September 2, 2014 | 1802 users online

Powder - Geisha Ink - Loose Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
I have now worn this foundation for about a month, and Iove it :) It is the only mineral foundation I've tried till now that doesn't break me out. With many foundations I can say that they irritate my skin very little, but this doesn't irritate it at all :) In general, powders are better for me than liquids, but mineral foundations have always given me the biggest problems - but not this one :D Now I'm wondering if I will ever manage to use up my other foundations, because this is currently my HG foundation for OK/nice skin days
END OF UPDATE

I have very sensitive skin. I have tried some mineral foundations before, but they all have broken me out pretty badly in less than a day (I have tried each of them over 10 times, so I'm pretty sure about this). My skin is very sensitive. The few I have tried are:

- MAC mineralise skinfinish (gave me clogged pores)
- Lucy Minerals original formula (gave me cysts in few hours -must've been some kind of allergy)
- L'Oreal mineral foundation (pore clogging and bad looking)
- Kanebo Kate Mineral foundation (both powder and liquid, broke me out a little)

I might have tried more, but don't remember right now. With every of these foundations I felt hot and sweaty, even when I was barely wearing any. I was the most disappointed about Lucy Minerals breaking me out :/ The strange thing is that the foundation broke me out, but not the blush (the colours BTW are nothing like on the site - on there everything looks quite much more green than it really is). Anyway: I don't know what ingredient it actually is that breaks me out. The geisha Ink didn't break me out at all, which I was very happy about :)

I bought 3 different colour-samples of Geisha Ink mineral foundation, of 6 different in total:

- Aiko #1 - about an N/NC-10. I'm not sure if it's possible to get lighter than this, but I might be wrong. Anyway: it goes on lighter than it looks in the jar
- Etsu #3 - about an NC20
- Hisano #4 - about NC25, probably

I didn't buy number 3 because it looked like it was going to be pinkish in colour, which I absolutely don't need. My colour is Etsu - it's yellow enough for my very yellow Asian skin! :D And my skin is VERY yellow - not sure if people can be more yellow and not have jaundice. Right now my skin looks pretty clear - only 4 spots I need to conceal and a little bit of undereye circles. The rest of my skin doesn't really have much problems - barely any hyperpigmented areas. This means I only need light coverage from a foundation, and this is exactly what Geisha minerals gives. I apply it with a fluffy brush and it gives only light coverage - I'm not even sure this could give medium coverage - I think you then would need to apply with some kind of kabuki, but as said: I'm not sure it could give medium coverage.
Otherwise, I have dry-normal skin and I didn't find this had any/much oil-controlling properties. This is good for me as my skin doesn't feel tight after application, but I probably wouldn't recommend this for those with oily skin. This foundation wears well on me during the day. Even though it's a powder, I don't feel it actually disappears much at all, but again: I only need light coverage, so even if it did disappear a little, I might not even notice. I like that this doesn't have any smell or shimmer, but it still makes my skin look healthy and as if I wasn't wearing anything (but I'm able to achieve almost the same look with a few other foundations too).

What I don't like about this is that it's a loose powder and this makes it difficult to bring it with you. On top of tat, this is so finely milled that it has a tendency to make big powdery clouds when I open it. I know this came in compact form before; I wish this could also be make into a compact :/

Anyway: I really like it and it does what I want it to do: 1) fits me in colour 2) doesn't break me out 3) wears for a long time 4) looks natural. I would've purchased a full sized jar, if it didn't cost $40 - I would get equally much in VAT and taxes where I live If I bought this :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by bubblybee

I was a little concerned at first since there are only 5 shades. I found my perfect shade, and sometimes I find it hard to match my skin tone. Love the coverage and blendability. Works best with a kabuki brush. I ordered the geisha ink one because the coverage was much too sheer with a regular brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by shayfie91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is very very sheer, so its not for those who want good coverage. Otherwise it gives a great finish, and its good on the skin and blends easily. So a very good product if you only need a sheer finish, great as a finishing powder.

