September 1, 2014 | 1450 users online

Highlighters - Laura Geller - Baked Highlighter in French Vanilla

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mine is like the photos, a split pan with half the French Vanilla and the other Golden Rose. I have read these are matte, but mine seems to distribute large clear sparkles, but few like three per side of my face. I think some body at the factory got some shimmer sprinkles too close to the matte while forming, because they look out of place with the rest being matte. I would buy again in the future, but only from a retailer I could return it if the next batch has shimmer. I got mine from a QVC TSV last year, that I loved the rest of my kit. I was hoping the sparkles would only be on the top and I'd reach matte by now. Must have been processing error.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I got this on QVC, along with the double-ended foam applicator. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way! I use this as a highlighter and/or concealer. Love to use this above the arch of my eyebrows, above the outside border of my top lip, under my eyes, the corners of my nose and anywhere I have dark spots from blemishes. It's like a cream in the pot but instantly like a powder when it hits the skin. Never breaks me out, no scent and is long-wearing. Love this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by sexyrishey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much! I use this almost everyday especially whenever am contouring my face. This is such a good value for money. And I can't live without this anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the duo with French vanilla & Portofino.

The french vanilla is an almost white creamy color, no sparkles or shimmers just bright and portofino is a super sparkley champagne gold color. They both have a nice consistency and they do not appear chalky on my skin. I do like that one is shimmery and the other is matte. The pan is huge so I'm sure this will last quite some time. I've taken this with me when I've traveled & I used this as an eyeshadow and it looked nice & lasted throughout the day. They are beautiful but to be honest they are ordinary highlighters, nothing too special.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by dianeluis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I've only recently gotten into doing a "full face" every day, but don't like looking overdone, and this is the PERFECT highlighter!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of those products that you kick yourself for not knowing about sooner. I have used this every day for the last two weeks and am very, very impressed. It's a nude powder with yellow undertones, and looks like it can be used on many skintones. It has no discernible shimmer or iridescence -- that's a good thing, because I'm too old for sparklies. The product looks very blah until you apply it, and then you look **fabulous**. It does what it says -- highlights -- and gives you a beautiful enhanced glow without shine. It is incredible on the browbone and on top of cheekbones, and just pulls me all together. You'd have to wrestle it away from me, it's that good. It is on the pricey side, $26 for a .06 oz pot about the size of a MAC eyeshadow. I went another route, and bought a .26 oz.Baked Highlighter Duo (half French Vanilla, half Golden Rose) for $28 on Amazon. You can also find them on eBay. For about the same price, I got twice the amount of French Vanilla plus an essentially free Golden Rose. My husband loooooooooooooves my shopping math, lol. The Golden Rose is gorgeous but iridescent, however,sparkles are very finely milled and not too shiny. BIG THUMBS UP FOR THIS HIGHLIGHTER!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

This Highlight isn't just a highlighter it's also a concealer! I love this stuff!!! I use it under my eyes and on my cheek bones. I sometiems use it alone as a concealer under my eyes sometimes I add concealer then this on top. Depending on my mood and how tired I feel I look.. But it's really good all on it's own. It's doesn't shimmer or sparkle like most highlighters but what it's does is just so much more amazing than the others I've tried. It literally brightens the areas you use in on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only had this 2-3 wks so will hopefully update once I get to play w/ it some more but for now, it's overall just OK. Was hoping to use this as an inner eye brightener as well as cheekbone highlight but it doesn't show up well on my fair skin (or when I do pile enough on to make it noticeable it doesn't look quite "right"..) :*(
Currently I'm using French Vanilla over my under eye concealer kind of like a setting powder, & it brightens my overall appearance. But is this my HG highlighter? NO. Is it worth the pricey pricetag? No, not in my personal opinion unfortunately..
I'm just feeling like maybe it's not meant for fair skin like mine?(For reference I'm N/Nc13ish // fair & mostly neutral but lean slightly warm with dark hair & eyes) Another issue for me is the awful applicator stick thingy it came with, I was looking forward to using it but I feel it makes applying even more difficult for me than it already is so It's laying in a box of old m/u brushes, tried applying 2-3x w/it w/ no success so am now using a small concealer brush :)

*updated 8/26/12*
well here's my update & unfortunately it's not a great one.. I have taken this from 3 lippies down to 2. I feel like no matter how many times I tried this it never looked natural on me. I have fair, neutral-warm skin (Ivory in Revlon CS) & I imagine if you're NC/NW 20-25 or deeper (med skin in general) this may end up working really well for you. I love the cute compact packaging & am pleased that it included a little mirror (most small compacts like this one do not)
Another thing worth mentioning, this needs to be handled with care. Mine cracked & lost a fair size chunk when I dropped it from about 3feet off the ground onto my living room carpeting!
Also, I'm 99% sure that this was the culprit of a few clogged pores (flesh colored bumps/pimples) that were popping up on my upper cheekbone area every single time I used this product.
All in all after deciding it not only didn't look flattering on my skintone, but was breaking me out too I swapped it away about 1 month ago. I *truly* hope the lovely MUA'er I swapped it to is able to make it work on her skin :) -French Vanilla Baked Highlighter is just not for me, back to Benefit HighBeam, TheBalm MaryLou Manizer, & Physicians Formula Translucent Happy Booster I go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I purchased this as the supersize duo with both the french vanilla and the portofino in the pan.

When I first opened it, the lid kinda left an indent, like the makeup was filled up too high so when they closed it, it got crushed a little. No biggie.

I too was wowed at the QVC presentation, I was like oh man these girls look gorgeous! I want to look like that!! Lol. Well did I end up looking like them?? Not quite, but close.

The french vanilla is definately a bright light creamy color, no sparkley or shimmery just bright and has light reflecting properties. Used over the brow, on the nose and in the corners of the eyes, you look brighter and more awake. The thing I don't like, is that when i do my cheekbones, it makes my dark circles look more pronounced, totally weird, but this happens to me with all highlighters.

I have to be careful too, because it can escentuate fine lines and dry skin :/ but as long as you have nice plump and moisturized skin, you should be fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ordered this after seeing Laura Geller demonstrate it on a model during a presentation on QVC. I was amazed at how this just made the model glow and look so much more "alive". I ordered it, first chance I had to do so. When it arrives & you open it, I will admit you look at it and say to yourself, "THIS is what I paid $26.50 for?"

It comes in small fliptop pot, similar to most Laura Geller products, and is accompanied by a double ended sponge tip applicator. One end of the applicator is similar to a sponge tip eyeshadow applicator and the other end is a broader sponge meant for face application. The product looks exactly as it sounds, like someone scooped a bit of french vanilla ice cream and plopped it into a makeup pot. But that is where all similarity ends. Once you begin to use this product you will be amazed at all the uses it has.

You can highlight your browbone, put it in the inner and outer corners of your eyes to make them appear more open and "awake". It can highlight cheekbones, be used to slim the nose, and even patted in the middle of the bottom lip for more "pout". This is NOT shimmery or frosty and anything, it just makes you glow like someone focused the softest of candlelight on you. I am 48 years old and just love the effect it gives me. I have not experienced any irritation with this product. The sponge applicator really does a nice job of placing the product where you want it. It is a bit pricey @ $26.50, however I know there are much high priced highlighters (ballz) out there. The final total, if purchased from QVC, is $32.83 with tax and shipping.

I do think this product will last quite some time, but if something better doesn't come along, I think I would re-purchase it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No