April 18, 2014 | 2042 users online

Fragrances - Viktor & Rolf - Spicebomb

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

Spice, amber, tobacco... This is perfume is sex in a bottle. For me at least. ;)

Yes, I know it's supposed to be for men, but rules are meant for breaking and this can smell gorgeous on a woman!

Unlike Flowerbomb, Spicebomb only comes in EDT so its staying power is not as good, which is a shame. Also the price is a bit hard on the pocket, but my god it's worth it..

The packaging, like Spicebomb, is gorgeous- the bottle is shaped as a grenade, with the "grenade pin" acting as a removable, open ring that keeps the perfume lid from being pushed down and sprayed (I hope that made sense!). It is adorned with a V&R charm that dangles.

So gorgeous, so dark, so sexy... Try it! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Spicebomb is better than Flowerbomb. Flowerbomb's OK though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Nicely spicy tobacco with almost wood notes. Spice, golden metallic cedar note and an almost crystallized amber like a lighter, less boozy version of Ambre Russe. Want.. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

Something in this fragrance does not work at all with my body chemistry. When I sniffed the tester strip it was light yet spicy, a hint of cake and fruit. So then I got a sample size for SO but couldn't resist trying it on myself. After a couple of minutes all I can smell with this is off-gassing plastic. I can also immediately detect a sharp pungent leather note to it that hits me right in the sinuses and makes me feel nauseous.

On the right person I can imagine this to be fresh and captivating, but when I wear it my body chemistry turns this extremely artificial and plasticky. After about 30 mins I can barely detect a mix of woody vanilla and bergamot mixed with cedar. Very masculine but not in an overpoweringly strong way.

Overall I wouldn't want my SO to wear this fragrance as I can't stand the initial smell of it. Love the bottle though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried this because I was buying the Flowerbomb. Wow! A true unisex scent that works wonders on either sex. Love how it smells on my man and he loves it on me! Complex sweet-spice layers that smell divine, ending with leather-tobacco. Wish it was made in an EDP, body lotion/cream, and powder. The aftershave lotion has low alcohol content so I tried it as a body lotion but not quite moisturising enough. Will be great in the summer as it has a powdery finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by jennc91

Delicious! One of the best men cologne I've ever smelled. Too bad its a bit pricey

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by songy67

If anyone has encountered Diptyque's Volutes - Spicebomb is a sweeter, less smoky, more tame version. This fragrance embodies Autumn. The spicy cinnamon pairs perfectly with the sweetness of bergamot and the drydown suggests a hint of vetiver and tobacco. It reminds me of pumpkin pie and multicolored leaves and small gusts of cool wind stirring through your hair. It's gorgeous and perfectly unisex as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by blueelm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a well thought out high end version of some of my favorite bay rum type fragrances. In a strange way, this is almost a historic fragrance, like some one decided to do a steampunk mod on men's fragrances. This is an excellent example of a unisex scent, though it's marketed toward men. I love the bottle, though some probably find it cheesy. It's not elegant, but it's clever and unique.

I remember smelling it when it first came out, and I longed for some one around me to be willing to wear it. Then I bought some figuring I could just spray it in the room (it actually does make a great room scent too). Now I wear this because it honestly makes me feel powerful and sexy, while still feeling jubilant. It lacks the opulent notes in something classically oriental like Amouage Gold, and it also the almost tortuous sophistication. This is only a negative if you go into the fragrance expecting that, which is why the bottle works for me. You are buying a glass pun, after all. I'd still see this more as a spicy oriental than as a gourmand.

I find it interesting that this Spicebomb manages to balance notes that seem strongly masculine (traditional woods and spices) with what I would summarize as "OMG CHRISTMAS CAKE!!!") It really is the perfect counterpart to Flowerbomb, and it should be noted that Spicebomb is no less sweet. It opens with tons of citrus-spice held together with rich gourmand vanilla.

There is a point where I do feel a bit like I smell as if I bathed in red-hots, then it settles down to a more sedate cedar note. The vanilla becomes more dry, more leathery. The spice settles in with some woody scent and a musk that lends a hint of powdery softness. I'm a big believer in treating most fragrances as unisex. Many men smell wonderful in a light clean floral, for instance. I wouldn't hesitate to try spice bomb if you are a woman who loves big spicy orientals but finds most gourmands a bit too much like pudding. For me the gourmand phase doesn't last very long, so I get more dry spice and musk.

The big secret reveal at the end of this fragrance is what makes it brilliant in my book. After all that sweet spice dries down you have the most gentle leathery vanilla musk left on the skin. It leaves a clean skin musk where I really would not have expected it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Spicebomb is my new favorite scent on my husband. Whenever he wears this, I catch myself following him around and trying to smell him. It's such an attractive, complex, interesting fragrance.

The smell of Spicebomb reminds me of a dark, evil apple pie - thickly sweet and sensually spicy, layered over the dark, warm, rich base notes, which is mostly vetiver and warm tobacco with a hint of leather to my nose. It smells very exotic, and something about the mix of sweet spices and dark base notes is just unbelievably sexy to me.

On me, this doesn't smell as complex and sort of fades into a muddled sweetness, but it smells like magic on my husband. I worry that I'm going to start following him around and jumping him like the women in Axe commercials. It isn't my husband's favorite fragrance (he worried that it smelled a little too sweet and 'girly,' which I don't get at all), but he has started wearing it after he realized how much I, um, love it on him.

I think that Spicebomb is one of the most interesting, unique perfume releases to come out in a long while. I'm so glad to see a men's fragrance that really departs from sweet citrus and watery notes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Whoa, "Spicebomb" is right on the money! It's is very sharp and pungent, and smells almost.... edible. After a few seconds I started sneezing. If you like Opium, you'll probably like this scent. It's just way to busy and strong for me.