December 21, 2014 | 1787 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Quickliner Intense All Colors

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

I agree with Catnip777. Clinique puts out the most beautiful colors for eyeliner pencils, but the formula stinks! These are called "Quickliners" for a reason: they are quick to smudge on you. Worst pencils I own right now, sorry to say. Besides the colors (I have 2- Intense Clover & Black Honey), the only other good thing about these is they don't tug on the eyelids. Probably why they smudge and fade so quickly, though. I am disappointed in myself for wasting money on these. Historically, Clinique make-up has NEVER worked for me. Their eyeliners are the one Clinique product that I have always had the worst experiences with. (That, and Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion."). Clinique pencils and gel liners have been among the worst out there for me. Always too soft or mushy to do the trick. Oh, sure, they look lovely when you first apply them... But give 'em about 15 minutes and you will surely change your mind about 'em. That is, unless of course you "like" smudgy, traveling, disappearing eyeliner...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Perfection!! Got this in a set that was $40 bucks & this eyeliner alone is practically worth that (to me!) coz this is the eyeliner I've been searching for forever (no joke!). I got Intense Sable which is close to black but throw in a bit of deep brown flecks & dark grey (no glitter). This is ahhhh-mazing! I have oily skin & this does not give me the panda look (panda look is NOT CUTE! & I get it from practically every liner eventually!!), except this 1 & it doesn't irritate my chronic dry eye (+ I had glaucoma so I got to be careful what I put around my eyes). I wear glasses; I don't own contacts so I cannot comment on that aspect. This is easily removed w Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. The color isn't too garish or harsh on me--I have to be careful w eyeliner not to go overboard & get a goth look accidentally but this is just perfection! I am going to definitely buy another & 1 in black! I've also been using clinique products on & off for awhile & I have a stash of their products & I only use their skincare (3 step, all about eyes, cleansing balm....). I really love clinique!! I've tried other QuickLiners but I wasn't as impressed as I am w this 1. HG all the way...!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using Clinique products on and off for years. However, I have come to the conclusion that Clinique quickliners don't work that great for me. I get sucked into purchasing them because I love the colors. And they do have some wonderful colors. My issues with these liners comes from their inability to last long and they smudge something fierce! They are easy to apply. However, I find they fade after a few hours and tend to migrate under my eyes, especially if I have tightlined with them. I also hate how the liner twists up. I own 2 liners that have just stuck and won't twist up. Waste of money and product!

PROS: Beautiful color selection, soft and creamy to apply

CONS: On my oily lids, the color fades (I do use good primers) and can smudge all over the place. I don't care for the twist up packaging-it can get stuck and will not twist up making the liner useless.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Contact lens wearers beware!! I bought this in Intense Aubergine, which is a great shade - was looking for a black plum that leaned warm and brownish rather than cool purple. This fit the bill perfectly. I applied it the following morning. Within half an hour my lenses had misted up completely - I had to take them out. I could see cloudy patches all over them. I tried to rinse them but every time I put them back in my eyes, the same thing happened. In the end I had to throw them away (I wear daily disposables) and get through my day at work squinting at the computer. This has happened once before - with Urban Decay waterproof liners - so I was sure the liner was to blame. Obviously, anyone can have a reaction to something that's fine for others. But when I googled reviews of the Intense Quickliners, it became clear this is a common problem - there are even reviews from lens wearers with the same issue on Clinique's own website, which really annoyed me as it means the company must be aware of it. In my opinion, Clinique counter staff should warn lens wearers not to purchase this product. The effect was so severe that when I put lenses in again the next day, I still experienced some clouding from whatever eyeliner residue must have been left on my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is pretty much the only eyeliner that I use up all the way (consistently) Usually I end up half way through one before I get tired of it and try something else..not with this though! I have normal shaped blue eyes and blonde hair with combo-dry skin and this looks amazing on my eyes with mascara. It also stays on really well in my waterline except the very outer edges where it will rub off, but every eyeliner does that on me anyways so its nbd. What I do like is that it does NOT get all gunky in my inner tear duct because I HATE that.

Really great eyeliner! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am over the whole gel eyeliner trend. Most days, I do my makeup while trying to beat the clock and get out the door for work on time. Applying gel eyeliner requires more time and effort than I care to deal with at 7am. I also don't like how gel eyeliner looks on me. I always feel like a 1980s throwback, Joan Jett about to take the stage. I've tried eye pencils at all price points. My new favorite is the Intense collection from Clinique. These apply effortlessly. They're creamy but don't smear like some gel eyeliner pencils do. Once applied, these do not smudge, though after several hours some fading does appear to occur. The assortment of colors in this line is wonderful - everything from basic black, brown, and neutrals to plum, aubergine, and a deep blue. Another bonus: no sharpening required. I prefer these pencils to those from Urban Decay (too much glitter) and Bobbi Brown (messy). Clinique may not have that edgy appeal that some other lines do, but these eye pencils are definitely worth checking out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by purplenath

I really like this eyeliner. It does not disappear and stays all day.I even go after work to the gym and it is still on. I would repurchase it for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Huge no no if you wear contact lens!

PROS:
- Easy to apply.
- Perfect packaging.
- Doesn't disappear throughout the day.

CONS:
- Expensive.
- Horrible for my contact lens (I can NOT use this product on my eyes' water line if I want to be able to see. Seriously, it will make me see everything so blurry to the point I can't drive safely, for example).
- It tends to go to places of my eyes/face I don't want it to instead of just staying where I applied it.

Overall, I do not recommend this to people who wear contact lens like me, but if you don't use it, you can give it a try. This product is not amazing, but it's good. However, it is expensive so I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives. I will not buy it again for obvious reasons.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These liners are addictive! I get smooth, almost fluid intense color that sets quickly and doesn't smudge or budge. All the shades I have last all day and still remove easily with eye makeup remover.
The color payoff and durability is much closer to a gel liner than the usual automatic pencil. Its texture is softer than a pencil, too. These have the glide and softness similar to a creamy stick eyeshadow, like LM's Caviar Sticks. I like their fluid softness and intense color for my upper lash line but I do find it's too harsh for my lower lashes, mainly because these pencils tend to apply strong, thick lines and my lower lash line is where I prefer soft, subtle definition.
Each pencil comes with a smudge tip on the opposite end which helps to smoke out the line but you'll have to be quick as these pencils really do set fast. If you do one eye then the other, and then decide to go back and smoke out your first eye, it'll be too late. The line is set. Oops! :)
These pencils require a lot of initial twisting to advance the liner. I think it took me about 20+ twists for the liner to finally move up. That's just an FYI so don't worry that yours might be a dud. And these tend to snap because of their softness so don't extend them too much.
If you're interested in subtle deep shades, try out my pics: Aubergine (muted deep plum), Ivy (muted deep pine green), Charcoal (shimmery blackened grey), and Chocolate (your basic deep brown). Peridot and Truffle are also subtle but not very deep. Peridot is a medium green/brown with gold flash and Truffle is a medium frosty taupe.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These are amazing, in a different league to other eye liners by miles. They are soft, so easy to apply, and so very beautiful. I had used other brands eyeliners for a smokey eye look, but never as true liners as to fussy to apply, and all the dryness pulling and tugging which can't be good for your eyes. With these, I feel like a make up artist, I can create any look I like. Suffice to say that I am on my third black pen ( and also have the peacock and the clove), whereas all my other liners were never repurchased.