About the colors, I am a Mac NC30/32, and in ID Golden medium.
I will say, number 5 in geisha ink is the best color for my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Jenn2292

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Can't say enough good things except yay! Finally found the HG. You gotta try it... they sell large samples to test and get color match etc. Not a huge color selection but they are all much more normal shades to me than the other MMU brands. So many are orange or yellowish and don't cover or blend well on me. I use a finishing powder but only cuz I work 12 hour shifts and need it to last...and it does.
Not sold in states but shipping was about 6 days so not bad. On pricier side but for what I get, I'll pay it happily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by angiepangie

Just finished my first (but certainly not last) container of the Geisha Mineral Powder. I have extremely sensitive and sometimes acne prone / oily skin, and this product doesn't irritate my skin at all! In fact, I have seen improvement in the quality of my skin since using it; my skin actually breathes unlike other foundations and mineral powders I've used in the past.

The coverage is great (can be layered and built up depending on your preference) and it blends wonderfully. I work long hours in sometimes hot and humid environments and it stays on all day long. The closeable sliding lid allows me to easily carry it in my purse for quick touch ups if I am meeting friends after work.

Can't wait to order my second batch of this mineral powder! <3 Geisha Products!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by M7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was excited to buy this product after the pressed mineral was no longer available. At first I was disappointed with the coverage, but really like this formula. I then realized I was not using the correct brush. A dense Kabuki makes a world of the difference. With a powder blush, it applies like any loose powder. However with a Kabuki, it blends beautifully, has awesome coverage and wears well. I have really oily skin and this wore for 5 hours before breaking a slight shine. A winner in my books.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Kooba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great mineral foundation. The best out of the dozens I have tried. What I found made it stand out is, the outstanding natural coverage, and staying power. I didn't even need concealer and did not have to touch up all day. Only down side is that it is not sold in the US and needed to be ordered online. Oh the price of beauty...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by VivaSue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pretty excited when I heard that Geisha Ink launched a loose mineral foundation, after my beloved pressed was discontinued. It finally arrived in the mail last week and here are my comments:

I was at first worried I would not like it as much as the pressed. To my surprised I actually like it more:)! The coverage is better than the pressed, and it blends into the skin flawlessly, almost creating an airbrushed look. I ordered the kabuki brush as well which buffs into the skin beautifully (Kabuki brush is soft with perfect density)! I have oily skin and this powder wore for approx. 6 hours before having to touch up...pretty good in my opinion.
I asked them about a finishing powder (which I noticed most mineral foundations have). They informed me that this does not need a finishing powder due to it's formula and quality...I agree. Personally I did find the whole "finishing powder" a marketing gimmick to get people to spend more money...but that's just my own personal opinion.

All in all, I really love this foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by beautyexpert444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So, I used to use the pressed mineral foundation in Chiyo shade no. 2. After trying to order it about 3 times, I have received the deadly confirmation that they have discontinued it. They recommended their new product, the loose mineral. I was not sold in the beginning because I preferred the press. After much back and forth with emails, I thought, "Waht the heck!" I just got it in the mail today and ordered Chiyo no. 2 again. The color is even better than before. I am fair with neutral undertone and the originally chiyo was about 1/2 a shade too dark in the winter time. This is perfect finally and I can always get the next shade in the summer but as if I ever tan???

The product: I moisturized my face and then apply with my kabuki brush. It is unbelievable. The coverage it out of this world. I received this product in the mail at 10am and applied it at around 10:30am, I still have it on now. It feels light, coverage excellent, color did not turn (not too pink nor too yellow/orangey). It is a huge improvement from the pressed version. Ladies, if you think you are in love with the pressed version, you must try this. I might order shade no. 1 (aiko) for my undereye. I don't know yet but I am so freakin excited!!! At least now I have found a replacement.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by sultry

I just got it on-line so I am surprise to see there is already a review. BTW, their website has started web sales again.

LOVE this also! I am so impressed. I am usually quite skeptical with loose mineral because in the next 3-4 hours, my skin turns either super shiny looking or it turns orange. I wear Hisano#4 and it wears all day. Went for a late lunch with my good friend yesterday, literally sat at the hotel lounge for hours with her and then headed out for dinner and drinks with another girl friend. Wears all night. We took some photos in the evening and boy, my skin looks so flawless I hardly remember it is mine.

Feels like on the skin, but coverage is amazing. I wore it with no concealer, seriously!!! This is by far my favorite clean makeup out there. Also, it is a semi-matte so it is good for dry/oily skin. Mine is combo and on my oily zones, it works great and around some of my dry area (cheeks) it did not pick up any dry spots :)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No