October 22, 2014 | 926 users online

Hair Treatments - Frederic Fekkai - Protein RX Anti-Breakage Treatment Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use a masque every time I wish my hair and this is the best I've found yet. Nothing beats it for making my hair soft, and manageable to blow dry. It does not weigh down my hair and does not change or destroy the color. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Xenu

Hands down the best repair treatment for damaged, lifeless, frizzy hair. My hair suffered significant damage after color and highlighting treatments, not to mention heat. After 3 uses my hair is super shiny, soft, and the frizz is gone. My regimen is: shampoo & rinse, apply the mask generously and saturate all the hair. Put a shower cap on, then wrap in a towel. Keep on for at least 1 hour. Rinse with luke warm - cool water. I do this twice a week, until my hair strenghtens then I only do it once a week, and eventually once every 2 weeks. The longer you use it, the stronger and healthier your hair will become. I have been using this product on and off for 3 years. This is my go to product whenever my hair needs major repair. And the smell is fantastic, my husband loves it.

I've tried several products from Kerastase and found that they only work for about a month, and then stop working. Oleo Relax seemed to work best, but that was short-term. Then it turned my hair extrimely freezy and left a lingering sewage water smell. Even my husband complained how much it stinks. On top of that, zero long term repair. Also, Kerastase cost me about 40% more, what a waste of money. Never again will I go back.

Just a general rule of thumb when it comes to any hair product - if you want the original product buy only from authorized salons or brand's website. Otherwise you will not get the same product, and will wonder why it doesn't do what it says it does. Popular drugstores and retair stores will sell them at a lower price, but you will get a tempered or old product that will be significantly different than the original.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this in a recent Ulta order. It included the Shampoo, Conditioner and this Mask. This entire line did not work for my hair. I was expecting great results, but my hair actually felt gross after using each product. I let the mask sit in my hair for about 5 minutes while in the shower. My hair did not feel smooth or soft, and upon styling my wet hair (scrunching) it felt sort of gummy. My curls looked dried out after my hair air dryed. I would not purchase this mask or the other products in this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG I love this stuff. So after years of coloring and abusing my hair one day I noticed that a huge chunk BROKE OFF my hair. I mean, I didn`t notice it breaking off, it was just simply not there anymore. On top of my head. Omg, I freaked out. And searched the net and find the Fekkai Protein RX line and got the shampoo. That was absolutely amazing from the first use. I got the conditioner, good stuff and whehn I use them up, I got this to do deep treatments. (The shampoo and this mask is my favorite from all the Fekkai products!!!) This mask smells amazing, warm vanilla. Also has a really lovely texture. It makes your hair soooo soft and I do believe they really worked as that chunk on top of my hair is now down to my shoulder! Yay! My hair is in a pretty good condition now, but I will repurchase this over and over and keep doing protein treatments once a week! If you have breakage, don`t panic, just get the Protein RX shampoo and this, and it will transform your hair!!! Now, if you keep using it a lot, like any protein at one point it will build up, your hair will have enough of it. You will notice it because suddenly your hair will be straw like and dry. It is not because of the products stopped working, but you have to back off a bit and use a good moisture shampoo/conditioner a couple of times, and start alternating between the two. :-) (Best moisture stuff: Pureology!) ...:-)))

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I consider this a light protein treatment, but it still works wonderfully. It gives my curls good bounce and shine and smells good to my nose. I just scoop a small amount and let it marinate in my hair while I'm in the shower for ten minutes to fifteen minutes, rinse out, and style as usual. It seems to work better with heat though. I like masks that can do a good job on its own. However I can see a lot of hair types using this. The only thing is that it's bit on the pricey side. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Laurendall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been working abroad which has led to me visiting a different colorist than my usual - big mistake. After paying a large amount of money for over processed hair I ran screaming to sephora to find something to salvage the mess.

Before using this I was scared to brush, let alone style my hair. This has transformed it into as soft as is possible just now and has restored shine. I can't wait to use it when I'm back with my regular guy - my hair will be awesome

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

One of the most effective hairmasks I've ever tried. I recently moved to Spain from Denmark. In Denmark our water is very soft and clean, which means it could never dry out your hair the same way as the water does here in Spain. It's filled with chlorine and it dries out my skin and hair really seriously. Luckily the women at Sephora recommended me this one and it saved my hair!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by kris0716

Great protein treatment! My hair was super soft and strong again! I have blonde hair and needed something to rebuild the strength into my hair. It did just that. Typically when I blow dry my hair I lose a lot of hair. If it continues to keep my hair from breaking and me from losing more hair, there's no doubt that I'll keep using this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2012 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Sophisticate

After I read the reviews here I went and bought it... Makes me wonder about who's actually writing these reviews. DID NOTHING FOR ME, except for the nice milky smell and a brand name, you're paying high bucks for NOTHING. Just the brand. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product works great on my hair to counteract damage. I am growing out my hair but I can't seem to kick the flat-iron habit, and since using this treatment I've noticed that my hair doesn't break as easily and feels a lot stronger. I only use a little bit once a week (I use Redken heavy cream on other days as a conditioning treatment) any more than that would be a protein overload for my hair. I bought it for $33 from ebeauty.ca: http://bit.ly/uzhNrQ which has free shipping if you're in Canada. So price-wise it's comparable to some other higher-end brands like moroccanoil, but it works way better, at least for my hair.