Neutrogena Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid- Lotion Sunblock SPF 30

3.7

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (2.5%), Homosalate (5%), Octisalate (4%), Octocrylene (3%), Oxybenzone (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Dimethicone, Silica, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexl Glycerin, Steareth 100, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Steareth 2, Dimethicone, Chlorphenesin, Polyester 7, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Diethylhexyl 2 6 Naphthalate, BHT, Xanthan Gum, Mannan, Capryloyl Glycine, Trideceth 6, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylancium Bark Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Cedrus Atlantica (Blue Atlas Cedar) Bark Extract

on 7/24/2015 2:41:00 AM

The good: It's fragrance free and doesn't have any kind of retinol ingredient in it as far as I know, which is good news for your skin! It doesn't feel greasy once its absorbed on the skin. Skin doesn't feel too bad with it on. It almost feels like your skin. It absorbs fast! Flash fast!
The bad: It absorbs fast! I usually apply to the bottom of my face, below my eyes, all at once and then apply with another goop on my forehead, but I couldn't completely cover the bottom of my face with one goop! I had to remember which parts I missed and touch those areas up. It also leaves this weird, residual feel on my fingers. Almost like when you have dried aerosol hairspray on your fingers. After washing my hands, drying them thoroughly, then touching my face again, my face will feel fine, like skin for a few seconds, but then it starts to feel like dried hairspray film again and it feels that way on my fingers, too. Which concerns me. Is it flaking/sloughing off? I don't really want that in a sunscreen. I used this on a road trip and reapplied every 2 hours, without washing my face first, and at the end of the day I had white spots where the sunscreen collected in the upper corners of my inner eyes near the brow bone. It also burned the first time when I applied it after toning without letting my toner thoroughly dry first. After that I haven't had a problem.

Conclusion: I wouldn't buy this in a perfect world, but I think, for an affordable sunscreen, this is as good as your going to get. I've tried so many others and frankly I'm frustrated and might give up for awhile. At least until I've used it all up. I just hope the sloughing off doesn't leave my skin to vulnerable to the sun. I WANT TO LOOK YOUNG FOREVAAAA!!!!

Update: I have a feeling that those who like this sunscreen aren't using enough. It does transfer on to your hands if you touch your face. It makes my face look whiter than usual and I'm pretty pale to begin with. If you apply a little in one area, then apply in the adjacent are and overlap with the previously applied area, the previously applied area will rub/flake off in little gross white bits. Make sure to blend really well so you don't have white spots.

on 7/15/2015 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved the first sheer sunscreen Neutrogena brought out and when I saw this "WON'T CAUSE BREAKOUTS", I HAD to try it for the summer. It's been a success!!

Like others have said, it burned only slightly when I first put it on and still does from time-to-time, but it goes away very quickly. Truly oil and scent-free which are HUGE A+'s in my books. I have very oily skin and if there's any amount of oil on my skin after moisturizing or throughout the day, this takes care of it.

It comes in a wide range of SPFs and I think it really does an awesome job at protecting my skin. I never burn anyway but I'm trying to be more sun conscious and I had total faith in this product. My only complaint is that, like most of Neutrogena's products, it's pretty pricey for a drugstore sunscreen, but so absolutely worth it and lasts SO long. I've had this for three months now and still have a bunch left. Recommended 100%.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Using this while using Retin A. For my dark skin girls, if you're in search of a sunscreen that won't have you looking crazy with the white cast on your face try this out. It absorbs in to your skin almost immediately and it doesn't break you out.

on 6/27/2015 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I normally have clear skin, but it's very sensitive and acne prone. Because my current skin routine lacks SPF I've been looking for a product that provides that while keeping my skin clear. From La Roche Posay Sunscreen to BB with spf, they all made me breakout. I saw this in the store and was a bit skeptical but I decided to give it a try. The first 3 days my skin was clear and I thought this would be my HG sunscreen.. Then I broke out like crazy on the fourth day :( Now I'm off to try Cerave Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30.

on 6/21/2015 3:31:00 AM

Absolutely cannot say enough good things about this stuff. While I use the SPF 60 because my skin's so fair and prone to burning easily, and it works wonderfully. My skin's dry to the touch within a minute or two of applying, and it stays that way all day. I can easily apply it before putting on my makeup with no worries. I also have very sensitive combination skin, and this is the only face sunscreen that's never given me a rash or breakouts. Wouldn't hesitate to stock up on this stuff once my current supply runs out.

on 6/17/2015 10:01:00 AM

I am definitely in love with this product! I love it how it doesn't leave a greasy feeling on my face and it's absolutely great under makeup! If you have acne prone skin like I do, I would definitely recommend for you to try it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG Face sunscreen. I love that it leaves your skin with a matte (but not too dry) finish, so it's easy to use under makeup. I have very combination skin - flaky areas and then very oily areas. If my skin is feeling oily, I'll use this as my moisturizer or if my skin is feeling dry i'll use this on top of moisturizer. I've been using it for 2+ months now and it hasn't broken me out also since starting to use this, my acne marks & dark spots are definitely fading! I spend a lot of time outside walking to work (in NYC) so sun protection is very important. Highly recommend. It's also a reasonable price and you do get a lot.

I will note that like others have mentioned, sometimes there is a stinging on my face & under my eyes. It is usually when my face is feeling irritated already though

Burned my skin immediately had to wash it off

on 5/31/2015 10:27:00 PM

Broke me out unfortunately. I have very sensitive skin and I think the chemical sunscreens irritated my skin :(

on 4/21/2015 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the sunscreen I use when I need a higher SPF because some of the foundations or BB creams I have used in the past have SPF 15 in it but that is not enough for me.

It dries very fast and doesn't leave an oily residue which I like. I also haven't experienced breakouts after I use it.