July 24, 2014 | 2075 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Hard Candy - Eye'm Tired Eye Gel De-Puffer

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

This is a step up from the old frozen spoon trick! "Brooke does this every morning, & she still has huge bags." I like Eye'm Tired a lot & that's when I use it - when I'm tired. I don't know why, but my face occasionally swells overnight. Anyway, this is the perfect product to help with under-eye puffiness. I didn't think this would work as it's from Walmart & $5, but I figured I'd give it a try.

I didn't notice a difference right away, but I did see de-puffing & firming by the time I finished putting the rest of my makeup on. I don't think my skin was brightened though. If I'm not in a rush, what I do is roll the tube around between my hands to warm it up, squeeze the tube slightly so I see a little bit of product on the side of the metal balls, then apply from the inner to outer corners of both eyes. It does take a little while to dry/set so don't touch or squint your eyes until you're sure it's ready. There has been a few times where I noticed a clear film residue, probably because I put too much on. If you have under-eye lines or bags, I'd suggest thing. If you're trying to use this to lighten or conceal under-eye circles or darkness, use something else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Eye'm tired is no different from any of the other million roller ball eye products I've purchased or tried, which run the gamut from Clinique to garnier. This is a good thing for me, because I love rollerball eye treatments, but they tend to be the same overall--the main difference, in my experience, is the cost. If your undereye puffiness is due largely to late nights, too little sleep, or excess salt, you'll do well by this product. If you have hereditary bags, no, I don't think a $5 eye treatment is going to solve your problems (nor do I think you should expect it to, honestly.)

Anyone who loves rollerball eye products should definitely try this--it contains caffeine, the main ingredient in similar treatments like garnier's. Definitely recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by AnzisAmazing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

