline sugar-syrupy candy store) -- I much prefer to wear Spicebomb over Flowerbomb.

When I bought Spicebomb, I told the sales clerk at the register that I was buying it to wear myself, and she said, "It's a great scent -- a lot of women are buying & wearing this themselves."

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I work in a clinic and when a male patient walked in wearing this, I swear I nearly mounted him! it is divine!! Had to ask what it was. I subsequently went straight out to buy it for myself! Its heady, exotic, warm and sexy - perfect for a confident woman or man.

on 9/9/2014 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh.my.Goodness - this scent is heavenly. I can't stop smelling my wrists. I received a sample from Sephora and although its a men's cologne I think it's gorgeous and is the perfect unisex Autumn/ Winter scent. It's rich and peppery, but has a soft powdery finish that's comforting not feminine, more like smooth bourbon. Just lovely, you kind of just melt smelling it. Buy for yourself, buy for your man. You won't be sorry.

on 4/28/2014 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I tend to use men's colognes and this is one of them. It has a sexy, spicy, woodsy scent and doesn't hurt my nose like many women's perfumes do. Women love the smell and ask me all the time what perfume I am wearing and are surprised to learn that it is a men's cologne! Since I am awful at describing fragrances and distinguishing between the various notes, here is a description from the brand's website:

"A tailor-made grenade revisited for a burst of spices tamed by an enveloping freshness. The incendiary encounter between a heart of incandescent spices chilli and saffron with the all-masculine roundness of leather and tobacco, and the distinguished brute strength of vetiver and an explosive, fusing fresh zesty notes of bergamot and grapefruit."

This product is pricey at $85 for 1.7 fl. oz., but it is so worth it.

on 4/23/2014 12:00:00 PM

I love this smell on my husband, its so different, my favorite!! i love it so much i sometimes spray it on myself and then spray my perfume over the top so its not too manly.

on 4/11/2014 6:01:00 AM

Spice, amber, tobacco... This is perfume is sex in a bottle. For me at least. ;)

Yes, I know it's supposed to be for men, but rules are meant for breaking and this can smell gorgeous on a woman!

Unlike Flowerbomb, Spicebomb only comes in EDT so its staying power is not as good, which is a shame. Also the price is a bit hard on the pocket, but my god it's worth it..

The packaging, like Spicebomb, is gorgeous- the bottle is shaped as a grenade, with the "grenade pin" acting as a removable, open ring that keeps the perfume lid from being pushed down and sprayed (I hope that made sense!). It is adorned with a V&R charm that dangles.

So gorgeous, so dark, so sexy... Try it! ;)

on 4/5/2014 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Spicebomb is better than Flowerbomb. Flowerbomb's OK though.

on 2/25/2014 1:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Nicely spicy tobacco with almost wood notes. Spice, golden metallic cedar note and an almost crystallized amber like a lighter, less boozy version of Ambre Russe. Want.. Love it.

on 2/19/2014 8:58:00 AM

Something in this fragrance does not work at all with my body chemistry. When I sniffed the tester strip it was light yet spicy, a hint of cake and fruit. So then I got a sample size for SO but couldn't resist trying it on myself. After a couple of minutes all I can smell with this is off-gassing plastic. I can also immediately detect a sharp pungent leather note to it that hits me right in the sinuses and makes me feel nauseous.

On the right person I can imagine this to be fresh and captivating, but when I wear it my body chemistry turns this extremely artificial and plasticky. After about 30 mins I can barely detect a mix of woody vanilla and bergamot mixed with cedar. Very masculine but not in an overpoweringly strong way.

Overall I wouldn't want my SO to wear this fragrance as I can't stand the initial smell of it. Love the bottle though.

Popular Fragrances