August 20, 2014 | 2156 users online

Moisturizers - EltaMD - PM Therapy Facial Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this for a couple of weeks, so will update after some time passes.

What prompted me to go ahead and review it now, rather than later, was seeing that "Paula's Choice Beautypedia" only gave it an average rating, and clearly stated that the rating was this low, not due to its ingredients,but rather because it balls up on the skin during application.

She goes so far as to call it a "significant problem". Well, it has not pilled or balled up in the least for me. Not a teensy bit. I was surprised to read her take on it.

Directions state to apply to damp skin...

This product is fragrance free, has a great airless pump dispenser, contains niacinamide, and I like it A LOT! I just haven't used it long enough to review its effectiveness with continued use is all.

[UPDATE]

I continued to like this quite well. No criticism. Its not heavy enough for me to use as a nighttime moisturizer in winter though, and am using Embryolisse Laite Creme, which I use sparingly during the day under makeup, I've just been using a heavier layer of it at night.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by smhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this last year about the time it was introduced. I didn't experience any irritation from the niacinamide, but hated how this pills on my skin. I would apply a light layer and still experience pilling, which leads me to believe it wasn't absorbing into the skin. It has an impressive amount of niacinamide, but not like NIA24's SSC of 5%. I bought the AM Therapy at the same time and use them both for my neck and chest area. It's back to the NIA24 SSC for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Received a sample of this through an on-line purchase of some other beauty products. Resulted in a purchase of the full-size. This moisturizer is just what I was looking for. Something that would make my skin dewy, soft and vibrant (who doesn't want that?). I wake up with skin that has bounced back from any abuse it's taken during the day be it dehydration, drying sunscreen products/makeup or sun. Price was only $33 CAN and 20% off is often offered making it $26.40!!! Excellent product, fabulous price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this moisturizer. It seemed like it would be the perfect nighttime moisturizer paired with the Elta MD UV Clear SPF 46 that I use during the day. It looked so ideal for my sensitive, combination, clog-prone skin. But alas, it just didn't work great for me. It irritates my skin (I would blame the niacinamide, but I tolerate that fine in the UV Clear and in other products), it sometimes doesn't feel quite hydrating enough (on cold, dry winter days), and it sometimes seems to cause a bit of clogging. I love the airless pump packaging, but having two Elta MD products with nearly identical packaging means that I occasionally have grabbed the wrong product, which is frustrating. Overall, my search for the perfect moisturizer continues.

Ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Niacinamide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Linoleic Acid, 1-3-Bis (N-2-(Hydroxyethyl) Palmitoylamino) -2- Hydroxy Propane, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycereth-26, Cetearyl Glucoside, Thioctic Acid, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Bisulfite, Sodium Hydroxide.