September 30, 2014 | 1723 users online

Fragrances - Viktor & Rolf - Spicebomb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh.my.Goodness - this scent is heavenly. I can't stop smelling my wrists. I received a sample from Sephora and although its a men's cologne I think it's gorgeous and is the perfect unisex Autumn/ Winter scent. It's rich and peppery, but has a soft powdery finish that's comforting not feminine, more like smooth bourbon. Just lovely, you kind of just melt smelling it. Buy for yourself, buy for your man. You won't be sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by carissytine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tend to use men's colognes and this is one of them. It has a sexy, spicy, woodsy scent and doesn't hurt my nose like many women's perfumes do. Women love the smell and ask me all the time what perfume I am wearing and are surprised to learn that it is a men's cologne! Since I am awful at describing fragrances and distinguishing between the various notes, here is a description from the brand's website:

"A tailor-made grenade revisited for a burst of spices tamed by an enveloping freshness. The incendiary encounter between a heart of incandescent spices chilli and saffron with the all-masculine roundness of leather and tobacco, and the distinguished brute strength of vetiver and an explosive, fusing fresh zesty notes of bergamot and grapefruit."

This product is pricey at $85 for 1.7 fl. oz., but it is so worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by sophiebo88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this smell on my husband, its so different, my favorite!! i love it so much i sometimes spray it on myself and then spray my perfume over the top so its not too manly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

Spice, amber, tobacco... This is perfume is sex in a bottle. For me at least. ;)

Yes, I know it's supposed to be for men, but rules are meant for breaking and this can smell gorgeous on a woman!

Unlike Flowerbomb, Spicebomb only comes in EDT so its staying power is not as good, which is a shame. Also the price is a bit hard on the pocket, but my god it's worth it..

The packaging, like Spicebomb, is gorgeous- the bottle is shaped as a grenade, with the "grenade pin" acting as a removable, open ring that keeps the perfume lid from being pushed down and sprayed (I hope that made sense!). It is adorned with a V&R charm that dangles.

So gorgeous, so dark, so sexy... Try it! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Spicebomb is better than Flowerbomb. Flowerbomb's OK though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Nicely spicy tobacco with almost wood notes. Spice, golden metallic cedar note and an almost crystallized amber like a lighter, less boozy version of Ambre Russe. Want.. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

Something in this fragrance does not work at all with my body chemistry. When I sniffed the tester strip it was light yet spicy, a hint of cake and fruit. So then I got a sample size for SO but couldn't resist trying it on myself. After a couple of minutes all I can smell with this is off-gassing plastic. I can also immediately detect a sharp pungent leather note to it that hits me right in the sinuses and makes me feel nauseous.

On the right person I can imagine this to be fresh and captivating, but when I wear it my body chemistry turns this extremely artificial and plasticky. After about 30 mins I can barely detect a mix of woody vanilla and bergamot mixed with cedar. Very masculine but not in an overpoweringly strong way.

Overall I wouldn't want my SO to wear this fragrance as I can't stand the initial smell of it. Love the bottle though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried this because I was buying the Flowerbomb. Wow! A true unisex scent that works wonders on either sex. Love how it smells on my man and he loves it on me! Complex sweet-spice layers that smell divine, ending with leather-tobacco. Wish it was made in an EDP, body lotion/cream, and powder. The aftershave lotion has low alcohol content so I tried it as a body lotion but not quite moisturising enough. Will be great in the summer as it has a powdery finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by jennc91

Delicious! One of the best men cologne I've ever smelled. Too bad its a bit pricey

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by songy67

If anyone has encountered Diptyque's Volutes - Spicebomb is a sweeter, less smoky, more tame version. This fragrance embodies Autumn. The spicy cinnamon pairs perfectly with the sweetness of bergamot and the drydown suggests a hint of vetiver and tobacco. It reminds me of pumpkin pie and multicolored leaves and small gusts of cool wind stirring through your hair. It's gorgeous and perfectly unisex as well.