September 22, 2014 | 1949 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Catrice - Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Tiffyxoxo

It does do it's work. It blurs out my pores and any lines. It's still visible though. After applying it, my face feels super smooth :-) It feels like spreading butter which is not oily. It does help my foundation to apply better. It doesn't really help my make up stay longer, but maybe it's just the mixture of products I have on? I do use setting powder. I have used l'oreal true match bb cream, garnier bb cream and revlon new complexion foundation with this. I feel that is decent considering the price of 10SGD or so. However, I feel that it's not very hygenic... Sure I sanitise my hands before application, however I find this pacakaging is a no from me. It's not a HG product for me but probably a cheap alternative! Hope this helped :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by katerepej

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product was a huge let down for me as I really wanted to like it.
As a primer, it probably does its job decently. It smoothed out my pores and it felt really nice on my skin, kind of silky.
However, it broke out my acne-prone skin madly. My skin haven't been this bad for years.
Would not recommend and definitely not repurchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by EllyDee73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Fantastic product, I hope it never gets discontinued. Excellent value for money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by MikaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

THEWORST THING i have EVER had on my face!!!
This will enhance durability of foundation and boost makeup colours, blur pores BUT It broke me out madly as it has 3 highly comedogenic ingredients among first 7 ingredients on the list.
I only used it twice & i wouldn't give it even to my worst enemy!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have bought this mainly because it was cheap (compared to L'oreal) so I gave it a try. I agree that it's pretty much pink silicone, which smooths out your skin. I haven't experienced any clogged pores, mainly because I make sure to clean my face properly every evening. It didn't break me out or anything, but I can't say it helps my face and make-up in any way. Actually it doesn't work with my make-up. I can imagine it would work under liquid foundation, but mixed with my Max Factor facefinity compact, it looks gross. My powder foundation doesn't hold on this primer. After a few hours it turns into a greasy mess that can't be fixed with another layer of the powder. It still looks cakey and greasy under the 2nd layer. And what I like about my MF facefinty is that it looks natural no matter how many layers I put on. I am disappointed by this product but it did no harm to me (no blemishes or irritation). I don't have experience with liquid foundation. So if you have less oily skin than me and like to experiment, I suggest you try it because it's still a lot cheaper than L'oreal which will give you pretty much the same result.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by lilslondon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really do like this primer alot i just wish u didnt have to keep dipping ur finger into the pot because im really a but picky when it comes to things being clean especially around my face as i am prone to spots. It comes at a great price and I have become a big fan of catrice products. I would give it a go its very soft and feels great on your skin

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Enkida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is basically a pot of silicone with a slight pink tint to it, that turns transparent once on the face. It smooths out pores and lines just as well - or poorly - as most other "pot of silicon" primers (think L'Oreal) for a generally much cheaper price than competitors. If you want to try an opaque cream silicon primer as a switch to the usual tubes of clear gel silicon primers, this is definitely one to go for. That being said, its stated purpose is to smooth fine lines; for me that reads "marketed for older women." Older women tend to have drier skin, and this primer is very drying on the skin. I have to moisturize well underneath it to feel comfortable. Altogether it just seems like a useless product, whereas an Asian high PPD sunscreen would have the same "priming" effect, provide sun protection, and be more moisturizing by comparison. If you are sensitive to silicones, stay away from this one for sure; if you have dry skin, consider skipping primers completely, and think twice about this one if you don't want to. If you have oily skin and/or are a younger woman, I highly recommend investing in a good Asian sunscreen instead of a silicone based primer, as they provide the same results with more benefits. In fact, the only people I would recommend this product to are those on a tight budget who absolutely feel they require a primer to have makeup last longer, and are not sensitive to silicon. If you do use it, make sure you take it off completely at the end of the day, as silicon can clog your pores nastily if you leave it on for too long (hence the "pore smoothing" effect, you actually are filling them with temporary "face spackle"). Of course this particular critique is not unique to Catrice's primer alone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, first I must say it is dirt cheap product (4€) and I'm still afraid of using it. I'm doing a research now because some of my new products broke me out badly. It may be this one. Btw... the texture is good, my skin is smooth after the application, but I can't definitely tell it helps my foundation to stay in place. After a few hours my skin looked a little bit greasy and oily, so not worth it. If you want to spend your money, just give a try, maybe it will work better for your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by wasabi000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

!THIS IS WORTH TRYING OUT!
Now, to be a little bit more civilized, here are my thoughts on this primer.

The product is in a small pot with wide opening so you won't sweat when trying to get it out. As for hygiene, I believe we all start our makeup routine with clean hands so there's no need for digusted looks.
It has a cream/mousse texture with slight pink undertones but it goes translucent once applied. To me it doesn't smell at all.
Small amount is enough to cover the entire face.
It doesn't leave any kind of oily-looking residue, perhaps a satin finish?
And the most important quality: yes, it certainly does fill out small pores and lines but it is important not to expect airbrushed look. It also helps the foundation to stay on longer.
To conclude, I like this very much but might try a different brand as well just to make things interesting :D.
So if you are eyeing primers in general but:
a, don't want to buy a cheap one that could put you off using them all
b, don't want to feel guilty about picking more pricey brand and not liking it, Catrice will solve that for you. They are overall a great choice if you want solid products without emptying your wallet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Fairangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never had any experience with primers when I bought this one. I didn't even know about its function. I bought it because it was very cheap and for that matter I felt it was worth a try.
Now it is part of my every make-up routine! It really makes the skin feel smooth and perfect. I'd really want to advice others to use this before applying foundation.