October 2, 2014 | 962 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Mosaic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

Ok, this is not a current product so it would be hard to "buy it again" but if I ran out and found another deal like I did for this one on eBay, yeah, I'd get another one! Definitely! Late to the Guerlain Bronzer party, this is actually my first foray into that territory. Like any newbie, I googled for pictures and reviews and you can't help but find yourself staring at some of the older LE items, eyes glazed, jaw dropped open, drooling... Yeah, Mosaic is a beauty that has gold overspray that looks like stitches on an ornate quilt. On second thought, it kind of looks like a fancy cobblestone pattern. As my crazy brain happens to work, it typically zeros in on the LE item from a year or two ago (because you can always get the current one at another time, but THIS is special). After googling swatches, because you can't spend that kind of moola on a bronzer that won't work, I found a pretty sweet deal on eBay and made my move. As soon as I got it, I couldn't wait to try it on! As far as bronzers go, this seems on the deeper but neutral end. I'm a C3 and this is about as perfect as I've ever come to finding the perfect shade. After the gold overspray is removed, it gives the perfect "glow" (yeah, I know, everyone talks about it, but apparently, it's true!) I'm not a fan or orange or oily and this gives me neither. Just that healthy tanned skin with a subtle sheen kind of thing. I would imagine though that this could come off as muddy on lighter skin tones unless you used a very light hand. (It really depends on how your skin naturally tans, because even my twin sister and I tan slightly differently. She tends to carry more red than I do). This mimics what my natural tan tends to look like on the rest of my body (my neck and chest anyways as my legs seem to have missed the boat when it comes to having any melanin!). I also tend to be one who prefers to go slightly darker with my bronzer but use a lighter hand, because it looks more translucent and natural, as opposed to packing on a lighter shade which can look powdery or too opaque. I don't know how Guerlain does it, but they knocked this one out of the park as far as I'm concerned. I've also read/heard by some people/reviews/bloggers that Guerlain bronzers need to be used with their bronzer brushes. Poppycock! Go ahead if you want, but my MAC 138 is perfect for this and puts it exactly where I want it. I'm a self confessed bronzer fiend and this just made it's way to the head of the pack. Well played, Guerlian, well played!

I almost forgot to mention - this compact is almost a full ounce of product - 0.98oz to be exact. That's almost 3x what you get in your typical bronzer which is 0.35oz. The compact itself is large and slim, which is fine, but the plastic feels a little cheap for the quality of the bronzer and the see-through tan coloured lid, though it lets you peek inside at the glorious pattern of the product, just feels flimsy. This is not something that I would carry in my purse as I'd be too afraid that it would break. 3 lippies for packaging... but then I'd rather have a 10 dressed up as a 4 than the other way around, wouldn't you?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by premerald2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was lucky enought to swap for this item and I am so pleased. Really a lovely bronze colour, no orange on me. I have had that issue with most other bronzers I have tried, but not this one. For reference, I am fair, about nw15 in Mac, also wear F&B in C1. It is huge, but like the reviewer before me, I agree that the compact is a bit flimsy. I also have cruel gardenia and can't wait to use that a bit as highlighter after bronzing. Would definitely buy this one again. Smell is strong but I am used to Guerlain products and fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was, of course, a Summer 2012 Limited Edition- Thats how I get suckered in- but oh my WOW this is a beautiful product if I've ever seen one! This is so intricate and gorgeous, it makes me not want to touch it, for fear of taking away from it's perfection! Sometimes I think I am more of a collector or a hobbyist of makeup... anyway... I finally gave it a go on my face, and oh wow, did this look beautiful! I am very cool/fair and blonde, so I typically use the Guerlain Terracotta Blondes 01 which is their lightest bronzer for us white girls :/ However, this one was not overbearing or too dark. Instead it gave a gorgeous, sun-kissed look, but with a GLOW! The highlighting particles inside the Mosaic are sooo pretty- there was no sparkle, per se, but like I said, more of a true GLOW almost as if from within. I am so very pleased I was able to locate one of these babies before they were sold out... I went through a lot to get a hold of this one.... and if I ever could, I'd even buy another just as a back-up. I doubt I'd ever finish this, since the compact itself is SO HUGE (almost twice as large around as the regular bronzers- I'd say about 5-6" in circumference), but it'd be nice to be able to keep one in pristine condition as a collectors item. I know, I'm ridiculous :) I may have missed out on Cruel Gardenia but I think I made up for it with this one :) Some say that the smell is overpowering and "too much", but I know it as the typical, signature Guerlain scent, and I absolutely love it. This particular item does seem stronger scented than a lot of other Guerlain items... The packaging was just "OK" and I gave it a "4" because it definitely didn't deserve a "5"- For the price you pay for this thing, you'd expect a nice, sturdy packaging. But, no. The flip-top lid is quite thin and flimsy- easily broken, I'm sure, as I've broken my regular Terracotta Blondes... and that was a LITTLE better packaged... Thats my only gripe. But I don't care. I am enamored of this beautiful Mosaic bronzer!