EltaMD PM Therapy Facial Moisturizer

4.4

on 1/25/2015 11:27:00 AM

Like the other reviewers below, I have highly sensitive but dry skin that clogs at the drop of a hat. This is the only moisturizer other than the EltaMD AM Therapy moisturizer and EltaMD post procedure balm/melting balm that works for me and that I can use without fearing clogging or product reaction. For others who are sensitive to cyclopentasiloxane or niacinamide I don't think it would work. It is not very heavy, perhaps not as heavy as a nighttime moisturizer should be, but definitely provides enough coverage and moisturizing enough to counteract winter weather. At night I sometimes layer it under the EltaMD post procedure balm or a facial oil in areas where I am less clog prone and also dry, like the forehead and around the eyes. I go through it like water, unfortunately -- a bottle every three months -- but I think it's worth the expense to not worry about breakouts and to counteract the little fine lines that result from surface dryness. With this moisturizer, my skin is noticeably more plump, luminous, and has more clarity.

on 12/22/2014 7:37:00 PM

I LUV this stuff. I have rosacea and EltaMD products are the only ones that I've found that don't irritate it. I use the AM, PM and broad spectrum sunscreen and my skin looks moist and feels soft. Though these products are primarily sold by dermatologists, they are less than you will pay for Olay and other drugstore products. My dermatologist sells them for $30 each but you can find it online for a little less.

on 11/19/2014 10:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This has been my HG moisturizer for several months now. My skin is sensitive to fatty alcohols (cetaryl alcohol, etc.), acne prone (thank you based gods for adult acne), oily during the summer, and dry during the winter. It's difficult and I've spent a lot of money finding products that work for me.

This does it. It also has helped a lot with my acne scarring due to the niaminicide. Some people do say it pills, but I have not found this to be the case. After use in the morning on damp skin, I do whatever around the house for ten minutes and then put on makeup. Absolutely no problems. Maybe people aren't giving it time to absorb completely, but who knows.

Now that it's cold out again, I've only been using this in the morning and have been trying out EltaMD's Intense Moisturizer at night. So far, so good! I have had good luck with this line.

on 10/3/2013 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only been using this for a couple of weeks, so will update after some time passes.

What prompted me to go ahead and review it now, rather than later, was seeing that "Paula's Choice Beautypedia" only gave it an average rating, and clearly stated that the rating was this low, not due to its ingredients,but rather because it balls up on the skin during application.

She goes so far as to call it a "significant problem". Well, it has not pilled or balled up in the least for me. Not a teensy bit. I was surprised to read her take on it.

Directions state to apply to damp skin...

This product is fragrance free, has a great airless pump dispenser, contains niacinamide, and I like it A LOT! I just haven't used it long enough to review its effectiveness with continued use is all.

[UPDATE]

I continued to like this quite well. No criticism. Its not heavy enough for me to use as a nighttime moisturizer in winter though, and am using Embryolisse Laite Creme, which I use sparingly during the day under makeup, I've just been using a heavier layer of it at night.

on 9/18/2012 9:54:00 AM

I bought this last year about the time it was introduced. I didn't experience any irritation from the niacinamide, but hated how this pills on my skin. I would apply a light layer and still experience pilling, which leads me to believe it wasn't absorbing into the skin. It has an impressive amount of niacinamide, but not like NIA24's SSC of 5%. I bought the AM Therapy at the same time and use them both for my neck and chest area. It's back to the NIA24 SSC for me.

on 9/2/2012 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Received a sample of this through an on-line purchase of some other beauty products. Resulted in a purchase of the full-size. This moisturizer is just what I was looking for. Something that would make my skin dewy, soft and vibrant (who doesn't want that?). I wake up with skin that has bounced back from any abuse it's taken during the day be it dehydration, drying sunscreen products/makeup or sun. Price was only $33 CAN and 20% off is often offered making it $26.40!!! Excellent product, fabulous price!

on 3/11/2012 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this moisturizer. It seemed like it would be the perfect nighttime moisturizer paired with the Elta MD UV Clear SPF 46 that I use during the day. It looked so ideal for my sensitive, combination, clog-prone skin. But alas, it just didn't work great for me. It irritates my skin (I would blame the niacinamide, but I tolerate that fine in the UV Clear and in other products), it sometimes doesn't feel quite hydrating enough (on cold, dry winter days), and it sometimes seems to cause a bit of clogging. I love the airless pump packaging, but having two Elta MD products with nearly identical packaging means that I occasionally have grabbed the wrong product, which is frustrating. Overall, my search for the perfect moisturizer continues.

Ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Niacinamide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Linoleic Acid, 1-3-Bis (N-2-(Hydroxyethyl) Palmitoylamino) -2- Hydroxy Propane, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycereth-26, Cetearyl Glucoside, Thioctic Acid, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Bisulfite, Sodium Hydroxide.