December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Elvive Triple Resist

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used half bottle of this shampoo and its mask and I really can't bear to finish it. It leaves my hair pretty dry at the touch and I can feel build up after a few weekly uses. My hair is not any stronger than before and it looks pretty dull. It adds no shine at all and when wet it leaves the hair tangled.Not impressed at all. Save your money and buy something else instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by katiegrin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have just used this for the first time today and on first impressions I like what I see!. I will update after a week as results may change as I continue to use and i wash my hair every day. I only ever use high end shampoo and conditioners mainly kerastase reistance range which i alternate with l'oreal dmage repair when im just having casual days. However i noticed i was getting irritated scalp and spots that itched on my scalp and the resistance seemed to be to blame but its so annoying as i love the results i get but i cant keep doing that to my scalp. My hair is long, fine and will break as i tie it back to excercise daily and blow dry daily . My hair was feeling weak and i'm not trying to go to the hairdressers to cut it just yt so i saw the triple resist advertised and as it had a similar name to the kerastase range i use i thought id give it a go esp as it only cost me 4.00 for the shampoo and con!. I have to say i am impressed with the first use!. The smell is a little overpowering and the packaging a bit tacky black and pink yuck!. However it was rich and luxurious to use and after using the con i could feel my hair feeling a whole lot stronger whilst wet. My brush slid through my wet hair and blow dried without pulling which is brilliant . The smell of my hair is a bit over powering it kind of smells like aftershave!. I will use a little less when washing tomorrow though see if that helps. My hair feels very similar to when i use the reisistance range . It looks a bit thicker has no static or flyaways and feels quite a bit stronger than it does after i normally wash with the damage repair one. The only thing is i'm not sure if this will cause a build up on my fine hair and weigh it down making it look darker. Iam feeling a bit of a residue on my hands when i touch my hair which is a bit strange. I will test that out this week and review again later.

ONE WEEK LATER

Ok so I have used this for a week every day and I now know I will NOT be re buying triple resist!. As predicted my hair became very heavy and limp and the dreaded product build up look appeared making my hair look dull and much darker blonde than i naturally am. Also the SMELL!! Where do i start it's just too OVERPOWERING!!. I got really sick of that strong aftershave smell which would even transfer to my hands when i touched my hair, I also notcied a powdery trace to my hands whenever i touched my hair. I must say though this does do what it says on the tin. My hair was much stronger and resilient whilst i used it but there are just too many negatives to this shampoo and conditioner range for me . I actually felt quite horrible towards the end of the week. I really wouldn't recommend this unless you have very damaged hair and you are looking for immediate protection from further damage. It does massively work for immediate strength but it does not make hair look aesthetically pleasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this conditioner after deciding that Aussie were not great products for the price/tiny bottles.

After lots of reading bottles and comparing, I bought the Triple Resist conditioner and the L'Oreal shampoo for dyed hair (can't remember the name).

The first time I used this, I noticed that you only needed a small amount to do my about 2-inches-past-my-shoulders-length hair. It felt very luxurious and moisturising and seemed to fulfill everything it promised...
It was when I was drying my hair that I realised I could smell something REALLY bad... Like body odour bad. Sounds gross, but I was super paranoid and after a few sniffs, I tracked the gross smell down to my hair (I was fresh out of the shower!) I put it down to a one-off but after more washes with the Triple Resist conditioner, it is definitely the source of this horrible smell! It isn't the shampoo because I still have some Aussie shampoo left which I've always used without fault and the only new product I've used on my hair is the Triple Resist.

It's a shame because the formula is wonderful; washes out well and leaves hair in great condition but no one wants their head to smell like BO :(

Packaging = Great, click bottom bottle with no mess.
Price = Good for quality
Product = Great but smelly...

I imagine this is all down to personal taste but I recommend having a sniff before you commit to purchasing this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

I am so disappointed in this product! Last year I used it along with the conditioner and it made my hair sooo soft, shiny and healthy, it remained clean for the whole day... though I have to mention I didn't have any hair loss. This year I started having some hair loss problems around April (due to hormones, or using too many shampoos) and the problem aggravated drastically around 1-2 months ago. I thought immediately of buying this shampoo but guess what? It worsened my hair loss! HORRIBLE! My hair strands would fly away everytime I touched my hair. At first It made my hair glossy but not so clean, and then the hair loss got worse.
I stopped using it and went back to JUST one shampoo and my hair loss stopped dramatically, to a point where I only shed about 1-3 strands of hair during shower... seriously.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Hannahx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this shampoo a lot. I've been using it for a good few months now (having previously used I think nearly all of the L'oreal shampoo range) and it's probably my favourite out of them (along with the multi-vitamin one). It lathers well, leaves hair feeling really clean (the whole idea at the end of the day!), and I have noticed less breakage since I started using it. My hair feels a tad thicker too, although I'm not sure if that's entirely from this product alone (I also use the conditioner btw). Overall, I would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

I bought this because I noticed my hair was falling out readily from using Dove shampoo (eek!). Since switching, I don't seem to be seeing as much hair fall out during combing and my hair doesn't particularly break. However I don't like it as a shampoo as it makes my scalp a bit sore and leaves my hair quite frizzy and a bit lifeless. My scalp then rebounds with oilyness and gets lot of build up. However it seems to work okay so I would give this a try if your hair is feeling weak but I probably wouldn't buy again.