December 18, 2014 | 1346 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Clear Face Break-Out Free Liquid- Lotion Sunblock SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by squint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my current daily sunscreen and the first I've truly been able to wear under bb cream every single day without breakouts -- applying enough to actually provide protection rather than a tiny symbolic smear. I wouldn't mind if it were a tiny bit mattifying... it's at least fairly shine-neutral, though. I don't notice a whitening effect on my face, but do note that it may transfer from your neck or chest onto dark clothing over time. It looks white there :/ The light fluid is easy to distribute and while a pump might be nice, the cap doesn't leak. I occasionally feel a tiny bit of burn but it disappears quickly and never causes any visible irritation.

The best thing about this product has been the improvement in my skin from consistently limiting sun exposure, which I was never able to manage before. I wouldn't be without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by wasaaabi

Really wanted to like this product- it was cheap ($15AUD), easy to apply, not greasy, nor did it leave a white cast. The smell was a bit much (smelt a lot like sunscreen but bearable).

However at the end of the day, it gave me small red pimples all over my face!!! As another reviewer said, it's a bit odd that it doesn't contain zinc oxide which is meant to be beneficial for acne prone skin.

I wanted to try this as I usually use the La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Sunscreen Fluid which doesn't cause pimples, but has a white caste, or the Oasis Beauty SPF 30+ Healthy Family Suncreen (has Shea butter, jojoba oil and zinc oxid), which is good but doesn't dry to completely matte.

Would not recommend even for neck/décolletage as some other reviewers mentioned that it caused them to break out even on their neck!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

update: uprating this for winter use. now that the weather has cooled off, i haven't had any issues with this product getting greasy. i still like how liquidy/fluid it is- it applies quickly and easily. i still can't recommend it because it burns my eyelids a little. not terribly, but i feel like i have to use another sunscreen in that area, which is a pain.

--- original review --

I bought this to use on my face and so far I kind of hate it.

Pros:
- Formula feels light coming out of the tube (it's a liquidy lotion)
- Does not leave a noticeable white cast (it is very slight, and the least obvious of the three subscreens i bought this season)

Cons:
- Smells like alcohol
- Leaves me with uncomfortable, low-level burning sensation, as if I've applied rubbing alcohol to my face and eyelids
- Dries shiny on skin
- Gets very greasy. An hour after applying and matte-ing down the shiny finish, I had an oil slick all over my face. It was in moderate weather, and I usually have combo (not excessively oily) skin
- Rubs off easily (see above)

Active Ingredients (all chemical sunscreens):
Avobenzone (2.5%),
Homosalate (5%),
Octisalate (4%),
Octocrylene (3%),
Oxybenzone (4%)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The claim is breakout free, but my usual problem with ss is clogged pores rather than zits. No zits but it still left my nose and chin with the usual problems. As far as texture, it is thinner than the dry touch products I've used and it dries more quickly with less tackiness. No white cast, but it's a chemical not mineral active ingredients. It is such a frustration... I assiduously use BHAs, retinoids, etc. to clear my skin and then undo that effort because I wear ss daily and I the only products that did not exacerbate my acne have been discontinued- Shade gel ss being the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Jayblab

I live this product. I have dark skin (like Beyonce's skin color) and This does not leave a white cast on my face. I usually put it on right after showering in the morning and then let it sit for a few minutes while I get dressed/brush my teeth. I have acne prone skin and this does not break me out and I also don't see a major change when I take flash photos while using this as opposed to other drugstore sunblocks that look horrible with flash photography.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

this was more of a cream and felt heavy on my skin. I felt like my skin could not breathe. It made my skin very shiny and YES it did make me break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this sunscreen. It spread easily, wasn't super greasy/left a semi-matte finish, and I don't think it broke me out. However, I used it for about 2 months and my sensitive skin just didn't like it. A lot of Neutrogena products make my skin a lot more sensitive than it is and so did this one. It would turn red. I also felt like it didn't last, I would sweat a lot or my face would get oily in the heat and I felt like the sunscreen wasn't on me anymore. I want to start wearing sunscreen every single day so it's important to me to find one that will actually last and not sweat off.
So unfortunately, I would not repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by aimeeestfancy

would I buy this again? hell yes. every other sunscreen I've tried has broken me out like crazy this stuff has treated my very clog, acne prone skin very well

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by amcdermott76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a sunscreen that won't break me out for months. Mineral ones are recommended for my sensitive, rosacea skin, but they always end up clogging my pores. This sunscreen has been excellent on my face (except around the eyes-- I use a mineral one in that area). I haven't broken out, there is no redness or stinging, and the finish is amazing. Paula Begoun gave this a bad review due to some sensitizing ingredients and lack of antioxidants, but I have to disagree with her. If anyone were going to have a reaction to this product, it would be me, and I haven't had one. (IMO her sunscreens suck, anyway.)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Lostxinxwonderland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This works well with my oily skin, much better than the Elta MD sunscreen I previously used. True to the label it hasn't broken me out and my skin breaks out really quick with new products.