April 23, 2014 | 1832 users online

Polishes - OPI - Wooden Shoe Like To Know?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by MaggieRT

Gorgeous color. I've been wanting to try out a dark nail colour for ages but have never been brave enough until I saw this one. I normally prefer feminine/girly colours. As soon as I put this on I loved it. Its darker than my usual tones of pinks but it is still very feminine. I think its a real chic colour and I'll be wearing it a lot during autumn and winter. I've looked at other dark colours sine buying this and none seem to have the same appeal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely stunning shade, a universal taupe-brown flattering all skintones.
Great formula, strak free.
Long lasting.
Absolutely a must-have!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A beautiful brown, with a subtle shimmer. It may look kinda gross in the bottle, but once it's on your nails - its super pretty :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Chidders

After much deliberation over which colour would be my next OPI purchase, Wooden Shoe Like to Know was one of them. I was actually delighted when the bottle arrived, it looked like a mushroomy milk chocolate colour with tiny bronze shimmering particle in it. Once it was on my nails it didn't disappoint.

The application was smooth, and after two coats it looked perfect. It also weared really well, i had it one for 4 or 5 days with it still looking relatively good.

I have been really pleased with this purchase, and would highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Liliaceae2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This nail polish is very ugly and muddy in the bottle. Like a medium chocolate brown, leaning kinda pink, with a fugly shimmer in it. On the nails, however, it's very pretty; a darker chocolate brown which sometimes has a wooden look to it. The shimmer becomes very subtle and the color looks rather good against my fair, cool toned skin.
Application is easy and it's perfect in two coats. Actually, you could get away with one thick coat only. Drying time is decent.
I'm not exactly a brown nail polish fan, so I just wanted to have one in my stash, just in case I feel like wearing it, and I'm glad I picked "Wooden Shoe Like To Know?". I hope OPI doesn't discontinue it, as it's the best brown shade I've seen so far.

Sadly, I had to edit this review... I don't really like wearing top coat, so I usually choose nail polishes that are quite glossy on their on. Well, this one isn't. Without the top coat, it looks very flat and weird, and the shimmer makes this impression even worse. Besides, on the very first day I already got lots of tipwear and no matter how much I fixed them, they always came back.
It's still a lovely polish I'd recommend to anyone, though, as its problems can be easily fixed by applying a topcoat.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by scrapstitcher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have never been drawn to the brown nail polishes - until now. I first saw this on one of the nail blogs as a swatch and knew I had to have it. Bought it today (along with a number of other OPI polishes - my latest obsession - lol!). I have it on now and absolutely love it! It's the perfect shade of brown - not too dark. In certain light it looks like a cream, in other light, you can see the little gold micro shimmer in it which is very pretty. And in other light, it looks like there's chocolate on my fingertips. lol! I can see myself wearing this throughout the fall and winter months ahead...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by LGel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

omg, i just put this on and i LOVE it!! i've been looking for a brown polish that is "just right" and not too dark/harsh. this is it!

the best way i can describe this colour is milk chocolate that has subtle gold flecks that only certain light catches.

this colour looks great with my fair skin (NC15). i'm not sure how this would look on other skin tones, but give it a try. this colour is gorgreous.

goes opaque in 2 coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by siobhanerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not one for brown nail polish but I just had to buy this one! "Wooden Shoe Like to Know?" is from the OPI Holland Collection and is a soft milky chocolate colour with fine shimmer - somewhat reminds me of rich hot cocoa. It's beautiful and perfect for fall and winter. Like the other polishes from the collection, the formula is fantastic! The first coat always seems a bit iffy, streaking and balding in places but the second coat applies like butter. It's warm without beng too dark and shimmering without being too "in-your-face". Beautiful polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by beth6644

Yes, I would also prefer a slight increase in the micro-shimmer but, otherwise, this is the usual OPI perfection. Glides on, covers perfectly, gorgeous color. Lovely on warm toned skin. A great neutral.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sherryba

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't need to describe this again as it had been described well by other reviewers. I reallllly like it...yes, even for summer! The ONLY thing I would change would be for it to be a tad more shimmery flecks...They show up in the sun mainly...love it!