Clinique Quickliner Intense All Colors

on 2/22/2015 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thank you MUA member beautyfix for recommending this product. Clinique was my brand in college and I left it behind because I found it too wimpy. Based on my eye colour I too got the peridot and was enticed by the peacock. First - this product performs: it glides on smoothly over not-so-smooth eyelids and stays put (no transfer either). The peridot is more of a bronze with a green/brown undertone and is very flattering on blue eyes (mine have green undertones - somewhat mermaid). The peacock is a grey with a teal undertone and looks really smashing. The peridot is perfect when you want definition but don't want to look made up like a hot humid day. It also works double time as an eye shadow. The peacock is a beautiful and very wearable colour that reminds me of Chanel's ardroise but more sophisticated - who knew?! The product twists up but not down so beware not to squish it. It comes with a smudging sponge on the end.

on 2/16/2015 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My eyes: blue/green
Quickliner intense colour: Peridot

Summary: I would repurchase because:

The texture of this is so beautiful, it melts like butter on application to the skin, but then affixes itself and doesn't smudge nor smear. It applies so beautifully and lightly that one can trace a wide depth of colour lightly even under the eyes and then apply a darker line around the eyes which will seem to blend itself into the lighter wash.

The colour is subtle and a beautiful soft, mossy green, flecked with delicate, subtle, golden shimmer. It doesn't look like an wearing some tawdry bright shade round my eyes, it is subtle colour, just visible according to the light. I've found I can build and build the depth around my eyes with this and it looks sexy, subtle and very pretty.

It doesn't budge, even after taking a nap this has stayed perfectly in place.

Cons: only one, I can't wear it in my waterline, it feels like my eyes become sensitive.

Verdict: the most beautiful eyeliner I've ever tried with the most beautifying effects. I would recommend it to all women, specially those who need a little TLC. I think it's beautiful and I think it can help us all be more beautiful too. I wish Clinique would bring out a golden brown too, I cannot resist trying the other colours, hoping they will be as lovely as this Peridot.

on 2/1/2015 4:16:00 AM

From a swap a while back, I received a Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense in the color Intense Peacock which is a gorgeous, deep metallic teal. The liner is a twist-up pencil with a spongey smudger on the other end. There's no need for a sharpener, and the pencil is firm enough to be easy to draw with but creamy enough to blend and shape, and takes a little under a minute to fully set. It's not waterproof, but it is smudge-proof and has lasted at least 6 hours on my primer-less, oily lids before starting to fade. With primer and shadow, this stays on fully all day.

My biggest problem with this product is that the pencil does not retract, so I always have to be careful to twist up product a little at a time as I'm using it, otherwise the product could break and it would be wasteful, especially if I actually paid the $16.50 it costs for only 2 inches of product! I love that the pencil's pigmentation is strong, it comes with a smudger for easy shaping and that I don't need to have a sharpener to use this. But until pencils like this come with more product, can retract, and have 8hrs+ of staying power, it just seems like a standard eyeliner for twice the price of a good drugstore eyeliner.

on 12/27/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have become lazy in my old age and don't want to deal with gel eyeliner brushes or even sharpening a wooden eyeliner pencil. So I have turned to self-sharpening liners. I like the Clinique Intense because they go on smoothly. There is a nice smudging sponge at one end--I don't use this often, as I typically don't do a smudgy eye being over 50.

I particularly like the color Intense Clove. It's a hard-to-describe, browny-grayish tone with very subtle shimmer. It looks good with my green eyes and is not so dark that I can't use it below the eye as well.

I also have Intense Chocolate--this is a pretty basic dark-brown liner, but everyone needs one of those in their stable!

on 12/13/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with Catnip777. Clinique puts out the most beautiful colors for eyeliner pencils, but the formula stinks! These are called "Quickliners" for a reason: they are quick to smudge on you. Worst pencils I own right now, sorry to say. Besides the colors (I have 2- Intense Clove & Black Honey), the only other good thing about these is they don't tug on the eyelids. Probably why they smudge and fade so quickly, though. I am disappointed in myself for wasting money on these. Historically, Clinique make-up has NEVER worked for me. Their eyeliners are the one Clinique product that I have always had the worst experiences with. (That, and Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion."). Clinique pencils and gel liners have been among the worst out there for me. Always too soft or mushy to do the trick. Oh, sure, they look lovely when you first apply them... But give 'em about 15 minutes and you will surely change your mind about 'em. That is, unless of course you "like" smudgy, traveling, disappearing eyeliner...