:( I really was hoping this product would work for me because I haaaaate my under eye bags, and it had such great reviews here... Unfortunately this product does nothing for me. Im actually considering drastic measures like fillers because they are pretty bad.. I guess the reviewer beneath me is right why it might not work for younger consumers. Ive had my bags as long I can remember. In high School my teachers would ask me if i slept that night :/
Dont worry Hard Candy, I still love you :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by dokey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok everyone, this product is fantastic! You're forewarned, this is a VERY long review because I wanted to clearly cover what this product does for me and why others might not have liked it. I've read all the reviews and want to talk about the whole 1) "it doesn't depuff my eyes" and 2) "it doesn't lighten my dark circles" thing.
1) if you are under 30 or so, it probably won't make much of a noticeable difference to you. Well because, face it, your skin is young and tight, so the bags are made of tissue. Kind of like you can't easily shrink your cheeks or chin, unless your weight changes. For younger folks, Eye 'Em Tired may reduce your bags somewhat IF it's because of fluid retention from a late night out or from allergies. Otherwise, it's def not going to take away your under eye bag, you're either born with them or not.
BUT, if you're getting older and your skin is starting to loosen, then YES this will definitely help. I'm closer to 50 than 40, oh my god...and was born with a prominent eye socket and very fragile skin under the eye. You know that 'chicken skin''? Well I've got it, always have. Also so fair that veins show on lids and blue/purple shadows are in the inner corners too. Lucky me. Add in very sensitive skin, that gets irritated extremely easily and you may see why I might be overly enthusiastic about this product.
Picked it up yesterday, used this morning and wow!! Bags are MUCH smoother, way less puffy. I even used it on the creases going from nose to mouth. Holy crap!! Big difference. Not to say all creases are gone, but everything is softened and smoothed. I'm thinking 5-7 yrs off, with no exaggeration! FYI, people always think I'm in my late 30's...so I'm stoked over this product. (Hence the crazy long review.
2) Ok, the product says "BRIGHTENS", Not "Lightens". So, for those reviewers with dark under eye circles that were disappointed, it's completely understandable why the product did nothing. The brightening wording used in the advertising is a bit ambiguous. I'm thinking the company's view is: if your puffiness is dealt with, then you'll look more "bright eyed and bushy tailed"... In other words more awake.
- So there you have it...I HIGHLY recommend this product, surprised you, I know! Have used other rollerballs and many other eye products with very minimal results. This product delivers, I'm going to be using this everyday, with no irritation. And I'll cry if its discontinued! If you're not sure if this will work for you, the PRICE should sway you! It is so bloody cheap...Around $5.00 at Walmart ($4.90 or so before taxes). What, what what?? So, for the price of a large specialty coffee, just try it. Def amazing results!
**Ok, I just posted a before/after pic. Little embarrassed since I wanted to emphasize the bags and puffiness to the max on a bare face. Sorry the pics aren't super clear, used my phone and used natural light that kept changing. But you get the idea.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Rahkayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes yes, 1000 times yes! :-) My eyes look awake! I noticed that the dark circles under my eyes have diminished and there is no puffiness! It has three roller balls, is cool to the touch, and does not catch on skin. I look so much better and I use less concealer now! Great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by palewinterlegs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Like many other reviewers, I haven't found this to be a miracle product in terms of firming or de-puffing my undereyes, but I love the way it feels to apply and I do find it to be soothing in the morning. The other use I've found for it is as an eyeshadow primer. I know it's not designed for that purpose, but I used it in a pinch the other day and my eyeshadow looked brighter and stayed put all day! When I got home after an 8-hour workday my eyeshadow looked as pigmented and perfectly placed as when I left the house, no creasing or falling whatsoever! For the price, I think it's definitely worth it when it can double as a primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Heifersue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Everyone talks about it depuffing. I don't really need it to depuff and I'm sure it does that. But everyone says it has no firming qualities. I've never really paid attention before but I put it on after reading some reviews and it has CLEARLY firmed my undereye area. I have very thin under eyes, so much so that it makes my eyes look sunken in because the skin clings so closely like there is NO collagen under my eyes. I put this on and there is an incredible difference. I don't really know how to describe my undereye area before and after, Before: there is a very clear dip between my cheek and my eye. After, It is so much smoother of a transition. It's awesome!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I kept my over all rating at a 2 'cause others might like this. I have darkness in the corner of my eyes. I wanted it to help with that. I've bought the Garnier Roller ball thing before and it claimed to help that too. Both of these products are great for those who get puffy under eyes. I do not. I do not have anything close to that issue. I hate it when companies market stuff to combat puffiness to also combat darkness. I know this could work for others but for me it was $5 of worthless junk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hard Candy is the last brand that I ever thought I would buy a serum from, but on a trip to Walmart I caught a Hard Candy "Ultimate Essentials" gift set containing four deluxe sample size products and just couldn't say no. Hard Candy says that Eye'm Tired will "depuff, brighten, and firm" and describes this product as a "lightweight depuffing eye serum that cools and calms tired eyes". My mini tube of serum contains .38fl oz (10.8ml). I'm not sure how much product you get in a full size tube, but it retails for a very reasonable $5. Hard Candy is a former high end brand that is now sold exclusively at Walmart. Hard Candy products are cruelty free and made in the USA.
Eye'm Tired's packaging is actually kinda neat. I'm not sure if the full size product comes in the same style of packaging, but I hope it does. This serum comes in an opaque white tube. The product name and Hard Candy's logo and signature detailing adorn the front of the tube, and a fair amount of company info can be found on the back. Removing the twist on cap reveals a "trio of roller balls to massage away bags as it refreshes the eye area". The three roller balls are metal and have a cool feel to the skin. They roll easily and comfortably, never catching the skin of the very delicate eye area. I don't know if I'd say that these balls "massage" my eye area, but they feel interesting and make the product fun to use. These roller balls do not dispense the product themselves, you must lightly squeeze the tube before each use. I think having three small roller balls as opposed to the one large one found in Garnier's Eye Roller and other similar products makes Hard Candy's eye serum more gentle and efficient.
Like most serums, Eye'm tired is clear, thin and water. A little bit goes a long way, just a slight squeeze's worth of serum is enough for both eyelids. This depuffing eye serum sinks in pretty quickly. Word to the wise for fellow ladies with deep set eyes or monolids, keep your eyes shut as this stuff sinks in so that you don't get a line of serum deep in your crease that doesn't want to sink in. There are no immediate effects from Eye'm Tired, really it seems like nothing is happening at first, but suddenly, about 2-3 minutes after application..my under eye puffiness is completely gone. This stuff makes me look so much more awake. So Eye'm Tired definitely delivers in the depuffing department, but does it brighten? A little bit yeah. Firm? Not really, at least not enough for it to be noticeable. I use this serum every morning and occasionally at night in conjunction with Benefit's It's Potent! Eye Cream, which gives great results. Definitely a combo I recommend.
I'm really a fan of Hard Candy's Eye'm Tired Eye Depuffing Serum. I didn't expect much, but it certainly delivers on it's promises. This serum is super lightweight, quick to sink in, and it feels good on the skin. I think the packaging is innovative, practical, and portable. I'm so glad that I stumbled onto this product and will definitely be purchasing a full size tube. This product is certainly worth the $5 that Hard Candy is asking for. I recommend this product to anyone who suffers from a puffy eye area, whether it be from allergies or lack of sleep, or maybe if you just need a bit of help looking more awake in the mornings.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

sucks!
does nothing for puffiness its like putting water on your undereye
waste of money