December 17, 2014 | 1740 users online

Polishes - Essie - A Crewed Interest

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

See, my problem with Essie aren't the colors at least, because I love A Crewed Interest so so very much. It's a light warm peach color, which reminds me of the crayola crayon color "peach" and it flatters my skintone just enough without it looking neon against my skin. Its very spring and summer appropriate, but I wear it whenever I'm feeling "femme". Anyway, I needed two coats just to cut the streakiness of the formula, and even then...meh, it was not opaque in the least. The brush, a joke. Too thin and the polish got goopy and tacky too quickly before the re applied from the bottle. Staying power is decent enough as I would get a week's wear tops out of it before it started to chip, so I'm happy about that much. Would I buy it again? Nope. For the price: $8 and some change, you would think they'd offer a better product but no, just save your dough for something cheaper and better.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by AleRF

I wanted to love this so bad, it is one of my favorite nail polish colors out there but the formula is just so bad so i will give it the lowest rating out there, it just seems fair since i rated Haute as Hello a 2 and the formula for that is much, much better.

Why i just can't make it work? First its too dense and it applies very unevenly because of that. It is also very streaky. Because of this you will need more coats, and more coats of a dense nail polish is never good, it takes to much to dry, it will smudge easily and it will not look very good.

I want to be strong enough to not buy this again ... the color is just so beautiful, its a pity with the bad application and bad formula :(. I hope i will honestly find another brand that carries the same shade with a better formula tho.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by picturescrazy

The color is beautiful! I'm super pale, so it doesn't look the best one me (would be even better on tan skin!), but I still get compliments on it whenever I wear it.

My biggest issue with it is the application process. It needs at least 3 coats to look even moderately opaque, but I normally end up with a 4th coat since some of the streaks from the first two coats show through. The more coats you put on, the easier it is to mess up a nail and smudge it, so put aside at least an hour before you do anything with your hands to ensure they are completely dry.
Very disappointed, such a unique color that didn't meet up to my expectations.

I really hope I can find a clone of this color with a different brand. Or Essie just needs to change the formula without sacrificing the color, 4 coats and a super slow drying time is ridiculous!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by kas22782

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the color both in the bottle and on my fingers but that's about it. Way too runny and streaky.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by KellynElise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this polish. In the bottle, it's a beautiful creamy light peach. However, on my nails it was a mess. The formula is so hard to work with--in some areas it was way too thick and goopy, and in others it left big gaps that would only look worse if I tried to cover them up. The formula for other Essie polishes I've tried (Turquoise and Caicos, for example) don't have nearly as terrible a formula as this one. I haven't seen a dupe of this color anywhere, but I really hope I will find one someday, because A Crewed Interest is not getting a repurchase from me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by barcodegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is such a lovely color, it's a pity the formula is less than great. My job doesn't allow crazy wacky colors or fun manicures, so I picked this up as a way to subtly spice up my nails. The polish is so ridiculously streaky and sheer. It took me about four coats to build it to an almost opaque color. I can still see my nail lines when I hold my hands up to the light, but I was afraid of putting another coat on, lest I get that awful globby texture that never seems to dry. As for the color, it's a cool toned pinkish peach, I think this would look lovely on a range of skintones. I wish the formula were better, if so this would be one of my go to work friendly polishes. Unfortunately, I'll have to save this for the times when I'm patient enough to work with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Kbabyx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Super disappointed with this buy. I bought this back in the summertime because it was so beautiful and went perfectly with my skintone. Formula is STREAKY TO THE MAX! I had to use 4-5 ridiculously thick coats to get rid of the streaky spots, even took it to my favorite nail salon hoping they would have better luck, but still the same problem. Overall disappointment, wish Essie could be consistent with their polishes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

This is a sad case of a pretty colour having a horrible formula. It is a gorgeous nice pinky-peach colour. Great neutral. I wouldn't know anything else about it, seeing it didn't even last an hour on my nnails- that's how bad it smudged.

Application: 1/5
Colour Turnout: 3.5/5

I cannot express how much of a disappointment this nail polish was. I was looking forward to having a great pinky-peach neutral. I put like four coats on, drying time was awful, horrible mess to try and make it opaque and not streaky. I waited forever for it to dry, but it just ended up smearing everywhere. I never even got a chance to wear it, because it smudged immediately. And not like a minor smudge, as a messed up all my nails so horribly you can't fix it.
DO NOT BUY THIS POLISH!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by starburst1824

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is so gorgeous on the nails. However, I hate using it because the application is sooo awful. It takes AT LEAST 3 coats to be opaque and sometimes still looks streaky.I'm so torn because I really do love the color but because of the application I'm going to look for a similar color from another brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by GlamazonGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am obsessed with this color! The first time I saw it at my local target I wanted it but didn't buy it. Big mistake because it was sold out every time I went back. I finally tracked it down and bought it a few weeks ago and let me say the color is fantastic. I've read some reviews that claim it's streaky but I've had no problem with any streaking from my polish. Maybe they did make a bad batch? All in all a great Spring / Summer color and can't wait to wear it again and again.