on 10/23/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Perfection!! Got this in a set that was $40 bucks & this eyeliner alone is practically worth that (to me!) coz this is the eyeliner I've been searching for forever (no joke!). I got Intense Sable which is close to black but throw in a bit of deep brown flecks & dark grey (no glitter). This is ahhhh-mazing! I have oily skin & this does not give me the panda look (panda look is NOT CUTE! & I get it from practically every liner eventually!!), except this 1 & it doesn't irritate my chronic dry eye (+ I had glaucoma so I got to be careful what I put around my eyes). I wear glasses; I don't own contacts so I cannot comment on that aspect. This is easily removed w Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. The color isn't too garish or harsh on me--I have to be careful w eyeliner not to go overboard & get a goth look accidentally but this is just perfection! I am going to definitely buy another & 1 in black! I've also been using clinique products on & off for awhile & I have a stash of their products & I only use their skincare (3 step, all about eyes, cleansing balm....). I really love clinique!! I've tried other QuickLiners but I wasn't as impressed as I am w this 1. HG all the way...!

on 4/28/2014 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using Clinique products on and off for years. However, I have come to the conclusion that Clinique quickliners don't work that great for me. I get sucked into purchasing them because I love the colors. And they do have some wonderful colors. My issues with these liners comes from their inability to last long and they smudge something fierce! They are easy to apply. However, I find they fade after a few hours and tend to migrate under my eyes, especially if I have tightlined with them. I also hate how the liner twists up. I own 2 liners that have just stuck and won't twist up. Waste of money and product!

PROS: Beautiful color selection, soft and creamy to apply

CONS: On my oily lids, the color fades (I do use good primers) and can smudge all over the place. I don't care for the twist up packaging-it can get stuck and will not twist up making the liner useless.

on 3/29/2014 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Contact lens wearers beware!! I bought this in Intense Aubergine, which is a great shade - was looking for a black plum that leaned warm and brownish rather than cool purple. This fit the bill perfectly. I applied it the following morning. Within half an hour my lenses had misted up completely - I had to take them out. I could see cloudy patches all over them. I tried to rinse them but every time I put them back in my eyes, the same thing happened. In the end I had to throw them away (I wear daily disposables) and get through my day at work squinting at the computer. This has happened once before - with Urban Decay waterproof liners - so I was sure the liner was to blame. Obviously, anyone can have a reaction to something that's fine for others. But when I googled reviews of the Intense Quickliners, it became clear this is a common problem - there are even reviews from lens wearers with the same issue on Clinique's own website, which really annoyed me as it means the company must be aware of it. In my opinion, Clinique counter staff should warn lens wearers not to purchase this product. The effect was so severe that when I put lenses in again the next day, I still experienced some clouding from whatever eyeliner residue must have been left on my eyes.

on 3/25/2014 3:27:00 PM

This is pretty much the only eyeliner that I use up all the way (consistently) Usually I end up half way through one before I get tired of it and try something else..not with this though! I have normal shaped blue eyes and blonde hair with combo-dry skin and this looks amazing on my eyes with mascara. It also stays on really well in my waterline except the very outer edges where it will rub off, but every eyeliner does that on me anyways so its nbd. What I do like is that it does NOT get all gunky in my inner tear duct because I HATE that.

Really great eyeliner! :)

on 2/24/2014 6:11:00 PM

I am over the whole gel eyeliner trend. Most days, I do my makeup while trying to beat the clock and get out the door for work on time. Applying gel eyeliner requires more time and effort than I care to deal with at 7am. I also don't like how gel eyeliner looks on me. I always feel like a 1980s throwback, Joan Jett about to take the stage. I've tried eye pencils at all price points. My new favorite is the Intense collection from Clinique. These apply effortlessly. They're creamy but don't smear like some gel eyeliner pencils do. Once applied, these do not smudge, though after several hours some fading does appear to occur. The assortment of colors in this line is wonderful - everything from basic black, brown, and neutrals to plum, aubergine, and a deep blue. Another bonus: no sharpening required. I prefer these pencils to those from Urban Decay (too much glitter) and Bobbi Brown (messy). Clinique may not have that edgy appeal that some other lines do, but these eye pencils are definitely worth checking out.