April 19, 2014 | 1733 users online

Top/Base Coats - Essence - gel-look topcoat

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by jennyb1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'v read alot of bad reviews on this after i bought it and before trying for myself.
anyways i happen to love it ! i painted my nails with wnw's party of five gitters
let it dry and added one coat of this ,it went on smooth and took a few minutes to dry
but was well worth the wait! it's smooth and shiny and has lasted so far for 3 days
and i work with my hands alot in retail and do alot of dishes by hand at home.
so far no chipping and no wear still just as smooth and shiny as day one !
i will repurchase this again for sure .

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

As much as it pains me to say, the reviews for this product are right. This product looks great when applied but after an hour my nails still aren't dry. The only good news is I only wasted a buck. I even tried putting drying drops on them with no luck. Pass on this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Corriefaith27

Do NOT buy this! Just don't do it!

I have tried this product so many times, giving it the benefit of the doubt, and RUINED my beautifully painted nails every time. In what I'm assuming to be a moment of complete mental breakdown, I even repurchased this and was again horrified!

It looks lovely at first, very shiny and glossy, THEN it turns on you and gives you a horribly bubbled manicure. Also takes lightyears to dry.... never again

Be smarter than me and stay away from this awful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by deepseadivingsuit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've never used this on its own, but it is excellent as glitter food! Apply a coat of it over a glitter that dries bumpy, add Seche Vite on top and it ends up smooth as glass!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by r0san

This is part of their gel line -- I'm pretty sure you're supposed to use it with a UV light, otherwise it won't set properly. I only realized after watching Essence's youtube video.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Definitelygorgeous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I didn't look up the reviews for this product before purchasing.. But I pretty much share the same thoughts as other reviewers this product. I used this top coat last night and now my nails are covered with bubbles and creases.
Why does Essence insist on making this product?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am finally throwing this little polish away. I've used it long enough (about 5 months) to get a pretty good read on it. After carefully applying my nailpolish -- my nails are consistently ruined by this top coat. Without fail, the top coat makes my polish bubble up. I've experimented with heavy, light and ultra light top layers, but it always bubbles my polish. It doesn't make them last. Yes -- they do shine. But for a few more dollars, I can get a much better product. Pass on this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I threw this away . I need topcoats that dry fast as I tend to be careless and smudge on things after painting . I also cannot bear to wait . This only makes the whole drying process slower . The shine is also only mediocre.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by glitter854

I actually kind of liked this Product. It made my nails look very shiny and glossy. And it's $2 like, let's get real. $2. You can't go wrong. On the other hand it only lasted 2 days. And my mani chipped super easily. If you need a clear nail polish for a dance completion or just for everyday. If go with this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Veevz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was really disappointed with this Essence product. I have a ton of their cosmetics and they are fun, affordable and pretty good for such a low price. The gel top coat isn't up to par, though. The bubbles drive me nuts! The brush isn't as nice as their usual polish brushes. Will not buy again. I'll stick to the ESsence Colour and Go/Nude Glam lines of nail polishes.