September 19, 2014 | 1871 users online

Fragrances - Sonoma Scent Studio - Incense Pure

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by tessture

This reminds me of a favorite wood-chip incense with an added sweet note like honey. It lacks the sharp and vicious notes of the CDG incense series, but is still true to compressed wood incense. Lovely. Doesn't in fact smell like a Catholic church, but is still beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by sugardrop

SSS makes very high quality, long lasting perfumes with top notch ingredients and this one is no exception. To me its a beautiful, airy and light outdoorsy incense. It smells like pine needles, tree sap, and non-smokey incense...and it has the *slightest* sweetness, but its mostly a dry, contemplative fragrance. Great lasting power and sillage. One spray lasts several days on my skin. I like this for sitting around and reading books. A very calming and snuggly scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Last fall, I became obsessed with the idea of smelling like the inside of an old cathedral: drafty, with the scent of wooden pews and incense. Who knows where I got this odd idea...it must be the closet goth in me crying out. In order to achieve this effect, I sampled a variety of indie perfumes many of which smelled very good but didn't quite come close. SSS's Incense Pure is still not there *yet* (it doesn't have the chilly quality I'm looking for) but of the things I've tried, this is the best. The note list is quite long, but I can distinctly pick out the frankincense, myrrh, labdanum, cedar and ambergris. Having no experience with the Catholic Church, I am unsure how closely this comes to the stuff they wave about in censors. But I like to think that in another time, beautiful and lonely cathedrals in the forest smelled of Incense Pure. This is NOT the scent of cheap, overly sweet headshop incense (which I sadly do have experience with). The sillage and the lasting power is outstanding and for the price, it is a remarkable scent.