September 16, 2014 | 2086 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid- Lotion Sunblock SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The claim is breakout free, but my usual problem with ss is clogged pores rather than zits. No zits but it still left my nose and chin with the usual problems. As far as texture, it is thinner than the dry touch products I've used and it dries more quickly with less tackiness. No white cast, but it's a chemical not mineral active ingredients. It is such a frustration... I assiduously use BHAs, retinoids, etc. to clear my skin and then undo that effort because I wear ss daily and I the only products that did not exacerbate my acne have been discontinued- Shade gel ss being the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Jayblab

I live this product. I have dark skin (like Beyonce's skin color) and This does not leave a white cast on my face. I usually put it on right after showering in the morning and then let it sit for a few minutes while I get dressed/brush my teeth. I have acne prone skin and this does not break me out and I also don't see a major change when I take flash photos while using this as opposed to other drugstore sunblocks that look horrible with flash photography.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

this was more of a cream and felt heavy on my skin. I felt like my skin could not breathe. It made my skin very shiny and YES it did make me break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this sunscreen. It spread easily, wasn't super greasy/left a semi-matte finish, and I don't think it broke me out. However, I used it for about 2 months and my sensitive skin just didn't like it. A lot of Neutrogena products make my skin a lot more sensitive than it is and so did this one. It would turn red. I also felt like it didn't last, I would sweat a lot or my face would get oily in the heat and I felt like the sunscreen wasn't on me anymore. I want to start wearing sunscreen every single day so it's important to me to find one that will actually last and not sweat off.
So unfortunately, I would not repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by aimeeestfancy

would I buy this again? hell yes. every other sunscreen I've tried has broken me out like crazy this stuff has treated my very clog, acne prone skin very well

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by amcdermott76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a sunscreen that won't break me out for months. Mineral ones are recommended for my sensitive, rosacea skin, but they always end up clogging my pores. This sunscreen has been excellent on my face (except around the eyes-- I use a mineral one in that area). I haven't broken out, there is no redness or stinging, and the finish is amazing. Paula Begoun gave this a bad review due to some sensitizing ingredients and lack of antioxidants, but I have to disagree with her. If anyone were going to have a reaction to this product, it would be me, and I haven't had one. (IMO her sunscreens suck, anyway.)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Lostxinxwonderland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This works well with my oily skin, much better than the Elta MD sunscreen I previously used. True to the label it hasn't broken me out and my skin breaks out really quick with new products.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by HelloMichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this as my daily sunscreen. Velvety texture, leaves a dewy finish without looking greasy. Apply 1/4 of a teaspoon. Doesn't exacerbate my oiliness and doesn't break me out AT ALL. Good under foundation/TM, doesn't pill. Does sting when it gets in your eyes (I'm a bike commuter so I sweat a lot) and tube opening can crust over. Will purchase again, relatively inexpensive and a tube lasts me a few months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was hesitant to try this after Neutrogena Sport Face caused the worst breakout of my life and I was pleasantly surprised that this formula holds to its blemish-free promise. This is a very matte sunblock-- even slightly powdery-- but I experienced no dryness on my dry-leaning combo skin. For the past week I've used it on its own over moisturizer, under makeup, and on my body. A small amount of its powdery whiteness collects in fine lines under my eyes and smile lines over the course of the day, but I brush it away without a problem. It doesn't undermine my makeup's longevity and although it claims to not cause breakouts, I cleanse with my Clarisonic nightly just to be safe. Its viscosity is pretty thin and spreadable-- I'd say it's comparable to tzatziki dip.
I can't speak to whether it causes flashback in photos unfortunately.
This is to be expected, but it does sting quite a bit if the sunblock migrates to my eyes.
The packaging is a sensible squeeze tube, so no complaints there. I think I'll buy this again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really great sunscreen. Doesn't cause breakouts, doesn't leave my face feeling greasy & doesn't ball up under makeup.