October 2, 2014 | 976 users online

Fragrances - Andrea Maack--Silk

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by alba75

Andrea Maack's "Silk" is listed among sheer/skin scents. It is supposed to open soft and stay close to one's skin. I find "Silk" top notes noisy and suffocating. They cast blight on other notes in this fragrance. Then the perfumes calms down. Somewhat heavy powdery notes appear.
Overall, I would say that this scent and my body chemistry do not work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by amlang

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really does make me think of fabric. Bolts of raw silk scratching against each other in a shop in Thailand. Linen as a hot iron pulls away. Pressed, tight, a little friction might cause a spark. Something in this also reminds me of Bluebell. It's a fragrance I'd wear to have a power day at work.

The green tea and freesia notes are very strong. This is the opposite end of the spectrum from a soft skin scent. If it were a musical note, it would be something like a high "C". No big changes or development here--the way Silk opens is the way it ends. Medium to possibly big sillage. Twelve hours after dabbing it, I can still smell it.

Silk hits one nostalgic note for me. The freesia reminds me a little of some Avon lotion or product my grandmother used to have around, always,probably from the 1950s through the mid-80s. I mean this in a good way. Those are memories of summer vacations and Grandma's high energy level, put-togetherness, get things done attitude.