October 31, 2014 | 1559 users online

Powder - MAC - Chenman Beauty Powder

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have just recently discovered this wonderful thing called 'contouring and highlighting' (yes, I know, I am late to the party!) and I wanted a highlighting powder. I don't really like cream products, although to be fair I haven't tried many.
I spent a whole day traipsing round town trying to find a highlighting powder that 1) wasn't just a very light bronzer; and b) was preferably a cheap brand as I obviously don't want to waste money on something I possibly won't use.
I couldn't find anything other than this, so I decided to buy it. It's a limited edition in a black powder compact and is a very light pink, iridescent and shimmery. I use a Stila all-over blend brush. You have to use a very light hand with this as it can look very shimmery, and almost white if you overload it, but it is so pretty. It is just right on my skin, as a highlighter and also as a pretty, almost neutral eyeshadow. It was fairly expensive at 18.50 (I think) but it is lovely. It will last a long time as it really is too shimmery to be used simply as a brightening powder (like Benefit's Dandelion, for example). I wish it was a wee bit smaller and cheaper though.
EDIT: I have bought new foundation which is a tad darker than the one I was using previously (matched better). This powder - while beautiful - would not be useful for those with darker skin unless using purely as a highlighter where you really want it to be visible. On top of my new foundation, in spite of applying with an extremely light hand, it is very visible and pink in tone.