April 17, 2014 | 1375 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Mosaic

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by premerald2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was lucky enought to swap for this item and I am so pleased. Really a lovely bronze colour, no orange on me. I have had that issue with most other bronzers I have tried, but not this one. For reference, I am fair, about nw15 in Mac, also wear F&B in C1. It is huge, but like the reviewer before me, I agree that the compact is a bit flimsy. I also have cruel gardenia and can't wait to use that a bit as highlighter after bronzing. Would definitely buy this one again. Smell is strong but I am used to Guerlain products and fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was, of course, a Summer 2012 Limited Edition- Thats how I get suckered in- but oh my WOW this is a beautiful product if I've ever seen one! This is so intricate and gorgeous, it makes me not want to touch it, for fear of taking away from it's perfection! Sometimes I think I am more of a collector or a hobbyist of makeup... anyway... I finally gave it a go on my face, and oh wow, did this look beautiful! I am very cool/fair and blonde, so I typically use the Guerlain Terracotta Blondes 01 which is their lightest bronzer for us white girls :/ However, this one was not overbearing or too dark. Instead it gave a gorgeous, sun-kissed look, but with a GLOW! The highlighting particles inside the Mosaic are sooo pretty- there was no sparkle, per se, but like I said, more of a true GLOW almost as if from within. I am so very pleased I was able to locate one of these babies before they were sold out... I went through a lot to get a hold of this one.... and if I ever could, I'd even buy another just as a back-up. I doubt I'd ever finish this, since the compact itself is SO HUGE (almost twice as large around as the regular bronzers- I'd say about 5-6" in circumference), but it'd be nice to be able to keep one in pristine condition as a collectors item. I know, I'm ridiculous :) I may have missed out on Cruel Gardenia but I think I made up for it with this one :) Some say that the smell is overpowering and "too much", but I know it as the typical, signature Guerlain scent, and I absolutely love it. This particular item does seem stronger scented than a lot of other Guerlain items... The packaging was just "OK" and I gave it a "4" because it definitely didn't deserve a "5"- For the price you pay for this thing, you'd expect a nice, sturdy packaging. But, no. The flip-top lid is quite thin and flimsy- easily broken, I'm sure, as I've broken my regular Terracotta Blondes... and that was a LITTLE better packaged... Thats my only gripe. But I don't care. I am enamored of this beautiful Mosaic bronzer!