January 29, 2015 | 1731 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 3:45:00 PM More reviews by RainbowKid18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product it has never ever let me down, it makes me look flawless, natural, fresh, radiant its everything I have been searching for. I can only berrate the amount they provide in the pot. For the price you pay I don't feel it is enough

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 5:45:00 AM More reviews by fmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wear this product on a day to day bases as I hate the thought of clogging my skin with heavy foundations unnecessarily. I love the idea of this being so good for my skin, I love their product and brand philosophy and most of all, I love their bronzer! I think this brand is perfect for teen girls getting into makeup as well (though I am not a teen girl!).

The Bare Minerals Powder has been awarded four lipsticks by me.

Pro's: It's guilt free cover, it feels great on your skin, buildable coverage, quick and easy
Cons: I dunno if I am imagining but somedays the colour looks a little pink toned on me and I am not pink toned.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbysjh

I absolutely love this product! When I first started using this product, I had really bad cystic acne. Thanks to a great skin care regiment and this product, my skin is completely clear! It matches my skin perfectly. Love love love!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by marquiseazzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this for a few months after my HG foundation, Everyday Minerals Original Glo was discontinued (sigh). I'm clog-prone, and hormonal breakout-prone, and dry, AND sensitive, and Everyday Minerals was a beautiful thing for me. I also hate artificial-looking foundations. I'd heard good things about Bare Minerals (oh, the days before I'd discovered MakeupAlley!), and bought it. About a week in, my face - even with regular AHA/BHA exfoliation, proper makeup removal with jojoba oil, toning, benzoyl, and regular peels - developed a million sebaceous filaments. Literally, in each and every pore. I went for a facial and my esthetician was amazed how clogged my skin had gotten so quickly. Also, I realized the powder was causing far more serious PMS breakouts. Then, I saw myself in a well-lit department store mirror and it looked like I'd aged five years. Being 30, I have some small fine lines on my forehead and around my mouth, but they never, ever showed themselves so assertively with Everyday Minerals. And my pores, even while clogged, are generally very small - but this stuff just sunk into every crevasse and stayed all day, making even tiny pores look huge, and feather-light lines look like dry trenches. ... And the dry patches, come winter... oh my God. Flake city. Awful! I've since switched to Bobbi Brown's BB cream and could not be happier (or younger looking... or clearer). If you have anything other than totally even, perfectly-moistutized, 18-year-old skin - avoid, avoid, avoid.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Adriana2013

I also wanted to try it because of the great reviews and recommendations
I bought the starter pack
I am in my 30s and when I applied it, it makes my facial lines more visible

It is also messy to as the powder from the container is blown away with any slight movement. It takes a while to apply.

I actually threw away all the powders and kept only the brushes

I am pleased with the brushes

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Valmerc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very artificial-looking, does not set into skin, cakes, even with (various) primer.
Quite heavy coverage, even with a gentle hand - the powder is quite coarse

The colour does well in some light (from a distance), but under natural light and more blue light (like fluoro tubes/ blue tint) does quite terribly -- looks like a mask.

It is on the cheaper side of cosmetics, but overpriced for what it is. Quite poor quality product, but pretty good packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by MollyAnderson88

I have used this for years, mainly because a lot of foundations breaks out my skin and this never does. It matches my skin tone perfectly, and it is easy to apply if you have a proper technique. What I find is negative about this foundation is that the finish really depends on what kind of skincare you use underneath, and what kind of brush you use. I find that a primer and a light moisturizer is the best to wear underneath, and I actually use a really tiny brush(a mac 217) to apply this foundation. Trust me, forget the Bare Minerals official technique. To me, the tiny-brush technique is way better ;) It takes a bit longer to use this brush, but honestly, to me its the only way to make the foundation look even and blended in to the skin. I use this foundation from time to time because its a perfect color match, and its great if you easily break out. But I think there are a lot of better products on the market, to be perfectly honest. Also, its way to over priced, though it actually lasts a really long time, so I guess its kind of a good investment if you really love it. It is also nice to use as a finishing powder over another foundation if you have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by buurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go to foundation for everyday use. If I were going out I would use a liquid that provides more coverage, but otherwise I use this. The color matches my fair skin perfectly. It can be kind of messy but I prefer this so much more then the ready compact. I feel like this is much more sanitary as well. Another thing is it does not break my sensitive skin out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by purplepolkadots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

It is difficult to decide whether I like this foundation or not. On one hand I like how light and comfortable it feels on my skin, on the other-hand I find it difficult to get a nice even coverage, at times it can look a little cakey when I try to achieve this. Id recommend a good primer to counteract this or just another foundation to be honest. Bare minerals foundation is not so good in terms of coverage which is disappointing. The packaging is also awkward and the application process is another negative. However, I d recommend it as a light everyday foundation but not for photography, nights out or for people who like full coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by hbeautygirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really really wanted to like this product. I have heard so many great things about this foundation. As many have said, maybe 5 years ago it was amazing, but not anymore.

I have pretty dry/chapped skin especially in the winter. This made my dry spots VERY visible even with a moisturizer and primer underneath. It had little coverage. I have decent skin. I have redness, a few pimples every now and then, and some large pores. I didn't even have that much to cover up yet it didn't even even out my skin tone. I literally tried EVERY way to applicate this stuff. I bought 3 different brushes, tried applying small and larger amounts of the foundation, etc. Nothing worked. I was frustrated to say the least. Some days my skin looked decent and others it looked like i had a powder face on and I had aged 10 years.

On top of these issues, it takes forever to "Swirl, tap, buff". I do not have time in the morning to put primer, foundation, concealer, and mineral veil on in the morning. And having to buff in the foundation for 5 minutes is a nuisance. I would not mind this application process so much if the makeup made my face look presentable. I have no idea what the al the hype is about this product. Returned.