October 22, 2014 | 1353 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Sunday Riley - Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by iceburger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product functions more like a skin enhancer than a traditional primer in my experience, so I'll review it accordingly. It doesn't pro long the wear of my foundation, not does it make it adhere better or anything like that. I quite like it.

SHADE: I am approximate NC30 and I got this in Medium. This product is very forgiving when it comes to shade matching as it is very sheer. Medium is a touch too dark but it's not very noticeable once blended in.

TEXTURE/CONSISTENCY: This feels like a very lightweight gel/lotion hybrid. It's not runny or siliconey and it's not thick like a cream either. It spreads easily and is quite moisturising. It blends in effortlessly and you can build as many layers as you like without it looking cakey.

COVERAGE: Very sheer. Sheerer than a tinted moisturiser. It's definitely not a foundation, nor is it marketed as one. I experimented with it by using a lot of it and was almost able to achieve light coverage. It doesn't cover anything but it gives the appearance of nicer looking skin as it blurs skin tone unevenness and textural imperfections out very well. If you have problematic skin, this product isn't for you, unless you mix it with or layer a foundation/concealer over it.

FINISH: Natural, skin-like and dewy. You can't tell you're wearing it at all. You'll just look like you have very healthy, glowy skin.

LONGEVITY: Very average. It's not a tenacious product but it doesn't make my skin look super oily either. Nor does it become patchy or settle in lines throughout the day.

PRICE: $58 at Mecca for Australians.

FINAL VERDICT: The effect of this product is subtle but definitely noticeable. It's perfect for days when you want to skip foundation and just need something to enhance the look of your skin. It's meant to benefit your skin as well, but I haven't noticed it. It doesn't make me flakey or anything either. Sadly, I can't use it as it breaks me out. Your mileage may vary, of course. For the purposes of skin-enhancing, I would rate it a 5. As a primer, well, I'd give it a 4 since primers are meant to enhance your skin and prep it for foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have tried a few items from Sunday Riley's skincare line and have been quite impressed, so when I read about the primer being tinted and can be use on its own, I went out and bought it.
My intention of getting this wasn't for the primer part, but rather for the tinted part. I also wasn't looking for a foundation, I was after something that can make me look neat, but weekend natural if you know what i meant.
Unfortunately this didn't wow me, i don't hate it, but it doesn't quite do what I thought it would. The pigment is so light its near non existent. I normally have okay skin, but once its on, it doesn't really do anything, not even out skin tone or anything. its like i put moisturiser on, but every single even slight imperfection is still there, basically if you are hoping it will blur something out, well, it doesn't.
Though i will say this feel really comfortable to wear, i don't particularly find it prolong the life of my foundation, so i am not even sure about the primer part. But since i have bought it, i need to use it.
The packaging is good, not luxurious but practical, plastic pump which i like. It is however quite deceiving in the sense that the bottle is massive but there is only 30ml of product in it so its just a normal size product.
I personally think that bourjois' 10 hour sleep effect is a better option for weekend casual natural look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in light, and I will say that right now its a little too dark for me. I am around N15. But I do like it for days where I am not too worried about matching, and days where I don't want to wear full foundation. It evens out my skin tone enough, although blemishes will have to be covered with concealer. It does look nice on the skin - a satin finish. Its got a siliconey texture and feels like silk on my skin. I have dry skin so do have to use a good moisturiser underneath but I still feel like it is drying my face out over the course of the day. I can't use this as a primer though. Oddly, it doesn't like most of the foundations I own - so like I said previously I tend to wear it on my own. I do like that it has no SPF in it and find it has played well with sunscreens I use so far. But, I do think its overpriced and I use about 2 pumps on my face so I am using it up quicker than I hoped to.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by ToxicMegacolon

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

2 points: 1) I've been wearing this only for a week and 2) the rating should really be a 3.5

I bought this primer for what every one else has described - the "no makeup makeup" days where you are too lazy but also too vain to either not wear any foundation vs slap-dash placement of your regular go-to fdtn.

This actually does the job quite nicely. My skin is not perfect, and it has its odd bumps, redness, discoloration, and areas of flakiness. Combined with some oiliness around the forehead and nose, and you've got yourself a face that feels uncomfortable just going bare (unless Im so sleep deprived, I don't give a damn). This smooths out most of the discoloration on my face, not completely, but tones it down to a point where its not the first thing you notice when you look in the mirror. it makes my face look velvety clean, and that's always nice.

I am about an NC20, perhaps a whee bit lighter during the winter, and this matches me very nicely. Yellow based overall, but sheer enough that can be used on range of skintones. With a bit of concealer, I can wear it easily without any other additions to my face.

The bad: The price is a bit much for what it is. The company claims that it has a lot of "good stuff" in it for your skin, and yada yada...but $45 for a tinted moisturizer is a bit steep. I found mine for a bit cheaper with a coupon, but again, for that price you can get a solid HE foundation.

Also, this doesn't last all day. My face will eat this stuff up in about 4- 5hrs and I am not doing anything strenous or sweating a lot. But it does disappear nicely instead of clumping or cracking like foundation tend to do.

So in total: I like it, but for the price and the longevity, its not a MUST HAVE. However, given how its performed thus far, I'd get another one if a good coupon came around.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

Massive fan of this primer, even though it costs $60 here in Australia, I would purchase again.
I love the packaging as it's very unique, however it does make it seem like you're getting more product than you actually are.
It feels so nice going onto your face and I like that it is very very lightly tinted. I didn't really expect this to prolong the life of my foundation, but I was pleasantly surprised. I usually wear this with Nars Sheer Glow and I find it definitely lasts the longest paired with this primer than any of my others.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by vekstrom

There have been quite a few reviews about it not working with sunscreen. I have been using the chanel sunscreen under it with no issues. As the previous reviews have said, it doesn't cover imperfections, but just gives a very natural finish. Best when paired with nars radiant creamy concealor for a flawless finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by lessismore3

Very good primer. Great on its own for "no make up" days, with a tiny bit of foundation everyday at work or for a full proper base when going out. Beautiful coverage, and nice glow but not shiny. Also works beautifully with just a bronzer over the top. I apply with a light foundation brush - the brush gives much better coverage than fingers and makes my skin look amazing. Whilst it is expensive, I am using less foundation and getting a better, more even and more natural coverage. Nice scent, too!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by yumyum915

I use this tinted primer instead of foundation during the day time. It's a light coverage and makes my skin look natural and flawless. The reason why it's not five stars is because it's kind of sensitive. I have to use my fingers to apply it because I noticed with brushes and sponges you can see the streaks. Also, I can't wear this with some sunscreens because it will get flaky. But by itself, it's absolutely gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by shesELECTRIC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this to even out my skintone on days where I want to skip the foundation. It doesn't have as much coverage as a tinted moisturiser but makes my skin look (and feel) smooth and clear. As a primer I would say it works well to keep foundation on longer, but foundation tended to feel really dry on my skin when I would wear this underneath. It dries to a satin finish but throughout the day turns matte. I would prefer something a bit more dewy. I enjoy this product but can live without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by RebeccaC01

My skin is oily and tinted moisturizers tend to fail on me for that reason. This is a great product because it acts as a primer and can provide modest evening out of skin tone too. I generally hate the feeling of too much makeup and this is perfect for days when I need a little help but am too lazy to fully make myself up.