August 1, 2014 | 1802 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Le Bouquet Absolu

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by beatricerex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was given a full bottle by a non-perfume-wearing acquaintance who got it in a gift bag. It's a very soft, polite, smooth floral with a citrusy opening. I don't get any fruit or muskiness at all -- more of a soapy vibe -- and the jasmine is there only as a brief hint. For the first 30 minutes or so there's a bit of white flower, but it softens to "nonspecific floral" pretty quick. If you need a quiet, unassuming, feminine scent appropriate for the office or a wedding, this would work well. Ultimately nothing special about it, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Top Notes- Bergamot, Neroli, Wild Berries
Middle Notes- Jasmine, Vanilla Orchid, Rose
Base Notes- Musk, Ambergris, Juniper

For some reason, the middle notes are the ones that I can smell the most- Mostly Rose, Jasmine and a bit of Musk...

I was told that this was a Limited Edition fragrance so I was already very interested (since I tend to love Givenchy fragrances, typically). Once I sprayed it on and kept sniffing it throughout my visit to the salon, I decided I had to have it- especially since it was LE. What a sucker they make us into with these ridiculous LE items!! GRR. I have, like, 3-4 "Limited edition" items that I am frantically trying to purchase before they're all gone :(

I like this fragrance! It smells of Rose, for sure, but the other notes make it smell less like "your grandmothers' Rose"... haha!

Cute bottle- the glass is Faceted! Cute.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No