October 1, 2014 | 1247 users online

Powder - MISSHA - M prism two way cake

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Surprised there aren't more reviews for this. I got it in a box set from their website that comes with a small tube of their green primer and another small tube of one of their foundations (not a BB) in shade 21 to match the powder. First thing that grabbed me was how lovely the golden refillable compact is; simply gorgeous and classy- looking. Sturdy enough to carry around without being overly heavy or bulky. It's worth the price of admission alone since most compacts in my price range are ugly, heavy or just too cumbersome to use, if not all of these. I'm thrilled that this compact has a spot for the puff sponge on TOP of the powder separated by a plastic divider, rather than underneath for a change. It's a breeze to carry and use and given the nice large mirror, it's become the new everyday compact for my purse.

The powder itself is very finely milled and soft, but not so much it flies everywhere when you use it. It's a pale but warm, yellow-toned light beige shade that when applied, is almost the same shade as it looks but melds and settles down with my skin nicely after a minute or two without a heavy look or feel. It works great as a finishing powder when applied with a brush, and can perform as a powder foundation with either the sponge puff or a denser brush like a kabuki. I think I personally Iike it best as a finishing or touchup powder though. It's true, as the below reviewer also stated, that it doesn't have a ton of coverage but manages to even things out nicely without looking overly powdery. I mostly prefer to use over my BB (also by them) to set and make it last longer throughout the day. It reminds me a bit of my old Lancome Photogenic powder in Light Buff in fact, if not even better texture-wise. I have not tried using it wet since the dry finish works for me so far, but I think you can (hence the "two way" part, I think). I'm dry so I don't need oil control but I also have a hard time with powders looking cakey or heavy on me for the same reason. This doesn't tend to do that unless I really glop it on and a little goes a long way. I find it applies best with a brush, and save the puff for spot touchups or heavier coverage in areas where I need it. I experience no irriration or breakouts from this, and so far it ranks up with my most-loved powder foundations in terms of shade, texture, finish and blendability and even better as a finishing or touchup powder. Unless something else that really blows me out of the water comes along, I will likely repurchase a refill to use with the same compact when the time comes if it continues to perform as well as it has so far. I have nothing to dislike about this or any other MISSHA product I've tried so far (this, BB cream, sheet mask, makeup remover cleansing wipes), except that their shipping is a bit slow and the English translation on the box in terms of product info and directions leaves a bit to be desired (it doesn't make a lot of sense grammar-wise, but it's not like it's hard to figure out what to do here, lol!) It's a nice powder if you are on the pale warm side of the spectrum because it appears they only have the one shade, Light Beige, which matches this NC20 pretty well. This definitely outperforms all the lower-end drugstore powders I have been using and I love having an attractive 'fancy' compact again as well.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by pretty_wannabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It has SPF30 PA+++ and the color (#13) was perfect match for my MAC NC25 skin color. The actual foundation was nice and light however it does not have much coverage for two way cake foundation. It was more like finishing powder feel/looks to it... It was alright over all however, I'm using awesome finishing powder (Besame Cashmere Powder in light) so, I probably will not buy this again.