August 30, 2014 | 1824 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorburst in Bellini

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by happinessinpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS:
- nice texture: not sticky or gloopy
- beautiful packaging: I partially picked up this product just because of its gorgeous packaging. The squarish, quite simplistic packaging was a winner for me.
- pretty colour (though not for me)

CONS:
- colour doesn't suit me: it really washes out my lips and in yellower lighting, makes my lips almost appear paler than my face (keeping in mind I'm quite fair-skinned)
- applicator: when I'd looked at pictures online, I thought that this had a doefoot applicator (which I'm a big fan of) but in reality it's much flatter and longer. When I was swatching in the store, I didn't really notice because I was only applying a tiny stripe on my hand but when I went to use it on my lips I found it really annoying.
- price: Revlon is always a bit expensive for me. Obviously for a lot of people it might be fine but seeing as I'm still in school and only have a part-time job to fund my makeup purchases, I don't often get to indulge in Revlon items. However, when they were having a 1/2 price of all makeup brands in Chemist Warehouse a few months ago, I jumped at the opportunity to pick up quite a few Revlon items - this being one of them. I got it for about $11AUD which was a HUGE bargain but because it normally retails for $21.95, I don't think I'll be getting many more of these.

Also, I can't decide whether this is a pro or a con but there is no scent or flavour. Personally I sometimes like lip products that smell or taste fruity or something else nice but I know that some people prefer fragrance and taste-free products so I don't really want to list this as a pro or a con.

In conclusion, I don't think I'll be repurchasing this product. Definitely not in this shade as it doesn't work for me at all (although some of the other shades such as 'Fire' look absolutely incredible) and unless there's another 1/2 price sale on soon, I think I'd rather stick to Rimmel and Maybelline.

***EDIT:
This may seem weird but I just decided to apply this after writing the review and all of a sudden I seem to have decided that I like it? At least more than I thought I did.
My opinion on the applicator still hasn't changed but I think it looks a lot nicer on my lips than I remember it doing. Maybe it's because of the time of day or time of year or something but I'm liking it. I think it kind of brings out the natural slightly purple tone that hides behind my lips and although it sounds weird, it doesn't look bad. During the day the very slight purple might make my lips look a bit dead but at the moment it's not looking too bad.
Also, I've realised that there is a slight scent to it but it's barely noticeable for me. I only realised that there was in fact a scent when I actually held it up to my nose to sniff it. The scent that you get then reminds me of Play Dough, which I don't love the idea of having on my lips, but as I said, it's really not noticeable unless you go out of your way to smell it.

***DOUBLE-EDIT:
I've tried it again and I think the more I use this the more I like it, although I promise I had used it quite a few times over the couple of months that I'd had it prior to originally writing this review.
All I can say now is that the way it looks depends SO MUCH on the lighting you find yourself in. Feel free to disregard most of what I've said in this review because I've changed my mind so many times about this product that I don't even know how to sneakily edit the original review anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by melumebelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like that this lip gloss isn't sticky, since that's the primary reason I'm not a huge fan of glosses.

I also like that it's a nice nude, but can also be applied over a lipstick with ease, making it quite versatile. I'm not a huge fan of nudes, and only own a few, but this is one that I'm glad I picked up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally got this for prom to match my peach/nude coloured dress and now it is a staple in my makeup bag. It goes great with my fair skin and it is quite glossy, which I love. Wonderful shade for summer, I will be repurchasing it when I run out for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this lipgloss, both the colour & the texture.

The colour on me is milky, nude. I wouldnt say its extremely glossy but its definitely glossy as opposed to matte. Its very neutral, which can be used over your nude lipstick or alone.
Applies easily, with little fuss. Im not such a fan of the extra long wand purely because you have less control than the smaller/shorter wands, but practice makes perfect.

Texture is good, not gritty or drying.
I think this is a great product, highly recommended however my one gripe is the smell!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Love this light peach lip gloss. It is moisturizing and works as an amazing top coat for nude lipsticks. When I have a smokey eye, the effects of this lip gloss on top of a nude just bump it up a notch. I like the packaging. This product is one of those great lip glosses that are not sticky. I can wear my hair down without having hair sticking to my lips.

I actually lost this gloss and bought Crystal Lilac Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss. That color is amazing as well. I hate repurchasing the same gloss, but I think I will make the exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by kcarrion

Beautiful color. Sheer peachy pink. I am not a fan of lip products cause they don't stay on, but this is nice, not sticky, and leaves a pretty hue on your lips. Very wearable for summer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

I really wanted to love this.The color looked really pretty.Unfortunately, it was to light & milky of a color for my lips =(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this color!!!! The gloss and staying power is amazing! It's so nice over pink lipsticks or any brighter shade that you want to make shinier and creamier looking. I love all revlon gloss......but one word Revlon.... Change the damn scent of these. It's awful. It wears off completely after a couple mins but ick, initially it's almost gag worthy.... But.....I LOVE me some Bellini lip gloss!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Such a pretty peach with gold shimmer, reminded me of Nars TD. It could've even replaced Revlon's peach petal for me which was too grey but sadly this isn't as opaque as the shorter super lustrous glosses. It goes on practically clear, not even MLBB, leaves a tint of gold. It works over lipstick/stains/concealer even but I bought it for the color not for the enhancement of another lippie. IMO this would work best for PPP, NC10-15 with the slightest pigmentation to lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is a milky, sheer light peach toned lip gloss. It is decently moisturizing, and wears well. No weird fading or stains. Packaging is nice, as are all the Revlon Colorburst lip glosses. I was hoping this would be a dupe for MAC Boy Bait, but it's far peachier. Great for the summer, it's like a baby pink lip but instead of pink, it's baby peach. Great for people with very pigmented lips, as it tones the lip color down alot when worn alone, makes me look tan even at NW20/NW25 because my lips look paler. I prefer to wear it with a lip liner underneath or lipstick, as it washes me out too much.