October 1, 2014 | 987 users online

Toners - Equate - Rejuvenating Toner

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by ksinson87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is GREAT and the price tag is even better. I've been using this product for the last 5 months and the results include: cleaner looking and feeling skin (no more black heads on my nose), smoother, skin, brightened complexion, helps with exfoliating the flakies I get periodically. I'm very prone to break outs and this toner caused no redness, itching, or pimples on my skin. There is no scent, and my skin feels refreshed after using it (morning and night). It does leave a slight film, however it dissipates quickly...then your skin is nice and prepped for whatever product you use next...whether is be moisturizer or a serum or acne medicine. The packaging is great. It's a very tiny hole at the top of the bottle, so it doesn't spill all over the place. It's a screw on top, which I also am a fan of (as opposed to a flimsy flip lid). I always have an extra bottle in my cabinet, because I don't want to go a day without it. Without a doubt, yes I would purchase it.
Edit 02/18/2013-- WOW, still in love with this product, and after many months of daily use, it is still delivering the results I LOVE. Unfortunately, I am on my last bottle (it's a brand new bottle) and when I went to Wal Mart to look stock up on it, they didn't have it anymore! Are they discontinuing this product? If so, any alternatives?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by nailgirlxoxo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this about a week ago and love it. It is alcohol free and has glycolic acid in it (I assume comparable to the 6% in proactive based on beautypedia review). This is very gentle on my skin, doesn't burn or sting at all. I believe it was created as an exfoliation product, not to treat acne- that is what the 2.5% BP lotion is for.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Moneyinthebanx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought I would should have some toner in my cabinet so I went to Walmart and this was $4. I thought it was a cheap price but not compared to other toners. I was looking for the "Proactive" knock off specifically because I have heard some (not all) good things about proactive.

Packaging is awesome, as someone said below it has a twist off cap that reveals a small hole in which you can squirt out as much as you need. Love that I don't need to touch it to my cotton.

I wouldn't buy this again because I didn't feel like it helped my skin that much. I'm not sure what I was looking for but I didn't see any change.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by theparsley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to give a glycolic acid product a try, and since this is around $4 and easily available at Wal Mart, I picked it up. I do not know what % of glycolic this is but it is the 2nd ingredient.

The dispenser is great: it has one of those little holes that you can dispense a desired amount of product out of easily. The toner has a very strange scent and is very sticky and thick. When I applied it on my face it left behind a film that I was compelled to wash off, but I resisted. It caused my active acne to tingle and sting a bit, but it seemed to be reducing the redness. However, within a few days this really broke me out. I thought maybe it was the glycolic acid bringing everything up to the surface and I continued to use it. I continued to get strange painful whiteheads; it even occurred in odd places... like right inside my nostril! When I stopped using the toner my face cleared up. I have since learned I break out from witch hazel (after trying it by itself) so that may have been the culprit.

I still gave this 2 stars for the price, availability, and amount of glycolic acid. For $4 I would say why not give this a shot if you do not think you are sensitive to the ingredients? I will be trying a different glycolic acid product.

Ingredients: Water, Glycolic Acid, Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Propylene Glycol, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Pca, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxide, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Benzophenone-4, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Blue 1, Yellow 5.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by abbyten

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is supposed to be a dupe of the ProActive toner. Since I have never used that brand I have no idea if it is an exact dupe, but I think it's a great glycolic toner.

I like to add actives into my skin care with toners so I don't have to add another cream or lotion. This is alcohol free, and despite having very sensitive skin, I have found this to be totally non-irritating. I can use it on my neck too which is normally much too sensitive for anything with glycolic acid.

The price is great too - I paid $4.18 for 4 ozs.